Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Practice Squad Signings

Bluefire4

CB Marcus Burley and DT Kurt Taufa’asau.

The Indianapolis Colts today signed cornerback Marcus Burley and defensive tackle Kurt Taufa’asau to the practice squad.

Burley, 5-10, 185 pounds, was originally signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent on April 28, 2013 and spent time on the practice squads of the Jaguars, Philadelphia Eagles and St. Louis Rams this year. At Delaware, he appeared in 48 career games (33 starts) and totaled 169 tackles (119 solo), 18 passes defensed, four interceptions, three tackles for loss, three fumble recoveries and one forced fumble. As a senior in 2012, Burley started all 11 games and recorded 27 tackles (19 solo), five passes defensed and one fumble recovery.

Taufa’asau, 6-2, 300 pounds, was originally signed by the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted free agent on April 29, 2013. After being waived on August 31, he was signed to the Tennessee Titans practice squad on December 18. Taufa’asau played three years at Wyoming after transferring from New Mexico Military Institute. He competed in 20 career games at Wyoming and recorded 49 tackles (25 solo), four tackles for loss and three passes defensed.

Both of my alma mater's -- the Fightin' Blue Hens of Delaware and the Cowboys of Wyoming.

I saw Taufa'asua play a bit while in WY -- he seemed like a pretty good guy and was a very good college player (although WY didn't always play top talent)... been a while since I've checked out the Blue Hens though -- but I gotta root for both these guys