Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did you hear about this floating around about the NFL fix on Chargers winning the SB?

chad72

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there,  done that........    Colts vs. Broncos (Peyton)   Much bigger sell at this point,  IMO

Probably close but I think the networks want Brady/Peyton given how great the regular season match up was this year. Luck will be around for a long time. This may be the last hurrah for Tom and Peyton ...

please do not link to content that we would not allow here (racism.......profanity etc) also please do not copy and past posts from other forums, there has been far too much of that lately

We do not allow links to other forums because we do not want to get something started with another board. Copying and pasting is the same thing

please don't do it

My apologies on copying and pasting a post, won't happen again :thmup:

Probably close but I think the networks want Brady/Peyton given how great the regular season match up was this year. Luck will be around for a long time. This may be the last hurrah for Tom and Peyton ...

IMO people would want to see a Colts Manning AFCC game.

Nationally and by that I mean the networks and ratings, it would be Brady and Manning by a country mile. But Colts/Broncos would be a close second.

The Colts get pretty good ratings:

http://forums.colts.com/topic/25409-colts-draw-huge-tv-audience/

And Luck is a hot new commodity. Brady vs. Manning is always huge don't get me wrong, but a lot of people watched our game vs. Manning too.

A trip to the Super Bowl on the line after Manning's record setting season with the media created tensions with Irsay and vs. Andrew Luck/his old beloved team/city (who still likes him) is about as juicy as you can get at this time in Manning and Luck's careers with so much at stake.

Pats/Broncos would be a close second though. Chargers are interesting too since everyone loves the underdog......the team who sneaks in and gets hot.

And not to rude JMO but NE is lacking some big name star power around Brady right now for me to get as excited over them long term. If you still had Gronk or whatever it may be a bit different for me as a fan. Pats are the least interesting to me of the final 4 AFC teams. Brady/BB stories can only sustain me for so long.....in NE they love it but outside of NE we can get bored with it.

The Colts get pretty good ratings:

http://forums.colts.com/topic/25409-colts-draw-huge-tv-audience/

And Luck is a hot new commodity. Brady vs. Manning is always huge don't get me wrong, but a lot of people watched our game vs. Manning too.

A trip to the Super Bowl on the line after Manning's record setting season with the media created tensions with Irsay and vs. Andrew Luck/his old beloved team/city (who still likes him) is about as juicy as you can get at this time in Manning and Luck's careers with so much at stake.

Pats/Broncos would be a close second though. Chargers are interesting too since everyone loves the underdog......the team who sneaks in and gets hot.

And not to rude JMO but NE is lacking some big name star power around Brady right now for me to get as excited over them long term. If you still had Gronk or whatever it may be a bit different for me as a fan. Pats are the least interesting to me of the final 4 AFC teams. Brady/BB stories can only sustain me for so long.....in NE they love it but outside of NE we can get bored with it.

Good points. But honestly CBS if they could would fix it for Brady/Manning. So much history there and this season in particular with Manning having all the weapons and the historic year and Brady not having his weapons but the comebacks. One trying to put away his playoff woes, the other trying to tie the most rings all time. It would also be the fourth time they met to get to the SB and the other 3 had the winner winning the SB.

While Indy has the ties to Manning emotionally, it does not have the football history of Brady/Manning. Also, not sure Indy has any star power either after Luck with Reggie going down.

So those of you so convinced there was a "conspiracy" are you willing to say you were wrong?

I'm waiting.........

tap, tap, tap.......

Geesh, the dumb things people are all too willing to believe.  So who is the next "the NFL has chosen team X to win it all?" going to be. 

I'm here to say I was wrong, but heck it was nice fodder to talk about if you followed my comments that said it is fun to talk about. ;)

Now, I think it is a fix for Peyton with his "light at the end of the tunnel" comment. Apparently, the Denver Post could not get Champ Bailey to say he will retire, lol. Do you buy that? :)

I am going to be on a conspiracy roll till one of them happens.

Well, I sometimes dig a good conspiracy theory so I am not embarrassed here.

And at least we can stop looking at who the Eagles open up at home with.

I will throw out a new one. Manning/Brady are competing for it now. Manning......"the light at the end of the tunnel"......"My heatlh will determine how long I can go on......if I can go on.......at all.....*faints*........

Vs.

BostonStrong/Boston Marathon bombings......powerful NE sports teams, Bob Kraft.....Super Bowl in Jersey/NY......home of the biggest rivals in all of Boston sports. East coast money bonanza. West coast vs. east coast Super Bowl. Pats won it all post 9/11.

1) Bruins were one game from game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals-they pretty much blew game 6 in the end too, game 7 was a minute or so away.

2) Boston Red Sox win it all

3) Patriots one game from SB....

Of course most of this is in jest and all so don't take this too seriously guys!!!! :headspin:

I will throw out a new one. Manning/Brady are competing for it now. Manning......"the light at the end of the tunnel"......"My heatlh will determine how long I can go on......if I can go on.......at all.....*faints*........

LOL!!! I am reminded of that song "can't go on, but I can't go on, on my own..."

From a business perspective if a SB was fixed honestly the original conspiracy theory made little sense despite being fun. Who has major interest in seeing SD vs. Seattle?

For me a lot goes back to the big market babies and especially on the east coast. And with the Super Bowl in Jersey you have the many loads of Patriots fans all over the east coast who many travel to this cold weather game or just hang out in the city......spend money etc. Party. The NFL is all about money and it is convenient for New England fans.

Denver vs. SF/Seattle? Two west teams? Wouldn't they rather have east coast vs. west coast? Last year they got SF vs. Baltimore...and still had issues selling some tickets I remember hearing. Sure they sold them but they did not sell FAST. And this years tickets are expensive.

I could look back on this and laugh Sunday night again. But, IMO with the money involved they may want the Patriots and are secretly hoping they win.

Should be interesting to see how the calls go on Sunday. Peyton vs. Brady usually results in a close game even though it has been won more by NE.

IF NE makes the Super Bowl then I totally got hoodwinked and was wrong since I really was not feeling it was "their year" possibly until the last few days. IF they make it then I was totally fixated on the Colts and Broncos and ignored too much else behind the scenes. :headspin:

edit: If this pic is real then woooooowwwwwww

http://forums.colts.com/topic/25756-so-the-nfl-facebook-page-posts-a-picture-of-the-colts/

Unrelated, but what's the over/under on the number of times they show IR'ed players on the Denver and NE sidelines on Sunday? I'm going to go with 8. Not sure what the break-down is but that's my number.