Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver is better of playing SD than they would be Indy

oldunclemark

I know that SD sees Denver all the time and they know what to do against them...

..but Andrew  is so much more mobile than Phil Rivers....

..and SD has nobody superfast like TY Hilton.....I thought SD had a better O-line but they had another injury there Sunday

///SD may or may not be better defensively than Indy...

There's no easy games..,..but I think the Broncos would rather face SD than the Colts right now

...what do you think?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Chargers are built like a playoff team and therefore can win anywhere. They have the stout D, solid run game and timely passing. I like their coaching too. Indy has more holes and issues so I think Manning would have preferred them but he is probably happy not to have the emotion of that game.

I think the Chargers are built like a playoff team and therefore can win anywhere. They have the stout D, solid run game and timely passing. I like their coaching too. Indy has more holes and issues so I think Manning would have preferred them but he is probably happy not to have the emotion of that game.

Right......

I think that Andrew Luck scares everybody in the AFC.......because even the top defenses cant seem to control him for 4 quarters

SD's game is to keep the ball...They were saying it again today..They lead the league in time of possession...

///They don't stop Manning so muuh as they keep him on the sidelines...

I think that Andrew Luck scares everybody in the AFC.......because even the top defenses cant seem to control him for 4 quarters

SD's game is to keep the ball...They were saying it again today..They lead the league in time of possession...

Yep, if Peyton gets off to a hot start, Chargers may have to go to game plan B and start slinging around getting out of their comfort zone of clock control. Don't be shocked if that happens.

Yes, I agree. Teams fear Luck to an extent but if keeps turning it over then it won't be an issue.

And that is what I mean about SD being the best playoff team left. They are solid everywhere and can ball control, pass when they need to and play great D.

Doesn't matter Denver can throttle both teams if SD/Indy (if that would have been the case) dont show up......The one thing that favors Indy against the Broncos almost more then anything else is Denvers Corners are not really press Corners which would afford our WR's a free release and if our O Line could protect Luck long enough for him to get a pass off we could stay in the game going through the air while keeping Denver honest with a running thats just good enough. 

What San Diego really has going for them is size and playmakers , Two dangerous playmaking TE's both 6'4" or bigger with speed and good hands and a rookie WR  who is having an excellent rookie year  , One TE is raw but if you get him the ball and allow him to get some rhythm he will be a playmaker (Ladarius Green who I honestly wanted later over Fleener). Play Danny Woodhead is dangerous in space and a bit underrated between the Tackles

Doesn't matter Denver can throttle both teams if SD/Indy (if that would have been the case) dont show up......The one thing that favors Indy against the Broncos almost more then anything else is Denvers Corners are not really press Corners which would afford our WR's a free release and if our O Line could protect Luck long enough for him to get a pass off we could stay in the game going through the air while keeping Denver honest with a running thats just good enough. 

What San Diego really has going for them is size and playmakers , Two dangerous playmaking TE's both 6'4" or bigger with speed and good hands and a rookie WR  who is having an excellent rookie year  , One TE is raw but if you get him the ball and allow him to get some rhythm he will be a playmaker (Ladarius Green who I honestly wanted later over Fleener). Play Danny Woodhead is dangerous in space and a bit underrated between the Tackles

True G-man

But the o-line s shaky and the QB is immobile..

Denver did beat SD....and they haven't beaten Indy.

Plus I think they know exactly what Phil Rivers can do and nobody can say that about Luck

Yes, I agree. Teams fear Luck to an extent but if keeps turning it over then it won't be an issue.

And that is what I mean about SD being the best playoff team left. They are solid everywhere and can ball control, pass when they need to and play great D.

:scratch:

True G-man

Plus I think they know exactly what Phil Rivers can do and nobody can say that about Luck

True, Luck is an unpredictable fearless beast at QB at times. :worthy:

Luck has one game with turnover struggles and now thats an issue? One game makes a team with the least TO in the league a team with TO being an issue moving forward? Lolok.

True G-man

"Denver did beat SD....and they haven't beaten Indy."

I think Colts can still pull it out in Denver if we get there (If we play like we did vs KC then we have 60 minutes left in the season vs NE) BUT lets not forget we were a different team back then, We had Wayne for that game(vs Denver)...Either way Wayne or no Wayne we cant have a repeat performance of what KC was able to do with us, I think some are discounting how big some of the players that went down for KC were, Not saying we could not have won it like we did if they did not go down but chances are much more slim, BUT we won and thats the most important thing

I don't know if Andrew Luck 'keeps turning it over'

Luck has 12 interceptions in 17 games, right?

SD has Mr. 70% in Rivers and a Woodhead is a pain to control  but I dont think SD's offensive line is solid..

You have to show them a lot of blitzes..and Denver will

I'm not certain whether Sunday's playoff was great SD 'D' or shaky Cincy 'O'   are you?

I was hoping for a Denver vs Indianapolis game. So Luck could crush Peyton's chances for another Super Bowl, lol. I've always known Luck was going to be clutch and was one of the first to voice my opinion in support of dumping Peyton for Luck. 

dont

I was hoping for a Denver vs Indianapolis game. So Luck could crush Peyton's chances for another Super Bowl, lol. I've always known Luck was going to be clutch and was one of the first to voice my opinion in support of dumping Peyton for Luck. 

That's exactly why I never want to see an Indy-Denver playoff game

I don't think any team wants to play anybody three times in a year. That is why divisional games are always tough. Teams are too familiar with each other.

And if you think about it we beat Denver because of he press coverage Davis and Toler made all game. Davis and Toler are both injured, and played like garbage yesterday.

I don't think any team wants to play anybody three times in a year. That is why divisional games are always tough. Teams are too familiar with each other.

And if you think about it we beat Denver because of he press coverage Davis and Toler made all game. Davis and Toler are both injured, and played like garbage yesterday.

Davis wasn't that bad. He only gave up 27 yards into his coverage. He just had an awful facemask penalty.

And Gordy is probably better than Toler anyway. At least just as good.

l.mao

Luck had one of the lowest INT% in the entire NFL. What are you talking about?

He had three vs KC. That is what I am referencing. Post season is a whole different animal from regular season. He needs to be much, much better come Sat night.

Yeah you force passes when you're down 28 points. And one was a pass that TY knocked right into the defenders hands.

Yeah you force passes when you're down 28 points. And one was a pass that TY knocked right into the defenders hands.

Still 3 picks is one third his total for the year. Not a good sign. His decisions and throws were poor. The one to TY was behind him but I agree also on TY as well.

Sorry AM  I personally don't think Peyton will get caught up in the emotion of Indy if they play again. It will be in his home and Irsay can't pull any shenanigans again. Let's face it if you want to get to the big game you have to beat a couple of good teams who ever they may be. Maybe you should be more concerned about the Colts beating Brady this weekend. I know they got beat last year but this is a new year so you have to let go of previous games.  The Broncos have played the Chargers twice this year and split so I think they know what they are up against.

Sorry AM  I personally don't think Peyton will get caught up in the emotion of Indy if they play again. It will be in his home and Irsay can't pull any shenanigans again. Let's face it if you want to get to the big game you have to beat a couple of good teams who ever they may be. Maybe you should be more concerned about the Colts beating Brady this weekend. I know they got beat last year but this is a new year so you have to let go of previous games.  The Broncos have played the Chargers twice this year and split so I think they know what they are up against.

Susie I was asking about Manning and he who he would prefer. I don't think you ever want a divisional opponent in the playoffs because they know you so well and the Chargers already beat them in Denver this year. I still think Denver wins though unless the Chargers dominate again with their run game.

I do think Peyton is pulling for the Pats on Sat. He does not want another Indy/Broncos show down with Irsay tweeting and so on. JMO.

Still 3 picks is one third his total for the year. Not a good sign. His decisions and throws were poor. The one to TY was behind him but I agree also on TY as well.

Luckily you'r guys defense isn't in the same stratosphere as KC's so I think he'll be alright.  

Who did you voice your opinion to you just joined yesterday :???: :slaphead: :funny:

He had three vs KC. That is what I am referencing. Post season is a whole different animal from regular season. He needs to be much, much better come Sat night.

By your logic Tom Brady :brady: has 0 tds  :eek:  , 0 ints :whew: , and 0 yards :omg: . Those are awful playoff numbers. The Colts D must be salivating..... :monkeydance:

You don't? How about Cards and Rams?

I don't expect the Colts to look that bad but it wouldn't surprise me either.

lol wow 2 games out of 16. I guess if I pick out 2 games out of the season i can make the argument that the Patriots have a terrible offense.

Just FYI, yu're defense ius nowhere as good as their are either.