Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Preventing Pressure on Luck

bap1331

Definitely wouldn't keep the projected starting lineup on the OL. McGlynn, Satele, Thornton on interior line = Luck running for his life. 

Not much you can do there SOMDColtsfan.

If we could just put the right players in the right positions I would be happy.

Honestly...if healthy and READY I would want AC, Reitz, McGlynn, Link, and Gosder Cherilus from left to right at this point.  Thornton has REALLY struggled in pass protection and it doubles when Satele misses line calls and whiffs as well.  Gotta go with what ya 'got.'

Colts_logo.gif

I'll 

Honestly...if healthy and READY I would want AC, Reitz, McGlynn, Link, and Gosder Cherilus from left to right at this point.  Thornton has REALLY struggled in pass protection and it doubles when Satele misses line calls and whiffs as well.  Gotta go with what ya 'got.'

I totally agree with this. I'd be ok with Thornton at RG if something happens, and sprinkle in some Nixon on jumbo packages. 

I'll 

I totally agree with this. I'd be ok with Thornton at RG if something happens, and sprinkle in some Nixon on jumbo packages. 

I was thrill a couple of weeks ago when it appeared we had a nice combination on the field....then Reiz had the concussion and Link a quad?  Or pec?  I have slept since then.

If we want a running game at all, Satele needs to sit and McGlynn at center.....and our other 'selections. :)

Colts_logo.gif

But they aren't "going with what they got". Nixon has played well at RG while Thornton struggled previously. And Nixon is healthy and available. McGlynn and Satele have been discussed enough already this entire year, that's a no brainer

I was watching the game from Week 16 and pretty scary how they would almost get to Luck at times.

What would you do to prevent it? Which key players on the Chiefs D have to be closely watched? Do you double team them?

Every QB gets pressured and almost sacked. The way we handled it against the Chiefs was textbook. Part of it is on the blockers, but a big part of it is on the QB to navigate the pocket, get rid of the ball and/or take off and run. And that's what happened in that game.

Thats actually my biggest fear for this game. KC runs stunts, blitzes, etc. to keep constant pressure on Luck. If they can do that and get to him a few times then they certainly have a chance to flip the turnover numbers from last game which wouldn't be good for the Colts.

I was thrill a couple of weeks ago when it appeared we had a nice combination on the field....then Reiz had the concussion and Link a quad?  Or pec?  I have slept since then.

If we want a running game at all, Satele needs to sit and McGlynn at center.....and our other 'selections. :)

satelle has been making some good pulling blocks to the left side, we just don't do good up the middle

Probably be a long day for Andrew Luck. Can't stand having Satele & McGlynn on the field at the same time

And then you have Chuck Pagano "We're gonna do what's best for us to win" took almost the entire season to get DHB out the lineup so I doubt we'll get Satele out the line-up at all this season. It's just sickening how they claim protecting Andrew Luck is their #1 priority yet their actions show protecting Andrew Luck is priority #125

Yeah, Chuck is such a naive putz.

I like Chuck, I really do, but I think he's very sentimental in terms of players.  I don't understand the fascination with Satele.  He's had a couple of decent games but the majority of the time, he's  cutting crucial seconds off Luck's protection.