Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Luck beard...

bap1331

I say let him keep it and then when we win the Superbowl his teammates should hold him down and shave it off for him using only champagne as shaving cream.

haha!!!! Love the idea! You're right. I just don't want to see a defensive end pull it out. That would be painful! Loll

His mom and dad and his girlfriend have to take him aside and quietly hand him a shaving kit

I saw in some interview that he let barber trim it.  To paraphrase badly, his girlfriend permits him to have it, but his mom is the one that takes issue with it.  I can't point to a specific video for that.

I like the neard.  It's unique.  I say everyone should ignore it and allow it to work it's magic.   :shh:

I saw in some interview that he let barber trim it.  To paraphrase badly, his girlfriend permits him to have it, but his mom is the one that takes issue with it.  I can't point to a specific video for that.

I like the neard.  It's unique.  I say everyone should ignore it and allow it to work it's magic.   :shh:

Clean shaven guys win a lot more than bearded guys.... :bored:

I dont see Tom Brady with a neck beard.. :brady:

I haven't seen Tom Brady win anything lately

Really...didn't they just win their division for about the 10th time in a row.

Except for aaron Rodgers' 80s-style dicso moustache..find me a champion shaggy face

Why folks connect being unshaven with winning is bizarre...

Andrew should listen to his momma :hippie2:

Clean shaven guys win a lot more than bearded guys.... :bored:

I dont see Tom Brady with a neck beard.. :brady:

Being clean-shaven has more to do with style trends than anything else.  Besides, I'm not talking about Tom Brady and his non-existent neard.  Maybe he needs a dirty sock and not a neard.  

Except for aaron Rodgers' 80s-style dicso moustache..find me a champion shaggy face

Roethlisberger won his first Super Bowl with a beard.

Part of the Wikipedia entry about The Playoff Beard.  (I acknowledge that it's a flawed database.)

The playoff beard has expanded into Major League Baseball, the Canadian Football League, the National Football League and, to a lesser extent, the National Basketball Association.[9] The practice generally resembles that of hockey in that players don't shave until they either win a championship or are eliminated.

American Football[edit]
  • During the 2007–2008 season, several offensive linemen including Pro Bowlers Matt Light and Logan Mankins grew beards until being eliminated. Both men showed up at the Pro Bowl much cleaner cut than in previous weeks.[citation needed]

As the Budweiser commercial says, "it's only weird if it doesn't work."

1000 folks win and shave every year....its just about being a lazy boy

Even in the WNBA..most of the winners shave...

Its not a natural act to shave..putting a sharp blade to your neck every day is not the best idea

Nut Andrew nesd to listen to his momma on this one...

Momma is always right

1000 folks win and shave every year....its just about being a lazy boy

Even in the WNBA..most of the winners shave...

Its not a natural act to shave..putting a sharp blade to your neck every day is not the best idea

Nut Andrew nesd to listen to his momma on this one...

Momma is always right

:thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:

I think it's a theory deep down with testosterone that nobody talks about out loud. Facial hair starts when a boy is turning into a man....and sports can be the epitome of the "real man" image.

So therefore men with facial hair in sports look tougher to some and radiate more rugged masculinity and testosterone, which therefore translates to a superstitious idea that it helps create winning being that football has always had such a macho image.

I think he spoke about his neck beard in some interview, confessing he's a bit lazy, but also something about how the chin-strap irritates his skin when cleanly shaven..

And you know he doesn't care what other people think, if he's more comfortable with the beard, let him have it, without every interview having a question about the beard.. kinda getting old, this topic...

His mom and dad and his girlfriend have to take him aside and quietly hand him a shaving kit

Despite your liberal thinking tons if people, including hot women love the beards. I'm muscle bound, shaved head with tattoos and have a short stubby beard. Wife loves it! ;)

Btw, jk with liberal jab ;)