Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Quote:just Because You Perceive Problems On The Horizon,and You Possess Solutions..doesn't Mean They Are Avoidable And Implementation Is Instant

GoGoColts

There is no 'Indy press'. Its widely known that the Colts are the only game in town, and you cant go around upsetting the franchise or else your media pass gets revoked. But thats for another thread.

As for changing scheme, imo the reason they won't/haven't is simply because they arent capable of coming up with there own scheme without it resulting in more than 62pts. These aren't innovative guys on our hands. They have there 'own' scheme, it stinks, and are now out of ideas and incapable of providing new ones.

So you are saying the guys covering the Colts for the Star are just "yes" men for Irsay and Polian and so are folks like JMV on 1070 the fan or the 3 local sports news teams are all just lap boys/girls for Irsay and Polian.

As for the coaching, Coyer does have a very impressive resume and has had success in the past and on a number of levels. I don't know the other coaches that well.

So you are saying the guys covering the Colts for the Star are just "yes" men for Irsay and Polian and so are folks like JMV on 1070 the fan or the 3 local sports news teams are all just lap boys/girls for Irsay and Polian.

To varying degrees yes. Some more so than other (ABC and CBS are downright awful imo). Stayzniack on 1070 is a blatatent yes man, JMV does a good job but he toes the line just like everyone else has to...Think about it, what would be in the IndyStar sport section if the Colts left town?

To varying degrees yes. Some more so than other (ABC and CBS are downright awful imo). Stayzniack on 1070 is a blatatent yes man, JMV does a good job but he toes the line just like everyone else has to...Think about it, what would be in the IndyStar sport section if the Colts left town?

So if the press got "pushy" with Caldwell and Polian the Colts would leave Indy?

No, they simply wouldn't interview with local media. Like they dont. Are you not from here?

Polian broke the Peyton news in NYC for heavens sake.

A pro sports team that avoids it's own local media....could you please list any city in the US where it's pro sports team avoids it and uses other cities? The sports teams MUST have the local press, without them they are nothign.

A pro sports team that avoids it's own local media....could you please list any city in the US where it's pro sports team avoids it and uses other cities? The sports teams MUST have the local press, without them they are nothign.

I'm assuming youre not from Indy then?

Nope from Indy and have been living back here since 97. Not sure why you think the team would leave if the press got pushy?

I didn't say leave. I said revoke. Since your from Indy you'd realize how big of a deal the JMV story break was. It was the first time locally we released a national story. This FO keeps our press under lock and key. This isn't NY or Philly, it's a SMALL market, with no other game in town. They dictate what is written.

I didn't say leave. I said revoke. Since your from Indy you'd realize how big of a deal the JMV story break was. It was the first time locally we released a national story. This FO keeps our press under lock and key. This isn't NY or Philly, it's a SMALL market, with no other game in town. They dictate what is written.

So they would ban any local press who they felt were being unfair or pushing to hard for stories? Just wondering what did the local press cover pre 1983?

Dude U say the sane stuff every thread we know howvu feel so drop it. Your getting annoying. Playoff appearances don't equal super bowl trophys if your team can't perform or stat healthy for the whole season.

No but would you have rather lost the last 9 seasons like we are now

So you think in 1 week a NFL team can switch from playing the style of defense they have been playing at least for the last 7-8 years, and drafted players to play in that system to a 4-3 scheme and do better? I don't have any kind of knowledge on what it takes to make that change, but gotta think it takes a little more then a week to do that and you need to have players who can play that style.

No it will take longer,but wade phillips has implemented a 3-4 {with really no off -season}and has houston much improved.Just goes to show what a good d-coordinator can do.

No it will take longer,but wade phillips has implemented a 3-4 {with really no off -season}and has houston much improved.Just goes to show what a good d-coordinator can do.

Not really that simple. First off they spent something like their first 3 or picks on the defense. They had some quality players already in Williams, Ryans, & Cushing and they had a ton of money to burn in free agency so they were able to add Joseph & Manning. All of those factors were not in the Colts favor. I think Coyer has proven to not be the answer but he has also been asked to make chicken salad out of chicken crap.

His recent tweets are so lame. 9 straight years of playoffs are great and all Jim but 1 ring to show for it and s defense that has been getting worse. Polian should recognize this but we draft Donald brown gonzo and other offensive players that aren't performing. We need change and if he doesn't realize it now he never will.

I agree but expect it coming from a liberal. He has no clue. They have done a poor job with the GOAL qb. Feel sorry for Mannining and we the fans that have been screeming about these problems for a long time while watching them do the wrong thing year and year out.