Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts: The best reality show on TV

oldunclemark

Lets me get this straight.. :shifty:

we beat Seattle SF, Denver and KC...all 10-win teams headed for the playoffs..

One is probably the eventual world champ..

...and we've lost to low-life backwater hobos like St. Louis, San Diego, Arizona

and (uggh) Miami (werent they impressive at Buffalo?) :rollseyes:

I cannot figure us out :scratch: and nobody on TV has any idea what we'll do any week... :dunno:

Unbelievable.....but ...I sure would be scared to face Indy in the post-season... :hide:

I think you're right OldUncle, this team is schizophrenic as any Colts team I have witnessed in the last 30 years.  They've proven beyond a doubt that they can beat anyone in the NFL, as well as lose to anyone in the NFL.  The true Jekyll and Hyde team......

Congrats to them for the very solid play today!

Lets me get this straight.. :shifty:

we beat Seattle SF, Denver and KC...all 10-win teams headed for the playoffs..

One is probably the eventual world champ..

...and we've lost to low-life backwater hobos like St. Louis, San Diego, Arizona

and (uggh) Miami (werent they impressive at Buffalo?) :rollseyes:

I cannot figure us out :scratch: and nobody on TV has any idea what we'll do any week... :dunno:

Unbelievable.....but ...I sure would be scared to face Indy in the post-season... :hide:

The Rams are good. They just blew out the Saints last week. They also should have beaten Seattle on MNF earlier in the season.

The Chargers beat the Broncos at Denver on a short week and are still alive for a WC birth.

The Dolphins beat the Patriots last week and are still alive for a WC birth.

The Cardinals are going to finish no worse than 10-6 this year despite playing in the most difficult division in football. They just beat the Seahawks in Seattle despite throwing 4 INTS. 

What this topic does show is how difficult the Colts schedule has been despite playing in an easy division. 

Look at this track record

Broncos 12-3 (WIN)

Seahawks 12-3 (WIN)

Chiefs 11-4 (WIN)

49ers 10-4 (WIN)

Chargers 8-7 (LOSS)

Dolphins 8-7 (LOSS)

Bengals 10-5 (LOSS)

Cardinals 10-5 (LOSS)

We are 4-4 against the very best the NFL has to offer. Not many teams would go through that list and come out this well. Half of our schedule was made up of teams that currently have winning records. This was probably the toughest out of division schedule in the NFL this year. Yet we are still likely to finish 11-5. This is a good sign for the future.

For some reason, I know I'm gonna secretly end up cheering for the bengals next week to take the 3 seed so we get the 4. There's something about playing this chiefs team that can't beat anyone over .500, that makes me wan't to play them in the playoffs at home.

Looking at our schedule and then looking at theirs, you really see the incredible inequality with regard to each teams seasonal accomplishments. The Chiefs are 11-4 and don't have one signature win for the entire year! This is why you often times have to do more than just look at records to determine who the best teams really are. 

That may be the best comment....t-rex

The same folks who were praising the Chiefs are now admitting what you just said.

I;m wqorrie that this game saiod more about KC than it diod about the Colts.

But the point is: the Colts are crazy. They beat superior teams and lose to inferior ones

That may be the best comment....t-rex

The same folks who were praising the Chiefs are now admitting what you just said.

I;m wqorrie that this game saiod more about KC than it diod about the Colts.

But the point is: the Colts are crazy. They beat superior teams and lose to inferior ones

The Colts have a really high ceiling. And that's what you want. This is a good sign.

We are young and flippy. It all bodes well for the playoffs though since we show up better vs. the better squads.

However, we have to see how we respond next weekend too vs. the lowly Jaguars......

I think we will start off with a punch to the mouth. Draw some blood then kickem in the groin. Then step on their throat when we walk off the field. That's what they will do to the Jaguars........me hopes :goodluck:

Looking at our schedule and then looking at theirs, you really see the incredible inequality with regard to each teams seasonal accomplishments. The Chiefs are 11-4 and don't have one signature win for the entire year! This is why you often times have to do more than just look at records to determine who the best teams really are. 

And people ridiculed me for saying KC would have a 13-3 season.  looks like i wasnt far off.  It was all cause of their schedule.

I get what your thread title meant Unc. I wouldn't even consider it inconsistency had the losses been by 7 or less... really points aside it's just the play. The other teams' strength of schedule comes into play along with their records, as well as injuries and the atmosphere... etc. We're unpredictable that's for sure -- even diehard fans that read every article, each stat, and brand of toilet bowl cleaner ( joke fellas) can't really get a definite feel for how we're gonna play. It seems that we're getting over the Reggie-shock a bit and the "D" is playing together right now so hopefully consistency will follow! We'll find out Sunday when playing apparently the ( Rock-Solid ) - another joke - Jags.

Inferior and superior are terms that fans try to attach to an NFL team as a description. What is lost in that labeling is the fact that it changes every week.

They are only inferior teams in a fans mind. Matchups change inferiority/superiority every game, sometimes even in a half of game because of coaching changes.

Losing to the teams we lost to does not drive me crazy, the idea of saying we lost to inferior teams drives me freaking nuts.