Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens/Lions MNF game thread

Jules

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trolls, Mr. Bond? Really? Have you seen your own posts in this thread? Baiting AMF and then calling her a troll is a little disingenuous. ;)

And also, I assume you still caught the tongue-in-cheek nature of my post and are responding in kind. Brady was very much a game manager in the SB against the Rams but still engineered one of the greatest scoring drives in SB history. He had a monster game in the 2nd SB against Carolina (and had to, because the Pats' defense totally broke down in the second half). And against Philly, he was very efficient in a game that was probably the Patriots' most "complete" effort in terms of offense/defense.

I love the Mr Bond references. You need to recruit a new Patriots poster called Mr Blowfeld. That way Bond and Blowfeld can plot and plan for either Brady or Manning NFL world domination.

Trolls, Mr. Bond? Really? Have you seen your own posts in this thread? Baiting AMF and then calling her a troll is a little disingenuous.   ;)

Baiting?. You guys a have a funny way of saying things. I asked AMF a question based on her posts. Isnt AMF the one who thinks Tom Brady is everything and says Pats O is not good?. Last time i checked, Brady is part of Pats O.

As much as garbage it is, i like how you stand up for your own.

Probably more the injury. Talib is dealing with the hip too and he has lost his burst which is what I see with Rice.

They say Rice is still injured. Probably won't see the real Rice until next year, but the O line needs a big overhaul. If Talib has a nagging hip injury, it is tough one . The Ravens will have to make a decision with Pitta. I hope they keep him. He is a good guy.

The Pats got one last week against the Browns (horrible, horrible PI call)... good teams make the most of those chances, the way the Ravens did last night. I really don't want to see the Patriots play Baltimore in the postseason again! Had it not been for a fluky missed FG, the Ravens would be 2-0 at Gillette in the past two postseasons (or at least they would have went to OT two years ago). 

I actually am really disliking this trend in the NFL with PI and defensive holding calls. Heard last week on sportstalk radio in Boston that those types of calls are up something like 62% this season from five years ago, whereas other penalties are basically being called with the same frequency. It seems like every incomplete pass, you have to hold your breath for a few seconds to make sure there's no flag. Teams aren't allowed to play defense anymore.

Bigtime "bullet dodged" with Joe's knee last night too, huh? That looked ugly on replay. Glad he wasn't hurt, you never want to see that happen. He's a tough customer. 

Bingo! GoPats hit the nail on the head right there. Let the defense play ball please. When you hear that the most offense points were scored in the NFL this week, there's a reason for that. All defensive players are afraid to strike the head so they go low now & tragically great TE's like Gronk are knocked out for the year.

Come on man! The NFL Competition Committee needs to change this penalty, flag throwing obsession & let the defense play for crying out loud. It's really beginning to irritate me now. Do you know how many flags the 85 Bears would get right now? LOL! SW1 is not happy at all. I wanna see great defense in the Playoffs not nonstop "roughing the passer" nonsense. 

Preach Brother, Preach!  :worthy: Bad PI calls, Bad roughing the passer calls...How in the world are defensive players supposed to earn their paychecks now? I have no idea. Some fans like a stingy, old school defense. Let em play ref. Let em play...

Bingo! GoPats hit the nail on the head right there. Let the defense play ball please. When you hear that the most offense points were scored in the NFL this week, there's a reason for that. All defensive players are afraid to strike the head so they go low now & tragically great TE's like Gronk are knocked out for the year.

Come on man! The NFL Competition Committee needs to change this penalty, flag throwing obsession & let the defense play for crying out loud. It's really beginning to irritate me now. Do you know how many flags the 85 Bears would get right now? LOL! SW1 is not happy at all. I wanna see great defense in the Playoffs not nonstop "roughing the passer" nonsense.

Its going the opposite way I hope you know. They are considering making knee tackles illegal as a response to all the torn ACLs.

Baiting?. You guys a have a funny way of saying things. I asked AMF a question based on her posts. Isnt AMF the one who thinks Tom Brady is everything and says Pats O is not good?. Last time i checked, Brady is part of Pats O.

As much as garbage it is, i like how you stand up for your own.

AM can handle herself, she doesn't need me to stick up for her.  ;)

I don't always see eye-to-eye with her or other Pats fans, but I've said it before - and will always maintain - that Brady is far and away the #1 reason the Patriots have been the Patriots since 2001. Yes he's had good coaching and yes he's had, at times, solid support, be it on offense or defense. But Brady is the constant. Belichick too, and you can't discount coaching, but Belichick hasn't taken a single snap during the 13-year run they're on. 

It's not just about Super Bowls. It's about 17 playoff wins and having a higher overall winning percentage than any QB who's played the game since the merger.

It's not always pretty. The stats aren't always there. He's not infallible or immune to mistakes or criticism. And sometimes, like last weekend, he comes up short, just like every other player sometimes does, in all sports. 

But make no mistake. Without Tom Brady, the Patriots would not be the Patriots...   :thmup:

AM can handle herself, she doesn't need me to stick up for her. ;)

I don't always see eye-to-eye with her or other Pats fans, but I've said it before - and will always maintain - that Brady is far and away the #1 reason the Patriots have been the Patriots since 2001. Yes he's had good coaching and yes he's had, at times, solid support, be it on offense or defense. But Brady is the constant. Belichick too, and you can't discount coaching, but Belichick hasn't taken a single snap during the 13-year run they're on.

It's not just about Super Bowls. It's about 17 playoff wins and having a higher overall winning percentage than any QB who's played the game since the merger.

It's not always pretty. The stats aren't always there. He's not infallible or immune to mistakes or criticism. And sometimes, like last weekend, he comes up short, just like every other player sometimes does, in all sports.

But make no mistake. Without Tom Brady, the Patriots would not be the Patriots... :thmup:

Stop with your reason and logic, You're ruining it for him!

Next week will be hard for me. I need a Ravens win if the Colts win, but Im engaged to a Bostonian. Football season is not always fun and games.

AM can handle herself, she doesn't need me to stick up for her.  ;)

But make no mistake. Without Tom Brady, the Patriots would not be the Patriots...   :thmup:

To me, its Belichick :)

Brady plays one position. Belichick has a say in everything in that organization.

Trust me, Tom Brady is incredible, no doubt about that but i will take Belichick over him any day. He will build an organization and have Trent Dilfer win championship.

To me, its Belichick :)

Brady plays one position. Belichick has a say in everything in that organization.

Trust me, Tom Brady is incredible, no doubt about that but i will take Belichick over him any day. He will build an organization and have Trent Dilfer win championship.

If Belichick coaches longer than Brady plays, I guess we'll find out what happens. Coaching is easily more important in football than it is in any other sport, I agree with you there. But no matter what Belichick does, it's Brady who has to execute the plays. The Patriots were 5-11 in 2000 with Bledsoe (basically the same roster) and 0-2 before #12 took over. And they've been winning since. That's really all I need to know.  :thmup:

What a thread hijack huh? LOL...

Next week will be hard for me. I need a Ravens win if the Colts win, but Im engaged to a Bostonian. Football season is not always fun and games.

You might as well just surrender to her now :goodluck:

Ouch SkyBane that sounds brutal like you are between a rock & a hard place there. It would be like if I married a diehard Cowboys fan. Oh the horror! [sW1 detests the Dallas Cowboys with every fiber in my body.] Good luck SkyBane...Hang in there okay...

You might as well just surrender to her now :goodluck:

LOL JJ! I gotta give you some serious bonus to ya on that one for your priceless comedic timing.  :lol: Just when you think that NE has hit a snag, they bring their A game & come on like gang busters. I can't deny that fact anymore. Nothing stops these guys. NE is like the Terminator..."I'll be back" & they almost always are too.

I can't explain it, I can't fight it anymore, all I can do now is yield to it...A testament to the brilliance of Brady & Belichick...So it shall be written; so it shall be done...Unless they face Eli Manning in the SB...Brady's only weakness. Obviously, not a problem this year. LOL! 

Its going the opposite way I hope you know. They are considering making knee tackles illegal as a response to all the torn ACLs.

Yeah, you're right. I keep waiting for a Scottish bagpipes funeral over the complete death of NFL defenses. R.I.P. defensive coordinators across the league it feels like your job description duties are now on life support about to flatline for good. It still ticks me off how all RBs cried a holy river over the possibility of being flagged for leading with their helmets. Offensive players are such darn cry babies. Grow up! I hate the wussification of football. It troubles me deeply & it's getting worse season by season. Sigh...

Yeah, you're right. I keep waiting for a Scottish bagpipes funeral over the complete death of NFL defenses. R.I.P. defensive coordinators across the league it feels like your job description duties are now on life support about to flatline for good. It still ticks me off how all RBs cried a holy river over the possibility of being flagged for leading with their helmets. Offensive players are such darn cry babies. Grow up! I hate the wussification of football. It troubles me deeply & it's getting worse season by season. Sigh...

And now the punter is a defenseless player. What would have happened to the Steelers player if the bengals punter had made the tackle and prevented the touchdown run ? You could argue a helmet to helmet hit, but if you're out there trying to make a tackle, you're not defenseless. Agreed, they are killing this league.

And now the punter is a defenseless player. What would have happened to the Steelers player if the bengals punter had made the tackle and prevented the touchdown run ? You could argue a helmet to helmet hit, but if you're out there trying to make a tackle, you're not defenseless. Agreed, they are killing this league.

No kidding. How is the punter defenseless for the entire time he is on the field? It is not like he is not allowed to tackle.