Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Occupy 56Th Street

bavanlan

Bob Sanders, Kelvin Hayden, Clint Session, Charlie Johnson, Marlin Jackson, Raheem Brock, Kyle DeVan, etc. Those are all players that were with us then that aren't with us now.

However, we still weren't that great of a team then, either. Peyton Manning really does cover up all of our problems. And I'm going to probably get a lot of heat for saying this, but if we had Manning this year, we would NOT have lost 62-7 yesterday. Losing 62-7 is not a matter of how good our players or coaches are (obviously to a degree it is, but I'm making a point). It is a matter of our will to win; how bad we want to win; the heart we have. It's a testament to whether or not our team has given up on the season yet. And up until last night they hadn't. But they have. And had we had Manning, we would've been 5-1 or 6-0 going into that game and our team would've had much more energy. We probably still would've lost, but it would've been a score closer to 35-31 instead of 62-7.

Hayden, Sanders and Jackson were injured in our SB year. We still had Lacey and Powers starting which are our current starting corners. They both started more games than Hayden. Jackson didn't start any. Sanders started 2 games. DeVan started only 9 games. Johnson was the one I forgot I knew I was forgetting someone.

Look at the starters from that season.

I was with you until you put Patriots and defense in the same sentence. Their defense has been terrible for the last 2 or 3 years.

The Patriots defense has been excellent for nearly a decade and it's nullified because of the past 2 or 3 years?

They were top 8 in ppg allowed in 2010 and ranked #11 in 2009 thats not 'terrible'. This is the first year where they are clearly not a good defense.

Edited by ssarow

Hayden, Sanders and Jackson were injured in our SB year. We still had Lacey and Powers starting which are our current starting corners. They both started more games than Hayden. Jackson didn't start any. Sanders started 2 games. DeVan started only 9 games. Johnson was the one I forgot I knew I was forgetting someone.

You had better look at the starters from our Super Bowl win. Sanders returned and our defense went from being run all over to absolutely shutting down everyone's running game. Jackson intercepted Brady to close out the AFC Championship game. Hayden had the pick 6 that iced the Super Bowl for us. Get your facts straight. Those are all gone from the team now. In addition, Rhodes was the real mvp of the Super Bowl and he is gone. Lilja is gone. Jake Scott was still with us that year.

You had better look at the starters from our Super Bowl win. Sanders returned and our defense went from being run all over to absolutely shutting down everyone's running game. Jackson intercepted Brady to close out the AFC Championship game. Hayden had the pick 6 that iced the Super Bowl for us. Get your facts straight. Those are all gone from the team now. In addition, Rhodes was the real mvp of the Super Bowl and he is gone. Lilja is gone. Jake Scott was still with us that year.

:facepalm:

Wrong SB year.....

Im comparing out 2009 team to our 2011 team not the '06 team.

The '10 team was riddled with so many injuries it would be completely unfair.

the '09 and '11 team had every starter in the skill position outside of Manning.

We had a few different players on the OL and we didn't have Keiaho. The funny thing is we are actually running the ball better and pass blocking quite well this year. Even in the horrid loss last night Painter was only sacked once, and hasn't been sacked all that much considering he doesn't have the awareness of Manning.

Edited by ssarow

Super Bowls are very hard to win, much less even get to. There are 31 other teams fighting for the same prize every year. I am proud of what the Colts have achieved the last decade. I will take 2 super bowl appearances and 1 victory over a ten year span any decade. Every team except for the Pats, Steelers, and now maybe the Packers would gladly trade places with us. Last night was probably the most embarrassing game Colts fans have had to witness. However, it was only ONE game. The Colts were competitive in almost all of their other games. I know, I know coming close still means losing, but give the players and coaches a chance to redeem themselves the next game, and if they continue to play dead and get blown out, then I think "protests" may be justified. But cmon, the colts are not even the only winless team this year (Rams, Dolphins).

Im comparing out 2009 team to our 2011 team not the '06 team.

The '10 team was riddled with so many injuries it would be completely unfair.

the '09 and '11 team had every starter in the skill position outside of Manning.

We had a few different players on the OL and we didn't have Keiaho. The funny thing is we are actually running the ball better and pass blocking quite well this year. Even in the horrid loss last night Painter was only sacked once, and hasn't been sacked all that much considering he doesn't have the awareness of Manning.

That 09 team was not as talented as the one winning the SB in 06. The 09 season benefited from playing NFC west and a division with losing record, and a free-falling Broncos rather than the Chargers, as well as a schedule favoring us.

Even considering this the team we have now is less talented than the 09 team as we have added almost nobody and the skill players have aged.

Super Bowls are very hard to win, much less even get to. There are 31 other teams fighting for the same prize every year. I am proud of what the Colts have achieved the last decade. I will take 2 super bowl appearances and 1 victory over a ten year span any decade. Every team except for the Pats, Steelers, and now maybe the Packers would gladly trade places with us. Last night was probably the most embarrassing game Colts fans have had to witness. However, it was only ONE game. The Colts were competitive in almost all of their other games. I know, I know coming close still means losing, but give the players and coaches a chance to redeem themselves the next game, and if they continue to play dead and get blown out, then I think "protests" may be justified. But cmon, the colts are not even the only winless team this year (Rams, Dolphins).

you know, it is really a sad day when you have to compare us to the Rams and Dolphins just to make a feel good point. :yuk:

The Patriots defense has been excellent for nearly a decade and it's nullified because of the past 2 or 3 years?

They were top 8 in ppg allowed in 2010 and ranked #11 in 2009 thats not 'terrible'. This is the first year where they are clearly not a good defense.

The Pats have not been that good on defense for the past 3 years. The rankings are all fine and good, but they do not tell the whole story. The Chargers were ranked 1st on offense and defense last year and what did it get them, they did not even make the playoffs. If you watched the Pats play the past several years you can see that overall their secondary and linebackers have not been good.

What difference does it make if they are competitive for a while with a bunch of bad teams? They are 0-7 and getting worse by the week.

And as far as the Dolphins and Rams are concerned, the Dolphins have outplayed several opponents only to lose in some crazy ways. Meanwhile the Colts are the only team in the league to be outgained in every ball game and are now averaging fewer than 15 first downs a game. The Colts really haven't been competitive in any game because this just wears out the defense and they collapse in the 2nd & 4th quarters. And lets not forget the way the Rams blew the Colts out of the stadium in the preseason. This football team is a complete mess right now.

Edited by Blue Horseshoe

I think we should take it one step at a time...for now I say we stick with "We want new coaches" signs and we can picket for or against Luck closer to draft time when we find out if we even have the #1 pick. :)

Your goals are way too well formulated. In order to have a successful Occupy <Insert Institution Here> movement, your answer to the question, "What do you want?" has to be...

"We want....ummmmmmmmmmmm......uh.....something..........something that we don't..........have right now. Yeah, something that we're missing now but should have."

Nobody is going to take you seriously if you actually know what you want.

Your goals are way too well formulated. In order to have a successful Occupy <Insert Institution Here> movement, your answer to the question, "What do you want?" has to be...

"We want....ummmmmmmmmmmm......uh.....something..........something that we don't..........have right now. Yeah, something that we're missing now but should have."

Nobody is going to take you seriously if you actually know what you want.

LOL...touche :)