Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Occupy 56Th Street

bavanlan

I'm bringing a "We want Luck" sign.

I think we should take it one step at a time...for now I say we stick with "We want new coaches" signs and we can picket for or against Luck closer to draft time when we find out if we even have the #1 pick. :)

No last night showed that we have completely inept coaching staff that can get this team ready to play.

I will be there with my Fire Everyone shirt, Bav!

We could have had Vince Lambardi as our coach, we don't have the talent and our present defensive scheme doesn't have the players able to do it and we were going against a offense that scores big time. Again...people are over reacting...

We could have had Vince Lambardi as our coach, we don't have the talent and our present defensive scheme doesn't have the players able to do it and we were going against a offense that scores big time. Again...people are over reacting...

Then that speaks volumes about the Polian's doing their job. Either way people have completely failed to do their job on this team and it culminated in the most embarrassing loss in Colts history.

Then that speaks volumes about the Polian's doing their job. Either way people have completely failed to do their job on this team and it culminated in the most embarrassing loss in Colts history.

A loss is a loss. Heck I would have loss the way we did last over how Miami lost yesterday. As for the Polian's failing to do their job, then I guess the past 10-11 years mean nothing?

A loss is a loss. Heck I would have loss the way we did last over how Miami lost yesterday. As for the Polian's failing to do their job, then I guess the past 10-11 years mean nothing?

I think your the one In denial bro.

I think your the one In denial bro.

Exactly how am I in denial? I sad from teh start even with a healthy Peyton this wasn't a very good team, maybe 8-8 or 9-7 at best but everyone was going on how strong this team was and AFC champ material. Change is hard and especially when you have lost your QB, have very questionable talent in the back end of your D and a old worn out Defensive scheme. I see what we are and am willing to allow Polian to do what he has done and rebuild this franchise again.

How many weeks in a row now have you been coming here spewing this same nonsense? By the way, if you claim that Lombardi couldn't win with this team, then that should tell you that the man you defend endlessly(Polian) is not doing his job either. Give it a rest bro and quit telling people their over reacting every single week.

10-11 years got us 1 super bowl win, 1 super bowl loss, a losing playoff record, and now possibly a winless season

The 10-12-14 win seasons are nice but only if you want to talk stats. As a team, as a fan I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we want super bowls. We don't care about winning 12 games and losing in the playoffs.

The Steelers, Patriots, and now even the Packers are prime examples of how to build a team. How to build a defense.

Edited by ssarow

Exactly how am I in denial? I sad from teh start even with a healthy Peyton this wasn't a very good team, maybe 8-8 or 9-7 at best but everyone was going on how strong this team was and AFC champ material. Change is hard and especially when you have lost your QB, have very questionable talent in the back end of your D and a old worn out Defensive scheme. I see what we are and am willing to allow Polian to do what he has done and rebuild this franchise again.

minus 1 offensive lineman (Lilja) and 1 linebacker (Keiaho) this is basically the same roster than went to the SB in 09 when the season started this year. How is this not a good team if they went to the SB with basically this roster?

Having Manning in there is the difference between day/light.

What a person has done in the past does not exclude them from criticism today. If Reggie tore his ACL and was playing at the level of some 5th string WR you would not keep him and go well he was great in the past. You would move on and find someone else. I am not saying we should fire the Polian's, but to act like they do not have direct hand in the mess that has been made is just denial.

Of course the the past 10-11 years have meant something to me, but that does not change the fact the front office has lived up to their standards the past few years and deserve criticism for that.

minus 1 offensive lineman (Lilja) and 1 linebacker (Keiaho) this is basically the same roster than went to the SB in 09 when the season started this year. How is this not a good team if they went to the SB with basically this roster?

Having Manning in there is the difference between day/light.

Bob Sanders, Kelvin Hayden, Clint Session, Charlie Johnson, Marlin Jackson, Raheem Brock, Kyle DeVan, etc. Those are all players that were with us then that aren't with us now.

However, we still weren't that great of a team then, either. Peyton Manning really does cover up all of our problems. And I'm going to probably get a lot of heat for saying this, but if we had Manning this year, we would NOT have lost 62-7 yesterday. Losing 62-7 is not a matter of how good our players or coaches are (obviously to a degree it is, but I'm making a point). It is a matter of our will to win; how bad we want to win; the heart we have. It's a testament to whether or not our team has given up on the season yet. And up until last night they hadn't. But they have. And had we had Manning, we would've been 5-1 or 6-0 going into that game and our team would've had much more energy. We probably still would've lost, but it would've been a score closer to 35-31 instead of 62-7.

What a person has done in the past does not exclude them from criticism today. If Reggie tore his ACL and was playing at the level of some 5th string WR you would not keep him and go well he was great in the past. You would move on and find someone else. I am not saying we should fire the Polian's, but to act like they do not have direct hand in the mess that has been made is just denial.

Of course the the past 10-11 years have meant something to me, but that does not change the fact the front office has lived up to their standards the past few years and deserve criticism for that.

"Past few years"? In the past few years we were in the SB and last year won the division and made the playoffs. Last time I checked very few teams in the NFL had anywhere near the regular season record over the past decade that the Colts did and the Colts had something like what 9 consecutive playoff years....not sure but how many other NFL teams have done that over the past decade?

"Past few years"? In the past few years we were in the SB and last year won the division and made the playoffs. Last time I checked very few teams in the NFL had anywhere near the regular season record over the past decade that the Colts did and the Colts had something like what 9 consecutive playoff years....not sure but how many other NFL teams have done that over the past decade?

Unfortunately, the reason for that record of success had neck surgery this spring and the whole house of cards came tumbling down.

Polian has had is day. Everyone declines at some point and has to be replaced. He has lost his touch and is out of touch with reality. It happens to the best of them. His past success has no bearing on future success. Some things don't get better with age and his ship has sailed.

10-11 years got us 1 super bowl win, 1 super bowl loss, a losing playoff record, and now possibly a winless season

The 10-12-14 win seasons are nice but only if you want to talk stats. As a team, as a fan I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we want super bowls. We don't care about winning 12 games and losing in the playoffs.

The Steelers, Patriots, and now even the Packers are prime examples of how to build a team. How to build a defense.

I was with you until you put Patriots and defense in the same sentence. Their defense has been terrible for the last 2 or 3 years.

I'll meet you half way. I'd be willing to give Polian a chance to rebuild, if and only if, he fires the current coaching staff...tomorrow if not today. No more promoting from within, I don't want to the see janitor being named the head coach. (the only exception being if Peyton became HC/OC/starting QB, but that goes without saying)

Edited by sfergson727

You keep saying one Super Bowl win and one loss is a failure. Bill Cowher coached the Steelers for 15 years and had one Super Bowl win and one loss. So he must have been a failure the other 13 years.

Why would we want him as our coach?

I'll meet you half way. I'd be willing to give Polian a chance to rebuild, if and only if, he fires the current coaching staff...tomorrow if not today. No more promoting from within, I don't want to the see janitor being named the head coach. (the only exception being if Peyton became HC/OC/starting QB, but that goes without saying)

An unreal expectation, it's not how Polian works and no matter if folks here want to admit it or not, Polian knows what he is doing, knows how to build a football franchise and isn't one to make knee jerk reactions.

Everyone just needs to take a big deep breath and relax. This is just one season, it does show some changes are needed but it is not the end of the world people.

Actually, it's not just one season. The SB loss to NO culminated a season representing another wasted opportunity.