Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bengals Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

I don't know. Down by two 2 TD's, what is the worst that could happen? The bengals score another TD? Well, guess what?

The coaches looked at the BEST possible outcome....

Which would include a quick 3 and out and/or a turnover or two. 

What you're talking about is akin to quitting, even though you think it's "brave" or "gutsy" to go for it in that situation. 

I agree the coaching is highly questionable, but not in respect to the punt. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a great idea!! Let's keep our stud, franchise QB in despite being down by 21 points with under 3 minutes left.

I'm starting to seriously question Chuck's validity as a HC. 

Can't believe it took you so long Ruk   :funny: Sorry just the way I have felt all year long. :)

I have a great idea!! Let's keep our stud, franchise QB in despite being down by 21 points with under 3 minutes left.

I'm starting to seriously question Chuck's validity as a HC. 

Chuck has no clue...he is a rookie HC learning on the job.

Watching the game...Pagano on the sidelines has that bewildered look of "what's happening?", "what do I do now?"

Not sure if we can afford to waste the next few years while he gets up to speed.

No doubt now that Bruce Arians was the reason for last year's success...as HC and OC.

Because we could've still won. It's only 14 points. 

Over 4 minutes (or was it 5 or 6) isn't the time to put it all on one play. 

It takes exactly 2 plays to surmount a 14 point deficit. 

So and what happened? We didn't go for it, Special Teams gave up a long return and the Bengals scored an easy TD. I have to disagree you have to go for it and take some pressure on the Bengals too. 

Luck has 4 TDs and will lose by 2 scores.

The defense costed them the game today.

Luck is 29/46 with 326 yards and 4 TDs against a phenomenal Cincinnati defense. Those are stud numbers. The fact its in a loss is a complete indictment on the defense.

Da'Rick Rogers has 6 catches for over 100 yards and 2 TDs as well. If hes not starting next week, Ima be mad.

Luck is 29/46 with 326 yards and 4 TDs against a phenomenal Cincinnati defense. Those are stud numbers. The fact its in a loss is a complete indictment on the defense.

Da'Rick Rogers has 6 catches for over 100 yards and 2 TDs as well. If hes not starting next week, Ima be mad.

None of those numbers came when the game was in question and were against a prevent defense. It was good to see the young receivers step up and make catches though.

I'm putting money on the fact that the coaching staff gets a pass because of the injuries.

Got to give them a shot at the full staff.

Personally, I feel the lack some imagination and knowledge of in-game adjustments, but they really do

deserv another shot since this is the first year of the O scheme and they were missing huge players

on the O-Line.

Im missing something, whk on the defese was lost that was an impact so large? I can somewhat understand logic with offense but I think you really have to look hard and long about how Pep has devised gameplans and adjusted from the college ranks. If this team wants to blame the loss of Reggie on how poor the offense has played since, the coaching should be shuffled because teams lose their best players and still win all the time. We just looklike such a bad bad team overall each week.

Im missing something, whk on the defese was lost that was an impact so large? I can somewhat understand logic with offense but I think you really have to look hard and long about how Pep has devised gameplans and adjusted from the college ranks. If this team wants to blame the loss of Reggie on how poor the offense has played since, the coaching should be shuffled because teams lose their best players and still win all the time. We just looklike such a bad bad team overall each week.

I agree with you on the defense, but the offense has taken a lot of hit in the injury department.  It was not just Reggie that they lost and the offense was doing fairly well before all of the injuries.  Reggie was just the final straw.

Pep wanted to have a power offense.  Can't do a power offense with a line that can't block.

Now Pep can easily say that the guys he picked to start and run that offese aren't here, and

the staff that my GM gave me can't get it done.

I agree with that, BUT, just as Caldwell didn't adjust to having a QB that couldn't run the offense the

way that Peyton did, Pep hasn't adjusted to the offensive line that he has been dealt due to injury.

I don't think it's enough to have him fired, especially since it's his first year in the Offense.

So and what happened? We didn't go for it, Special Teams gave up a long return and the Bengals scored an easy TD. I have to disagree you have to go for it and take some pressure on the Bengals too. 

I just reviewed the play. There was OVER 8 MINUTES LEFT in the game and we were only down by 14. You don't go for it on 4th and 6 on your own 25 in that situation. That's one of the most damn stupid things I've ever heard suggested here. 

Yes, the Bengals mounted a 5 minute scoring drive afterward. However, our coaches are guilty of a lot in this game, but being psychic isn't one of them. 

I just reviewed the play. There was OVER 8 MINUTES LEFT in the game and we were only down by 14. You don't go for it on 4th and 6 on your own 25 in that situation. That's one of the most damn stupid things I've ever heard suggested here. 

Yes, the Bengals mounted a 5 minute scoring drive afterward. However, our coaches are guilty of a lot in this game, but being psychic isn't one of them.

[/quoteYes, the Bengals mounted a 5 minute scoring drive afterward. However, our coaches are guilty of a lot in this game, but being psychic isn't one of them.

While that's true...punting from that field position all but guarantees the opponent will get at least a field goal. Look at where they ran punt back to in order to start that 5 minute drive. Didn't take a physic to see that one coming.

I don't think it is stupid it's not like our Defense was that great so you can rely on them. And just look how it turned out? We gave up an easy TD after an awful Special Teams play no way we could have done any worse by playing the 4th down. Sometimes you just have to risk something and beeing behind two scores with even 8 minutes left and a very inconsistent team on both sides of the ball I don't know when you would risk something? And by the way the Bengals drive that ended with Andy Dalton easily wallking into the end zone was a 3:15 minute drive after we gave up 43 yards by a Tate punt return, with a Defense struggling getting pressure on Dalton and that gave up 155 rushing yards. 

And so it goes. Already their loss total as last season, 11-5. Colts have to win their last three games to equal their 2012 record. Bengals beat our Colts 42-28. Something to look forward to next Sunday, hosting the 2-11 and from first to worst Houston Texans next Sunday in an AFC South battle at LOS, the stadium. Pull for the Broncos to beat the Titans for the tie for the AFC South divisional title, and GO COLTS!!!!!