Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning in Playoff Form Last Night

ViriLudant

I agree. But you know their defense is 28th in points allowed. They played a terrible second half. They will not win like that no matter the weather in the post-season.

Yeah, their pass rush seemed to vanish in the second half.....and Brady looked like Brady usually does vs Del Rio.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember exactly where (meaning, what yard line) that catch would have put the Broncos in OT, but going into the wind, they probably would have had to get to the 20 to kick it. And if it's the one I'm thinking of, Welker still would have been a yard or two shy. They probably would have gone for it on 4th down and maybe they would have gotten it. 

You can peg it on the receivers (part in bold), but one QB clearly outplayed the other last night, front-to-back. 

If receivers keep dropping the ball, any QB will look bad. Not only that Welker catch seals the game but DT let a ball go throw his hands a pass before that. I mean right through his hands and he was at 25 yd line. We cant blame this on Manning.

Look Pats played better as a team and Denver has bigger issues than Manning. Their receivers need to catch the ball in cold weather. If not, it will be tough to with.

If Welker had caught that pass Denver still would have been short for the 1st, although it would have put them in a favorable 4th down. Welker does come out of this game as kind of a goat.....two dropped passes late and his special teams flub.

Right but they would have taken the FG. The ball was at NE 32 yard line.

If receivers keep dropping the ball, any QB will look bad. Not only that Welker catch seals the game but DT let a ball go throw his hands a pass before that. I mean right through his hands and he was at 25 yd line. We cant blame this on Manning.

Look Pats played better as a team and Denver has bigger issues than Manning. Their receivers need to catch the ball in cold weather. If not, it will be tough to with.

How about that a BIG Welker drop late in the game? You know I couldn't resist. It was a lay up for me. ;)

It's a darn good thing Peyton was drafted by a dome team or there's a good change he wouldn't crack the Top 10 All-Time QB list.

Is he a Choker? YES HE IS WITHOUT A DOUBT! He two biggest games of the season are loses. The Homecoming and the Patriots. Same old Peyton. Heck his career defining game was the 2006 comeback (not the SB) and that wouldn't have happened had the game been played outside.

4-10 facing Brady's team? COME ON! Brady's lost as many SB's as Peyton's been played in. The argument is over. Brady's better and it's not even disputable.

I don't know, you could be right here, but I don't see it. Yes they had some dropped balls last night, but I've also seen Thomas and company make plays for the Broncos all season long. Manning's got probably the best WR corps in the NFL at his disposal, so even if they had an off night... no complaining. I'm pretty sure most QBs would be frothing at the mouth to have his targets. 

I think the low-velocity throws also have some of their guys hearing footsteps. It's human nature to lose focus a little if you think you're about to get drilled. 

Early in the year, when the Patriots' young receivers were getting their feet wet and dropping passes left and right, most people were asking, "What's wrong with Tom Brady?" LOL... it happens. The QB inevitably takes some of the blame. 

Right thats normal for Matt Prater. He was hitting 55 yarders in the practise into the wind.

No he wasn't. If you're talking about what Collinsworth said before OT, he was kicking it the other way, WITH the wind. 

Had Welker not dropped it, it would have given Denver a 4th-and-2 and they likely would have gone for the first down from there. Was that Denver's first OT possession? Can't remember, but if so, that also means a FG would not have won the game. 

It's a darn good thing Peyton was drafted by a dome team or there's a good change he wouldn't crack the Top 10 All-Time QB list.

Is he a Chocker? YES HE IS WITHOUT A DOUBT! He two biggest games of the season are loses. The Homecoming and the Patriots. Same old Peyton. Heck his career defining game was the 2006 comeback (not the SB) and that wouldn't have happened had the game been played outside.

4-10 facing Brady's team? COME ON! Brady's lost as many SB's as Peyton's been played in. The argument is over. Brady's better and it's not even disputable.

Peyton's 2 biggest games of the season are the 2 with division rival KC....

He's 1-0

I guess beating undefeated KC wasn't a 'big game'

It was but not on the same scale as beating the Pats in NE. KC had the easiest schedule in the league to go 9-0 and everyone knows Smith is not a guy that can light it up. And of course they already lost their second in row to the Chargers yesterday. That being said, perhaps the happiest fanbase besides NE this morning is KC as they have a chance at the #1 seed if they beat the Broncs at home. But honestly, I don't see it. I think Manning comes out roaring unless the weather is cold like NE than it will be a ball game but still one the Broncos win IMO.

No he wasn't. If you're talking about what Collinsworth said before OT, he was kicking it the other way, WITH the wind. 

Had Welker not dropped it, it would have given Denver a 4th-and-2 and they likely would have gone for the first down from there. Was that Denver's first OT possession? Can't remember, but if so, that also means a FG would not have won the game. 

Second possession, so FG wins the game.

After that, Pats got the ball, 3 and out, punted and Welker did his magic again.

It was but not on the same scale as beating the Pats in NE. KC had the easiest schedule in the league to go 9-0 and everyone knows Smith is not a guy that can light it up. And of course they already lost their second in row to the Chargers yesterday. That being said, perhaps the happiest fanbase besides NE this morning is KC as they have a chance at the #1 seed if they beat the Broncs at home. But honestly, I don't see it. I think Manning comes out roaring unless the weather is cold like NE than it will be a ball game but still one the Broncos win IMO.

I really think this loss will make Denver more stronger and resilient. I am sure they are * and they should be. It was playoff atmosphere last night except they still have a chance.

Time will tell.

Second possession, so FG wins the game.

After that, Pats got the ball, 3 and out, punted and Welker did his magic again.

OK, but... there's no way they were going to attempt a FG from the 32 then. Not into that wind. You miss that and you basically hand the Patriots the ball needing only 2 first downs to get into range WITH the wind. 

I really think this loss will make Denver more stronger and resilient. I am sure they are * and they should be. It was playoff atmosphere last night except they still have a chance.

Time will tell.

Yeah. I think it could go either way. It could also demoralize them as it was no secret that they had this game circled on their calendars back in June given the walloping the Pats laid on them last year. I think they have to question whether they will be good enough to win in cold weather against playoff caliber teams. I also think the win could ignite the Pats who are a young team that is showing unbelievable mental toughness this season.

so did Brady. Did you watch the game?

This is what Gramz said:

Gramz, on 25 Nov 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

After the game tying TD, which by the way was thrown into the wind, how Dare Peyton Not recover the Punt and thereby set up a game winning FG for the Pats."

She's implying that after Peyton tied the game, the Patriots then recovered the fumbled punt. That's not true at all.

Time will tell.

Two things we know for sure. Peyton's no Brady and the Bronco's aren't the 2007 Patriots.

OK, but... there's no way they were going to attempt a FG from the 32 then. Not into that wind. You miss that and you basically hand the Patriots the ball needing only 2 first downs to get into range WITH the wind. 

Well Del Rio said during the post game they were planning to but they could have gone for 4th and 2. There are a lot of ifs but everything starts with catching the ball first.

Prater was kicking 55 yarders in warm-ups. The Broncos would have been on the 30 IF Welker caught the ball. He didn't unfortunately.

New England had a monster 3rd quarter. They played great. No excuses. In a game certainly not like any match before it was entertaining, and hopefully they play in the AFCCG. Wish it didn't end the way it did. Good game.

I certainly don't blame Peyton for the loss. But let's face it: he was pedestrian at best last night.

The yards number can be misleading.

He didnt have to throw, Moreno was doing it. I remember Brady had 150 yards in one of the SB wins. Some games, you dont have to throw all the time.

I mean he drove them for 80 yards against the wind and against all the drops for a game tying drive.

I have a feeling, they will play again and results will be the same if the Denver wideouts keep dropping.

Well Del Rio said during the post game they were planning to but they could have gone for 4th and 2. There are a lot of ifs but everything starts with catching the ball first.

Then DelRio is a dope and it's not surprising that he's failed as a head coach. I know Prater has a big leg but if he misses from the 32 the Patriots get the ball at their own 39.