Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck destined for Manningitis

Rafiki

I could not disagree with this post more. This team has a lot of talent and yes a lot of it is injured at the moment, but Griggs has been our GM for two years and we are 17-10 and will be in the playoffs again this year. Our secondary is better now than any of the years Manning was here. We have to get better on the O-line and its depth so when injuries  occur its not the nuclear option, but then again there are a lot of lines worse than ours. Remember this team has played one of the hardest schedules in the league and probably the biggest win pct by opposition and is 7-4. This team beat Denver, Seattle, and San Francisco. The four losses have come to some pretty good teams. I think we need to pause a little. We need to run the ball better, but what I think is killing us is our special teams. Since the Denver game we have been awful. Reed puts us at the 12 yard line with regularity and Mac has not kicked a 50 yard punt and I cannot remember. Hidden yards makes the difference in play calling.

i feel like some of you wont be happy unless Luck wins the superbowl every year of his career, we are in his second year, 2 years into a full rebuilding mode, have a handful of starters on IR, and he most likely going to make the playoffs again, just calm down already

i feel like some of you wont be happy unless Luck wins the superbowl every year of his career, we are in his second year, 2 years into a full rebuilding mode, have a handful of starters on IR, and he most likely going to make the playoffs again, just calm down already

Thank you. 

Yes, this team has issues, but even with our issues, we'll win the division and have at least 10 wins.  Playing the 6th seed at LOS doesn't look so bad at this point.  There's a huge dropoff from 5 to 6. 

Luck, himself, is destined for greatness. The kid is smart, determined, and a terrific athlete.

The team however is definitely awful. The interior line is just putrid and Luck has gotten continuously killed everytime he tries to throw a pass.

Richardson hasn't been the RB we have hoped for, whether that falls on his shoulders, the interior line, or Pep Hamilton.

Wayne was a much bigger loss to our team than we might have realized. Along with all the other IR'd players, which makes Pep's job very hard to manage.

Also, I think the Toler loss was HUGE. Ever since the Broncos game when he left, we haven't stopped anyone.

Hopefully we can beat the rest of the division and hope to make a run in the playoffs, but I highly doubt it at this point. I almost smell a MONUMENTAL meltdown coming on...

Our owner imo has proven in his tweets that he is as much a fan as any of us here & we all expect results now, however unrealistic they maybe .

Probably true, but he needs to be an owner. If it is indeed a rebuilding team, he could take some pressure off his young quarterback , and relatively inexperienced head coach, by tempering expectations. Of course, you certainly want to win now, but by staying out of public feuds with other teams players , and avoiding bashing your coaching staff in social media, would help immensely. It won't happen though , because that is not who he is.

The new troll of this silly thread must have missed the headlines last year and this year.  Luck beat Manning in his biggest game since coming to the NFL.  Beat the Pack last year, Texans and Vikes when they were playoff  teams.  Beat the best in 2013 so yeah Lucks up for the big games.

Manning didn't put the Colts on his back and carry them into the playoffs HIS rookie year.

This troll has the funk of a Texans fan : )