Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-2) @ New England (11-24-13)

oldunclemark

..anything less than 3 is basically a tie game...

Prime time made-for-TV match of living legends........cold weather....30-35 degrees 15-20 MPH winds

Over-under is 51 and this might go under because of the weather.

I don't think Wes Welker will play for the Broncos and I dont know who the backup slot receiver is for the Broncos

...Talib might have been injured at the end of the Monday night game but Shady Tom Brady looked to be in too form

There's really no warm days in Boston in late November..

I think cold would slow Manning but high winds would bother Brady, his inexperienced WRs and the NE kicking game

I obviously don't it expect to be warm, the wind is more of a concern. 35 and zero wind is not that bad....35 and 20mph wind kinda sucks.

Denver's 'D' has been strong the last 3 weeks....but they haven't been facing Tom Brady

Even with the Chiefs, the WRs dropped some sitters.

To me, NE running game is the key. They got to make it one dimensional and have Tom throw it. Hopefully Bailey plays, he has a good record against NE.

I think Manning and the offense will probably put up something in the high 20s or in the low 30s.

How much will the Pats put up? That's on the defense. They'll need a good performance this game. 

Manning will easily score on NE defense. To your point, will Denver D  make enough stops.

........cold weather....30-35 degrees 15-20 MPH winds

Pppbbbbbllltttt... that's SHORTS WEATHER around here.  ;) 

The weather, if poor, will greatly favor NE. 

The Patriots are angry... Denver's going to get a game.  :thmup:

Oh good. I was hoping for cold temps. Should be even colder by halftime. Still, I think the Broncs may have their way with our beat up secondary. It will be a shootout I think.

Oh good. I was hoping for cold temps. Should be even colder by halftime. Still, I think the Broncs may have their way with our beat up secondary. It will be a shootout I think.

I'd rather see strong winds than any kind of precipitation or even cold. I think that will impact the Broncos' passing game a lot more than it will NE's. No matter what anyone tells me, when I see Manning play, it looks like his arm has lost a good deal of zip from pre-Denver days and that he's relying more on his timing and accuracy, which is probably unmatched. If he throws some of those fluttery ducks - the ones that, credit where it's due, find their targets most of the time in good conditions - with a 20 or 30 mph wind blowing, it will impact him bigtime. And if he's playing the entire game from the gun, I see a little disadvantage there in the run game for Denver, because the back is getting the ball before they're really moving forward. 

I'd rather see strong winds than any kind of precipitation or even cold. I think that will impact the Broncos' passing game a lot more than it will NE's. No matter what anyone tells me, when I see Manning play, it looks like his arm has lost a good deal of zip from pre-Denver days and that he's relying more on his timing and accuracy, which is probably unmatched. If he throws some of those fluttery ducks - the ones that, credit where it's due, find their targets most of the time in good conditions - with a 20 or 30 mph wind blowing, it will impact him bigtime. And if he's playing the entire game from the gun, I see a little disadvantage there in the run game for Denver, because the back is getting the ball before they're really moving forward. 

NE running game is the key. If Denver cant stop it, it will be a long day.

..anything less than 3 is basically a tie game...

Prime time made-for-TV match of living legends........cold weather....30-35 degrees 15-20 MPH winds

Over-under is 51 and this might go under because of the weather.

I don't think Wes Welker will play for the Broncos and I dont know who the backup slot receiver is for the Broncos

...Talib might have been injured at the end of the Monday night game but Shady Tom Brady looked to be in too form

Peyton, Welker , JT, Rahim Moore ( now IR can return for playofs ) Re Injuries & Peyton average 2,35 second per throw and as low as 2.15 ,- 1 quarter

I Have no power, am at hotel computer for short time, missed colts game and Pats , dont respond   that is quote  me as no idea when can get back on computer, slept 1 night in 45 degree hoime, not again, of course discuss as u feel on post

sorry if this all noted before, must get off shortly, ist time on site and others due to said power failure, plaaying catchup

1st ever Peyton game i know i missed

Peyton Manning out at Broncos practice; Michael Huff, John Boyett debut

Also missing from Wednesday's practice were tight ends Julius Thomas and Joel Dreessen and receiver Wes Welker. Thomas is day-to-day with a knee injury, and Welker is battling a neck injury and a concussion. Both players sustained their injuries during Sunday's victory over Kansas City.

Due to his concussion, Welker must be cleared both by the Broncos' physicians and an independent physician before returning to practice. There is no standard timetable for returning; every player is different.

Read more: Peyton Manning out at Broncos practice; Michael Huff, John Boyett debut - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24563450/peyton-manning-out-at-broncos-practice-michael-huff#ixzz2lDOwdEbN 

Broncos Injury Updates

Del Rio described Thomas as "day-to-day" with a knee sprain.

Welker suffered a concussion and that the team would follow the league's protocol.

"He was cleared to return and he had symptoms that flared up, or came up, and then he was pulled.

http://www.denverbro...3e-308acf658c97

This is what i heard on welker and other situations

I heard he was hit low slowing him and then a helmut to   head and neck snapped neck, no link sorry , was taken out for neck issues not concusiion then allowed back in and the concusiions symptoms showed up so taken back out

Whether plays depends on Protocol

Hochman: NFL concussion protocol failed Broncos' Wes Welker

Read more: Hochman: NFL concussion protocol failed Broncos' Wes Welker - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...d#ixzz2lDG5MI6x

also

Read more: Broncos Mailbag: Wes Welker taking a beating, where's the flag? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...g#ixzz2lDHtYIJr

JT day to day with knee issues  ,  

I did not see much of Julius Thomas after he took that awkward hit to his knee Sunday night. Do you have an update on his status?

---Dana Ohlson, Grand Junction

He suffered a strained knee on the play you refer. He did come back briefly. Jack Del Rio said Thomas was day-to-day.

http://www.denverpos...-welker-beating

and Rahim more on IR as had emergency surgery for compartment syndrome,  thats bl;ood cutting of supply to muscles , involved his thigh, Denver signed Michhael Huff

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24559703/broncos-put-rahim-moore-injured-reserve-designation-return

==================================================================

Peyton average 2,35 seacond , as low as 2.15 during 1 quarter in release to stop the sacks

He was not going to discuss his health, but it was plain to see. Peyton Manning's ankles had been heavily taped Sunday night, concealing what appeared to be a brace on the right one, and the game plan was one of an immobilized quarterback. That it worked against the NFL's top scoring defense -- the determination to keep running, the blink-and-you'd-miss-it release that kept the pass rush back in a 27-17 win over the Kansas City Chiefs -- didn't obscure the reality.

This is how the Denver Broncos probably will have to play for a while, maybe the rest of the season, until Manning has a chance to heal.

http://www.nfl.com/n...y-mettle-in-win

2.35 Seconds average game release , release times by quarter

http://www.milehighr...ng-2-35-seconds

Have a good day, 300,000 withpout power around detroit

just trying to stay warm here

Edited by Superman
removed formatting

The weather, if poor, will greatly favor NE

agreed  , & read what i wrote in comment above , # of topics included  ,comment  # 16,, must get off as explained in comment 16

BYE & good luck, no idea hen will be back , again read comment 16

I  detailed last week how peytons QB rating goes down alot  below 30-35 ( unfortunately for me, good for u , no time to look for link but was detailed article from Broncos Mile High Report )

ps  Sunday evening 

Mainly clear29° Lo 24°RealFeel® 14° / 9°

• Precipitation: 7%
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Humidity: 39%
  • Cloud Cover: 33%
  • Dew Point: 4° F
  • Visibility: 10 mi

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/foxborough-ma/02035/evening-weather-forecast/2089589?day=5

agreed  , & read what i wrote in comment above , # of topics included  ,comment  # 16,, must get off as explained in comment 16

BYE & good luck, no idea hen will be back , again read comment 16

I caught that, hope all is OK at the homestead! We lost power for about six days last year, it was pretty awful... makes you really appreciate the things in life we take for granted. Like light switches and hot water! 

Good luck buddy, hope you're able to go back home soon...

I  detailed last week how peytons QB rating goes down alot  below 30-35 ( unfortunately for me, good for u , no time to look for link but was detailed article from Broncos Mile High Report )

ps  Sunday evening 

Mainly clear29° Lo 24°RealFeel® 14° / 9°

• Precipitation: 7%
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Humidity: 39%
  • Cloud Cover: 33%
  • Dew Point: 4° F
  • Visibility: 10 mi

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/foxborough-ma/02035/evening-weather-forecast/2089589?day=5

It's been a weird week here. Monday topped out at like 60+ degrees, very warm and comfortable for this time of year. Got a little chilly after that though, and now apparently we're getting some colder weather. 

I caught that, hope all is OK at the homestead! We lost power for about six days last year, it was pretty awful... makes you really appreciate the things in life we take for granted. Like light switches and hot water! 

Good luck buddy, hope you're able to go back home soon...

last note, am allowed 1 more time, all hotels filled , massive disaster here

Line up of peolpe for the 1 computer 

for me this is 6th time in 2 months for muti days

besides the infrastructure  failure a tractor trailer jack knifed and took out 15 power poles with it cargo

we all are telling apartment manager to get the damnn generators and we will pay more rent, he says no so far but can I  get for self but if something goes wrong and burn out the 4 apartments per building then I would be liable for all 4 outside strutures etc, so he must put it in, he is losing money as this complex just gets hit more than anywhere else & DTE cant determine why, get excuses like some trees roots are bugging a transformesr so high winds move the tree and hurt transformer etc etc etc and other crazy reasons and people moving out,  p, but thats easier said for others than handicapped me & complex getting bad rap

This also is the best complex of any apartment as far as size and amenities they give u for free & that helps with m,y disabilities

Bye now till whenever

last note, am allowed 1 more time, all hotels filled , massive disaster here

Line up of peolpe for the 1 computer 

for me this is 6th time in 2 months for muti days

besides the infrastructure  failure a tractor trailer jack knifed and took out 15 power poles with it cargo

we all are telling apartment manager to get the damnn generators and we will pay more rent, he says no so far but can I  get for self but if something goes wrong and burn out the 4 apartments per building then I would be liable for all 4 outside strutures etc, so he must put it in, he is losing money as this complex just gets hit more than anywhere else & DTE cant determine why, get excuses like some trees roots are bugging a transformesr so high winds move the tree and hurt transformer etc etc etc and other crazy reasons and people moving out,  p, but thats easier said for others than handicapped me & complex getting bad rap

This also is the best complex of any apartment as far as size and amenities they give u for free & that helps with m,y disabilities

Bye now till whenever

Wow, six times in two months? That stinks man, I hope the situation improves for you. I can only guess that outages are even more difficult to deal with for folks who are also dealing with disabilities. Good luck bud, will be thinking of you and hoping that it's all resolved soon!

It's been a weird week here. Monday topped out at like 60+ degrees, very warm and comfortable for this time of year. Got a little chilly after that though, and now apparently we're getting some colder weather. 

And last week we had snow on Monday. Strange  fall/start to winter. It has been very cold at night so I am not surprised by the forecast for Sunday night. The colder the better. ;-)

I have to agree....its easier to attack Peyton with extra rushers in bad weather where he cant be as accurate..

....the NE crowd will be fired up after what happened to them last Monday

...Denver has to be very aggressive her and put up points early because the longer the better it is for the Pats

I have to agree....its easier to attack Peyton with extra rushers in bad weather where he cant be as accurate..

....the NE crowd will be fired up after what happened to them last Monday

...Denver has to be very aggressive here and put up points early because the longer the game is even the better it is for the Pats...They badly need this one..

Denver badly needs to win at KC and sweep them

Too bad for the Broncos, they are going into Foxboro and about to play an angry Pats team that is already mad from losing in Charlotte, and this will be similar to last time.

Brady is 8-0 against Del Rio's defenses, time to make it 9-0.

New England wins big just like last season in a loop sided game.

Too bad for the Broncos, they are going into Foxboro and about to play an angry Pats team that is already mad from losing in Charlotte, and this will be similar to last time.

Not sure playing 'angry' gives you any competitive advantage whatsoever. I'm sure there is more to winning in the NFL than fielding 11 Incedible Hulks on every snap.

That said, NE have a head start, as they do have an Incedible Sulk at QB.

(You can officially 'boo' that last comment),

Gah, I don't know, it was outright brutal today (yesterday). I'm a guy that will wear shorts as long as humanly possible (I finally put the pants on for the first time this season at the beginning of this month). Every time I let the dogs out today, or brought in the trash barrels, or got the mail, it was brutal. Felt like a day in January for crying out loud. And it's lovely knowing that more days like these are around the corner...

So, spring begins March 20, right? (although it generally doesn't feel like spring until May around here :P)

Brady isn't 8-0 vs Denver

Maybe but 'zip is overrated..

Relying in timing and accuracy is the way to go on the road....

The truth about Indy was that they never conceded to the weather....they ran their same one back 3 WR formations.

Watch for Denver (without Wes Welker) to go to double tight end sets against NE..

The Broncos ran a lot on first down last week when KC used 5 and 6 DBs

Conditions aren't going to allow for 30 completed passes on either side Sunday night

The best bet is  the 'under'  (- 51)

I think this game comes down to who is healthier. Will Welker play? Jones? How about Talib? Dennard?  These are key players for both teams. But I think the bigger factor may be Manning. How will his ankle and knee hold up in cold weather? I have to believe Bill will not do what KC did and just sit back. The Pats secondary is not good enough. If the Pats can get to Manning early then they have a chance. Brady will also have to have a game like he did vs. Carolina for the Pats to put up points.

And last week we had snow on Monday. Strange  fall/start to winter. It has been very cold at night so I am not surprised by the forecast for Sunday night. The colder the better. ;-)

Yeah checked this morning, looks like a chilly one. Good.  ;)

Maybe but 'zip is overrated..

Relying in timing and accuracy is the way to go on the road....

The truth about Indy was that they never conceded to the weather....they ran their same one back 3 WR formations.

Watch for Denver (without Wes Welker) to go to double tight end sets against NE..

The Broncos ran a lot on first down last week when KC used 5 and 6 DBs

Conditions aren't going to allow for 30 completed passes on either side Sunday night

The best bet is  the 'under'  (- 51)

I agree about "zip" but in a steady wind it does matter a little more. I don't know if Manning can consistently drive his passes with those bad ankles. If there's a 20 mph crosswind some of those floaters are not going to be on target. 

I'm not sure that the weather is going to be a problem for the Patriots. I was at the 55-0 game three years ago when it was snowing like heck, cold, and windy. It's almost always been an advantage for NE, even in road games (there was another snowy, cold game in Chicago a couple years back where they handed the Bears their hats). 

And if I'm Belichick, I'll let the Broncos run the ball (or try to) all night long... that plays right into the game plan here I think. They're going to want to shorten the game and limit Denver's number of possessions. 

Gah, I don't know, it was outright brutal today (yesterday). I'm a guy that will wear shorts as long as humanly possible (I finally put the pants on for the first time this season at the beginning of this month). Every time I let the dogs out today, or brought in the trash barrels, or got the mail, it was brutal. Felt like a day in January for crying out loud. And it's lovely knowing that more days like these are around the corner...

So, spring begins March 20, right? (although it generally doesn't feel like spring until May around here :P)

No doubt man, it's definitely been unseasonably cold so far... not a fan of November in general. It's cold, dreary, and at least once the snow comes it offers a little more to do. 

I used to live in the White Mountains, where spring really doesn't arrive until late May and sometimes early June. So moving back to MA has been like flying south for the winter.  ;)

No doubt man, it's definitely been unseasonably cold so far... not a fan of November in general. It's cold, dreary, and at least once the snow comes it offers a little more to do. 

I used to live in the White Mountains, where spring really doesn't arrive until late May and sometimes early June. So moving back to MA has been like flying south for the winter.  ;)

I'm was riding the Harley till last weekend now I'm tucking her in for the winter and busting out the skis.

I'm was riding the Harley till last weekend now I'm tucking her in for the winter and busting out the skis.

Yup, that time of year... 

I have a four-year-old who'll be on skis for the first time this winter. She's still a little young for ice climbing though.  ;)