Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Won't Root For The Colts To Lose, But I Will Surely Root For Miami To Win!

GoGoColts

I want to win but want other bad teams to win also. Kind of a weird place to be as a fan, I want the Colts to win every game but reality gets in the way. So yeah if its a losing season I'd like to have the #1pick consolidation prize.

what happens if 2 teams both go 0-16 not that it will happen but who will get the first pick?

They cut Andrew luck down the middle and give one half to each team... that one half of Luck is probably better than Sanchez sooo...

what happens if 2 teams both go 0-16 not that it will happen but who will get the first pick?

The team with the lowest strength of schedule.

BTW, How bad would that suck? You go 0-16 but because you got your butt kicked by better teams, you don't even get to pick first.

Edited by Jaric

They cut Andrew luck down the middle and give one half to each team... that one half of Luck is probably better than Sanchez sooo...

Yeah half Luck is probly better then alot of QB's

The team with the most suicidal fans.

So Colts get to choose first, thats good.

The team with the lowest strength of schedule.

BTW, How bad would that suck? You go 0-16 but because you got your butt kicked by better teams, you don't even get to pick first.

Wouldn't it make more sense if it was the other way around?

Edited by Robin

The Dolphins really suck and they have the Jets, Bills and Pats in their division...then they have to play the NFC East. They have a very good chance of going 0-16.

The Colts should be able to win 2 (maybe 3) games this season.

The Dolphins really suck and they have the Jets, Bills and Pats in their division...then they have to play the NFC East. They have a very good chance of going 0-16.

Not to mention, the the know-nothing owner is calling the shots, undermining the coach, and forcing dumb personnel moves.

Yeah half Luck is probly better then alot of QB's

So Colts get to choose first, thats good.

Wouldn't it make more sense if it was the other way around?

No when u play a tougher sched means just like a playoff tiebreaker i belive u are the better team than a team with same record that played a weaker sched

later but see after for rules to make playoffs and obviously , or maybe not then team with lowest ranbking in the folowing regrads would h get it

, there is also the 4 or more common team rule , They lost to Cleveland & texans like us ( as we play texans twice the both games count % wise for us, see below ), , lost to pats & probably will again & both games would aaply to there % win loss record for tiebreaker, that we play, will play KC we lost to

found this to getr into playoffs so imagine both had tied record at 0 & 16 but were trying for playoffs and use these rules as it helps show order of team thats better

whomever would win if was playoff spot then I imaf gine other would getr the # 1 pick that is

http://www.cbssports...ers-explanation

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR DRAFT

If two or more clubs are tied in the selection order, the strength-of-schedule tie breaker is applied, subject to the following exceptions for playoff clubs:

1. The Super Bowl winner is last and the Super Bowl loser next-to-last.

2. Any non-Super Bowl playoff club involved in a tie shall be assigned priority within its segment below that of non-playoff clubs and in the order that the playoff clubs exited from the playoffs. Thus, within a tied segment a playoff club that loses in the Wild-Card game will have priority over a playoff club that loses in the Divisional playoff game, which in turn will have priority over a club that loses in the Conference Championship game.

I'd start here

If two tied clubs exited the playoffs in the same round, the tie is broken by strength of schedule.

If any ties cannot be broken by strength of schedule,

the divisional or conference tie breakers, whichever are applicable, are applied. Any ties that still exist are broken by a coin flip.

BUT MAYBE THIS MAKES MORE SENSE & I'D Go Here, but am confused

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule --- so yeah I am confused.

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in conference games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games.

11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule --- so yeah I am confused.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in conference games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES

1. Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild-Card tie breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to step one of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tie breaker, all other clubs revert to step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.

2. In comparing division and conference records or records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor since teams may have played an unequal number of games.

3. To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.

4. To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different divisions).

Edited by bayone

OP dont forgot about rooting for STL to win too . . . :banana:, I like this angle of looking at things . . .

are u also saying then we should root for Jags to beat us, just cant see doing that

Shaame is , with Peyton we'd be at least 5 & 1 and in command of division

Edited by bayone

are u also saying then we should root for Jags to beat us, just cant see doing that

Shaame is , with Peyton we'd be at least 5 & 1 and in command of division

no not really, was just responding to this thread, as it is one of lets cheer and have the other guys wins (Mia and STL and others near the bottom), so we can get the 1st overall, as opposed to another thread which i was involved in, that was saying "are we happy the colts are loosing" to get the 1st pick . . . if you change the angle of thinking a little bit from i hope we loose, to i hope the other guys wins (and therefore we can still win and get the 1st overall) it puts a positive spin on it . . . so was just saying i like it for the reason of looking at it from a positive spin stand point . . . that is all . . .

they still play the broncos and chiefs two very winnable games

no not really, was just responding to this thread, as it is one of lets cheer and have the other guys wins (Mia and STL and others near the bottom), so we can get the 1st overall, as opposed to another thread which i was involved in, that was saying "are we happy the colts are loosing" to get the 1st pick . . . if you change the angle of thinking a little bit from i hope we loose, to i hope the other guys wins (and therefore we can still win and get the 1st overall) it puts a positive spin on it . . . so was just saying i like it for the reason of looking at it from a positive spin stand point . . . that is all . . .

Totally undertand, Lets win but lets win any tiebreaker if needed for 1st pick too

are to many down beat threads , but all have right to express the way they feel, but do agree on your slant of the issue,. does make things somewhat better

Edited by bayone

There is a very good chance we are tied with someone at 1 win for the No.1 pick. If that is the case, we are very likely to have a better strength of schedule because Miami plays the AFC West only one of which will make the playoffs with 2 of them with winning records (Chargers, Raiders possibly) while we play the AFC North, out of which the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers could all have winning records.

Divisions will be a wash with the Jets and Bills while it is Texans and Titans for us. The reason I am not counting the Patriots is we play them too and their winning record will count just as much for us as it will for the Dolphins. So that will be a wash too.

The ultimate question is, why would a team winning the strength of schedule tie-breaker necessarily be deemed as the worst of 2 teams?

There is a very good chance we are tied with someone at 1 win for the No.1 pick. If that is the case, we are very likely to have a better strength of schedule because Miami plays the AFC West only one of which will make the playoffs with 2 of them with winning records (Chargers, Raiders possibly) while we play the AFC North, out of which the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers could all have winning records.

Divisions will be a wash with the Jets and Bills while it is Texans and Titans for us. The reason I am not counting the Patriots is we play them too and their winning record will count just as much for us as it will for the Dolphins. So that will be a wash too.

The ultimate question is, why would a team winning the strength of schedule tie-breaker necessarily be deemed as the worst of 2 teams?

I think the team with greater strength of shed would lose it, u have to take what gets a playoff birth and reverse it

I say AFC conferance will be 1st tiebreaker as think we have greater chance of wining Vs 2 jags left and t\hey are a mess, if not common games

Miami plays KC , & broncos and may win, also they play eagles and u never know who shows up there

I r think strengtg of victiory is also ahead od sched strength, & they losing worse than us so again woukld have tie breakewr to miami

we will have to wait & see, Still amazed they didnt take Orton when said they were going after vhim when Henne went down

Until i see how it is in print by some authority I am only guessing how tiebreaker goes

here is miami a sched http://www.miamidolp...n-schedule.html

Edited by bayone

Totally undertand, Lets win but lets win any tiebreaker if needed for 1st pick too

are to many down beat threads , but all have right to express the way they feel, but do agree on your slant of the issue,. does make things somewhat better

yah, actually GoDeep mentioned something like this in the other thread and i liked it and was going to go to that thread and mentioned GoDeep had a nice spin on it, then i saw this thread and figured i just post here . . .