Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Laron Landry (good to see him back on the field for Broncos Game)

Happy2BeHere

No question that Butler did a great job...our team overall was completely impressive for 3 quarters...but you knew no matter what that somehow Manning was going to make his run and he did just that! But we did just enough to win this game...biggest thing was the points off turnovers for me and the difference in this game (the fact that the defense created them is great but the fact our offense capitalized is what was most critical)

Butler, Landry and Vontae Davis were the players of the game on the defensive side of the ball. yes its hard not to include Mathis given his two sacks one FF on manning BUT Butler Davis and Landry had the toughest jobs out there. Butler was covering a slippery Welker, Davis kept Thomas at bay practically the whole game which was very huge, and Landry came up with a few big tackles to prevent first downs. those three there played lights out last night. I wont deny i wanted cyprien in the draft to play in Landry's spot, but right now i doubt he would have come up with those big plays like landry did and im glad we went with landry. this is one time im happy to say i was wrong in wanting cyprien lol. 

i watched the game but was wondering if anyone saw Landry make any plays.  I did not but I was drinking.  Can someone refresh me on at least a couple of plays that Landry made, again, sorry, I don't remember him making any.  I will watch the replay tomorrow of course on NFL Network at 3:30 or whatever time it was.

i watched the game but was wondering if anyone saw Landry make any plays.  I did not but I was drinking.  Can someone refresh me on at least a couple of plays that Landry made, again, sorry, I don't remember him making any.  I will watch the replay tomorrow of course on NFL Network at 3:30 or whatever time it was.

You'll notice him.  He made some stops where he just flys in from off camera out of the defensive backfield to make a tackle.  Collinsworth was jabbering about the blue blur all night.

You'll notice him.  He made some stops where he just flys in from off camera out of the defensive backfield to make a tackle.  Collinsworth was jabbering about the blue blur all night.

Ok, thanks, i also had no sound because at bar and I couldn't read Collinsworthless's lips (nor did I try...lol)

Given how well Howell played in Landry's absence, I was surprised just how much of an impact Landry made. It was a near Bob Sanders type impact. Now just stay healthy Laron!

Howell's first game was good but after that he was less than impressive and even downright bad at times. We really missed Landry and it showed by how big of an impact he made vs Broncos.

I'd also like to say that Jerrell Freeman is really starting to turn into a star. I felt this forum overrated him a bit last year, but now he is playing like an absolute stud out there and our defense looked downright bad vs the Chargers without him.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now