Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans and their demise...

IcEWoLF

The Texans won the division 2 years in a row?! Oh my God, quick someone call the press, that's never been done before. Oh wait, how many years in a row did the Colts OWN the division? Compare that too those two years.... yeah its a fluke.

Stick to the original topic before you get this thread closed. I don't want to trouble the mods because a few guys want to pick fights.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Texans won the division 2 years in a row?! Oh my God, quick someone call the press, that's never been done before. Oh wait, how many years in a row did the Colts OWN the division? Compare that too those two years.... yeah its a fluke.

It wasn't a fluke they were the best team in the division those two years.  It's not their fault everyone else in the division was horrible one year and last year they won the game in Houston over the Colts and that was the difference.  There were a couple of years in there for the Colts that the rest of the South was bad or the Colts won a key game over the Jags or Titans or Texans to win the division and no one is calling those flukes. 

You're right. But before his bad streak Schaub was a respectable QB. This meltdown was unexpected and has us backed into a corner, especially with his injury. If we grab a young guy in the Draft I still don't expect him to start because Kubiak likes experience. If that young guy wows in TC though then I won't be surprised if he is inserted into the line-up though. It's up to Schaub I think if he wants to keep his job. If he can get out of this rut then he'll be okay...and if he doesn't he signs his own bench card.

Well if you don't get it goin this season Gary may get canned

Well, I'd rather have "flukes" than tanks I suppose. Stick to the original topic before you get this thread closed. I don't want to trouble the mods because a few guys want to pick fights.

If you honestly think a bunch of players and coaches tanked a season and all lost their jobs as a result just to get Andrew Luck you have another thing coming.  I know it's fun to throw out the tanked line but it's crazy when you look at it.  If you don't want people to "pick on you" or "troll" at you these types of responses don't help. 

Yeah, maybe. But he's survived worse than this. Though high expectations and failure to live up to them may be his demise...he's in a difficult situation now with the Schaub injury. Most of the time HC's get excused when injuries are involved but Idk about this one. Oh well, the show has to go on. I hope it doesn't come to that though.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 14, 2013 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, October 14, 2013 - baiting

I can't believe QBoy is still able to post here....

The official DRAMA queen of his most hated rivals message board?    It's interesting.

One simply cannot argue with .....         irrational...  and ....    never mind.  ;)

Put dude on ignore or sit it out and wait for HOU to officially fold tent and then he "should" go away.

BUT...  I think Q.. Boy is a closet Colt fan.      And he is gravy training right now.   He does not care about the Texan's or he would obviously know that Kub's is horrible, the Team is a classic underachiever, and Scrubb ...        It's just not cool clowning Matt S anymore.

Whatever..   a glorious day in the world of the NFL today...

Regardless of a Colt W or Loss 2,morrow.  :td:

So if you are fighting fire with fire you are just as guilty as he is for things getting out of hand.  Like I said before two wrongs don't make a right.  If you think someone is taking a shot at your team just to take a shot report them and move on.  That's what the mods are for. 

It's pretty clear there are some real issues between Colts and Texans fans it would be nice if we talk about the Colts and Texans without having to have all the threads locked.  It would help if both sides didn't feel the need to "get" the other when someone says something that the other side doesn't agree with.  Just food for thought on both sides.

If you honestly think a bunch of players and coaches tanked a season and all lost their jobs as a result just to get Andrew Luck you have another thing coming.  I know it's fun to throw out the tanked line but it's crazy when you look at it.  If you don't want people to "pick on you" or "troll" at you these types of responses don't help. 

Yep, and I've since deleted the comment. Because I don't want this thread spiraling out of control. I have more respect for the good posters here than disdain for the bad ones so I'm going to try and change my posting style in order to reflect that. Don't expect me to be an angel though, because there isn't a single one of them on this site.

Yeah, maybe. But he's survived worse than this. Though high expectations and failure to live up to them may be his demise...he's in a difficult situation now with the Schaub injury. Most of the time HC's get excused when injuries are involved but Idk about this one. Oh well, the show has to go on. I hope it doesn't come to that though.

I mean a change of scenery could be good it has been for teams

Stick to the original topic before you get this thread closed. I don't want to trouble the mods because a few guys want to pick fights.

Granted. Normally I wouldn't be so aggressive but it burned me today and I lost a ton of respect for the fans of the Houston Texans. Very poor class shown when you cheer when a player is hurt.

This guy should have been "canned" 3 years ago.   

How long do you wait until you see AVERAGE   ..  or GREATNESS..

Houston is full of "just guys" ..    Sprinkled in with a few AGING vets.  

Reality is setting in ...     and I LOVE it..

GC...I never said it was absolute. I didn't. I'm just fighting fire with fire here. Guy calls our season a fluke, I one up him and let him know that we beat PM last year. And you're right, we won't ever know, but people assuming that we won just because he was out isn't very wise. It's not a trump card, it's me arguing hypotheticals with someone calling me out and being quite rude in his post, once again. This thread was going to escalate and get out of hand whether I said troll or not anyway. But I have practiced restraint since you last quoted me...I'll just settle for gifs from now on...but I'm seriously trying to be the good guy here. I promise, I'm not looking for fights. I'm more disappointed than in a fighting mood honestly.

probably another thread headed for lock.

Granted. Normally I wouldn't be so aggressive but it burned me today and I lost a ton of respect for the fans of the Houston Texans. Very poor class shown when you cheer when a player is hurt.

There are . like that in every fanbase. Trust me when I say there were probably a lot more Schaub supporters than the cheering people out there in the stadium today. Most of us just want a win and will support a guy when he is down.

In fairness I don't think Qwiz was one of those guys because he was here posting during the game.  I know it's hard at times but I try not to judge people by how a fanbase acts. 

In fairness I don't think Qwiz was one of those guys because he was here posting during the game.  I know it's hard at times but I try not to judge people by how a fanbase acts. 

Yep...and I wouldn't ever wish injury on any player, much less cheer when it happens. That's just despicable human behavior.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 14, 2013 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, October 14, 2013 - baiting

He is a wanna be Colt fan..    we will "read" about dude taking the BIG JUMP in a few weeks...    With a HUGE declaration ...

Then he will be warm and cozy where he...   always is, and wants to be... 

hthehehtheee.e.. ;)

Really guys?  give it up the Texans were the better team for two years.  Rather you like the Texans or their fans that post here or not you have to give them that.  We would be up in arms right now if someone tried to say something we won was a fluke or an asterisk so let's not do it other teams even if we don't like them. 

Really guys? give it up the Texans were the better team for two years. Rather you like the Texans or their fans that post here or not you have to give them that. We would be up in arms right now if someone tried to say something we won was a fluke or an asterisk so let's not do it other teams even if we don't like them.

Peyton less year and a rookie filled year. good job Texans.

No, you hoped for it. You just got lucky. In any case it's too late for useless debating.

I remember a lot of posts last year with a lot of Colts fans saying this year the Colts would retake the South and I remember a couple of Texans fans scoffing at the idea.  Colts haven't won the division yet and might not but if they do Colts fans more than hoped for it they predicated it. 

Peyton less year and a rookie filled year. good job Texans.

Hey we won the South many years when the rest of the division was down were those fluke years too?  I already said clearly them winning it in a year Peyton was hurt and beating a rookie QB isn't the samething as beating Peyton and his guys in their prime but it's not a fluke either.  We would be really mad if someone tried to call something of ours a fluke so maybe we shouldn't do it to others? 

I remember a lot of posts last year with a lot of Colts fans saying this year the Colts would retake the South and I remember a couple of Texans fans scoffing at the idea.  Colts haven't won the division yet and might not but if they do Colts fans more than hoped for it they predicated it. 

True, but no one could have sanely predicted a Texan collapse like this. I hoped the Colts and Titans wouldn't be very good this year but at the same time I didn't honestly believe they would just fall off the map. Too much talent has been showed in the AFC South so far. I at least have that much respect for the opposition. Unless we have a few Nostradamuses on the board haha

You're right. But before his bad streak Schaub was a respectable QB. This meltdown was unexpected and has us backed into a corner, especially with his injury. If we grab a young guy in the Draft I still don't expect him to start because Kubiak likes experience. If that young guy wows in TC though then I won't be surprised if he is inserted into the line-up though. It's up to Schaub I think if he wants to keep his job. If he can get out of this rut then he'll be okay...and if he doesn't he signs his own bench card.

Unexpected??? I tried to tell you and warn you before the season and the draft that Schaub was the problem...Best thing you guys can do is just keep losing and draft Manziel, and then maybe we will have a challenge in the division, if nothing else it will be entertaining...

Unexpected??? I tried to tell you and warn you before the season and the draft that Schaub was the problem...Best thing you guys can do is just keep losing and draft Manziel, and then maybe we will have a challenge in the division, if nothing else it will be entertaining...

if they draft manzeil i will be the happiest person on earth

True, but no one could have sanely predicted a Texan collapse like this. I hoped the Colts and Titans wouldn't be very good this year but at the same time I didn't honestly believe they would just fall off the map. Too much talent has been showed in the AFC South so far. I at least have that much respect for the opposition. And anyone here who says they actually believed the Texans would be where they are right now is lying. Or are Nostradamus in disguise.

I'll give you that a lot of Colts fans didn't think the Texans would be in this much trouble but Colts fans were pretty confident that they would have a better team this year.  However, it's not over yet.  If the Texans can win their next two and the Colts lose to the Chargers and Broncos all the Texans have to do is win that game in Houston and they are tied in the South.  With that said, I don't see the Colts losing three in a row as they have yet to lose back-to-back games under Pagano/Luck.  However, I don't see the Colts going 3-0 in their next three either.  I think they will go 2-1 with wins over the Chargers and Texans but hey things are far from over. 

You said a lot of things in the offseason that weren't exactly popular opinion. Schaub's recent horribleness is like the only thing you can honestly hang your hat on. Props to you.

I'll give you that a lot of Colts fans didn't think the Texans would be in this much trouble but Colts fans were pretty confident that they would have a better team this year.  However, it's not over yet.  If the Texans can win their next two and the Colts lose to the Chargers and Broncos all the Texans have to do is win that game in Houston and they are tied in the South.  With that said, I don't see the Colts losing three in a row as they have yet to lose back-to-back games under Pagano/Luck.  However, I don't see the Colts going 3-0 in their next three either.  I think they will go 2-1 with wins over the Chargers and Texans but hey things are far from over. 

I don't think you guys will lose 3 in a row either, not after what I saw you do to SF and Seattle. That's exactly why the Texans and Titans need to recover from their recent troubles quickly and be prepared for the trouble headed at them. I'm not too confident in our chances at home right now but maybe a bye week is exactly what we need. I might have to get tickets to that Colts-Texans game, the atmosphere is going to be great, especially if first-place is on the line.

The Texans "were" the better team in 2011 ..    obviously...    WERE they the better team on 12/30/12?   Not close.. 

I would contend that INDY put the death nail in this totally over rated squad on that date.

Houston had LOST 2 of the previous 3 games..   and were AT HOME playing for HOME FIELD?  And what happens?

Andrew Luck and the worst team in the league in 2011 roll into town and KICK THEIR poo ppoo's.

People it boils down to "heart"    

Really guys?  give it up the Texans were the better team for two years.  Rather you like the Texans or their fans that post here or not you have to give them that.  We would be up in arms right now if someone tried to say something we won was a fluke or an asterisk so let's not do it other teams even if we don't like them. 

The Texans "were" the better team in 2011 .. obviously... WERE they the better team on 12/30/12? Not close..

I would contend that INDY put the death nail in this totally over rated squad on that date.

Houston had LOST 2 of the previous 3 games.. and were AT HOME playing for HOME FIELD? And what happens?

Andrew Luck and the worst team in the league in 2011 roll into town and KICK THEIR poo ppoo's.

totally agree with this post. That was the day when we took the division back

if they draft manzeil i will be the happiest person on earth

Do you ever watch A&M play? I watched every second yesterday and he carried them to another win and scored 42 on Alabama when they have been shutting teams out...I go by what I see and the guy is Great plain and simple and will go top 10...He won't lead the Texans to be better than us, but he won't be fun to play against either....

The Texans "were" the better team in 2011 ..    obviously...    WERE they the better team on 12/30/12?   Not close.. 

Houston had LOST 2 of the previous 3 games..   and were AT HOME playing for HOME FIELD?  And what happens?

That's always been my biggest issue with the Texans they have major issues once the calendar hits December.  They don't close well.  With that said they did a good enough job last year to still win the division even with the December issues.  Those wins and loses in September, October, and November count just as much as the ones in December in the win/loss department.  So yeah they were the better team last year.  With that said they should have been.  They were supposed to be a Super Bowl contender while we were supposed to be rebuilding.  I think the fact the Colts came within a game of the division is part of the reason why Colts felt so good about their chances going into this year.