Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Stampede Blue (Colts Blog) Make Too Much Fuss About The Bill Polian Show

GoGoColts

Since Stampede Blue has started recapping the Polian Show since it stopped streaming after the organization decided to rest the starters rather than go for a perfect season.

Every week, Stampede Blue refers to the on-air, "meltdown," before the recap. In addition, the blog has gotten more and more negative towards Bill Polian since then. The latest example being this post on the blog complaining about how Bill didn't do the show this week http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/10/10/2481118/bill-polian-doesnt-want-to-deal-with-you-tonight-will-not-be-on-bill.

I am not happy with how things have been going lately, but I think that the Bill Polian show is the last thing that we should be criticizing. No other GM/President does such a show. But also, let's just take the show for what it is. It's a chance for the organization to put their spin out to the press and indirectly address media critics via fan call-ins. Sometimes the answers are total bull, and other times Polian provides legitimate perspective on the league. To me it's the last thing to get irate about, but people keep pounding on this show like it is a problem. When it's a nice courtesy that the team gives us.

What doesn't Stampede Blue make too much fuss about?

I think that they offer a good bit of perspective as above average fans. Obviously, they are wrong at times. All of us were wrong about Painter for example. I suppose that you have to over-react a little bit to have a perspective on some things. I just think that they are being a bit malicious with Bill Polian.

I think that they offer a good bit of perspective as above average fans. Obviously, they are wrong at times. All of us were wrong about Painter for example. I suppose that you have to over-react a little bit to have a perspective on some things. I just think that they are being a bit malicious with Bill Polian.

A BIT?

BBS's whole reason for living is to criticize the Polians. The funny thing is, in the process he has completetely lost any semblance of credibility on the subject.

I have seen him be funny. He usually is talking about breaking news. Those are the upsides.

Downside, for me, he can be vulgar. I am guessing his readers don't include many women. Also yes his never ending ax to grind re: polian is tiresome

Hence I am not a follower.

Never seen him lie though. Pft stretches the truth, spins it and puts something completly different out there. That is worse

Pft stretches the truth, spins it and puts something completly different out there. That is worse

Mike Flori constantly walks the line. He is a dirt bag. He is basically saying that teams won't tank, but then he makes sure to put it in the people's minds that the Colts will tank. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/23/pft-live-will-teams-tank-to-get-andrew-luck/

I have seen him be funny. He usually is talking about breaking news. Those are the upsides.

Downside, for me, he can be vulgar. I am guessing his readers don't include many women. Also yes his never ending ax to grind re: polian is tiresome

Hence I am not a follower.

Never seen him lie though. Pft stretches the truth, spins it and puts something completly different out there. That is worse

I will agree with this. When their posts include actual news, they're as good as anyone, and they can insert a good Colts joke that earns a chuckle. But sometimes when he breaks news (Like he did about Manning being hurt last year) he'll get personal against other Colts bloggers in the future when they dispute his reports.

But I fully agree about PFT. They troll team blogs, steal the news they get, present it as their own, and then put their own spin on it. It's honestly one of the best sources for league-wide news, but you gotta know when to stop reading their articles, and when to disregard something you have just read as their spin.