Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saturday: Manning Playing Best Football of Career

bayone

Cincy is ready for that step....just like Houston was a couple years ago....and Cincy has a really good defense and the offense is more balanced. They will win that division...playoff time...no I don't trust them then.

I think the ravens have a bigger chip on their shoulder this year then last. Flacco and co. want to prove they can win without Lewis and Reed and Lewis is already stoking them with their lack of leadership. I sense a certain swag from Flacco too which I like. Cincy is good but until they take that step, I am not convinced.

Peyton's teams have depended on him probably more so to carry a team than any other qb in history....with the exception of maybe Dan Marino. He has carried most of his teams to great regular season success. Peyton has feasted on poor teams and average teams and struggled with good teams....because quite frankly good teams usually beat good players. We've seen it with Tom or Peyton or Rodgers or Brees but you can cover up a lot but when you get against great quality TEAMS you need help from your supporting cast....I agree most times his supporting cast hasn't done enough and times he hasn't played his best. It takes a team to win else Peyton and Tom would win every year lol...last year Peyton had a couple mistakes but through regulation he certainly had done enough to win. His numbers even with the pick 6 that was more a fluke thing with the defense hanging on the wr and then another fluke play with the safety forgeting the basics of prevent defense....or defense at all...but thats football...Steelers have the immaculate catch...Tennessee the music city miracle...those things happen and you really don't blame the qb. Stuff happens and the main thing is it takes winning in all phases to win a championship...Peyton may have to play better...but certainly the defense will have to do their part too.

I would include Elway in that discussion of QB's carrying teams. There is a reason those early Broncos teams got thrashed in the SB....they just weren't that talented.

Oh sure...no one knows what will happen..its a long season....but that defense is better than the first game showed and also their offense will get better with Jones if he gets back healthy. I still think they make the playoffs. It will come down to some tie breakers I feel but I think Baltimore and us get in the playoffs again...except this year Baltimore is a wild card like us. I think we play Cincy and they play Houston. All guessing of course.

With Jacoby Jones out, they will get behind the 8 ball w.r.t Cincy into a hole hard to dig out of, IMO. They play at Dolphins in game 5, and host Packers in game 6, I think they will be in trouble on the offensive side. Bengals match up better with those 2 teams, IMO, and have already beaten the Packers who seem to gain steam as the season goes on, much like last year.

Plus, the Ravens have to play the Patriots that the Bengals dont have to, I seriously doubt they beat the Pats.

They will be back to the Ravens of old, outstanding D that can beat the not so elite QBs but it was not until they had the Flacco-Boldin connection go off did they get over the hump vs both Peyton and Brady. Playoffs as a wild card, maybe??? But I think if they lose the Dolphins game at Miami, that might be their wild card tie-breaker right there.

With Jacoby Jones out, they will get behind the 8 ball w.r.t Cincy into a hole hard to dig out of, IMO. They play at Dolphins in game 5, and host Packers in game 6, I think they will be in trouble on the offensive side. Bengals match up better with those 2 teams, IMO, and have already beaten the Packers who seem to gain steam as the season goes on, much like last year.

Plus, the Ravens have to play the Patriots that the Bengals dont have to, I seriously doubt they beat the Pats.

They will be back to the Ravens of old, outstanding D that can beat the not so elite QBs but it was not until they had the Flacco-Boldin connection go off did they get over the hump vs both Peyton and Brady. Playoffs as a wild card, maybe??? But I think if they lose the Dolphins game at Miami, that might be their wild card tie-breaker right there.

I agree...I just think they beat Miami and thats how they get in...but totally plausible either way.

The way the Broncos' offense is playing right now is out of this world. Manning is incredible. It's too bad he didn't finish his career in Indy, but I'm super happy that he's in such a good situation now. Compare this Broncos team with the shell of a Colts team that we had in 2010, and it's just not fair. 

The way the Broncos' offense is playing right now is out of this world. Manning is incredible. It's too bad he didn't finish his career in Indy, but I'm super happy that he's in such a good situation now. Compare this Broncos team with the shell of a Colts team that we had in 2010, and it's just not fair. 

But the Colts of 2013 look pretty darn impressive.

But the Colts of 2013 look pretty darn impressive.

I like what we have. Divergent paths, and all that. Oh well, it sucks, but that's the way it is. The Colts have retooled, and have a promising future (hopefully that future is upon us already, but we'll see). 

What Denver has built around Manning on offense is very similar to what the Colts did in the mid 2000s, with great receivers inside and out, weaponized tight ends, and dual threat backs. They should continue to try to work the ground game, because that's the only way the line will form some cohesion, given all the injuries they've suffered already this year.

But on defense, the Broncos already had playmakers. They went out and got a couple more (Phillips, DRC), and added some size on the line. They aren't the most physically imposing defense, but when Miller and Bailey come back, they'll be very talented and experienced. Still not great at safety, but there's upside. And the backers are super athletic. They actually devoted some resources to the defensive side of the ball via free agency, something the Colts were very hesitant to do (the one time they did, they won the Super Bowl; go figure). If things go the way the Broncos hope, they won't necessarily be the best defense in the league, but they won't be pushovers, either.

I think the ravens have a bigger chip on their shoulder this year then last. Flacco and co. want to prove they can win without Lewis and Reed and Lewis is already stoking them with their lack of leadership. I sense a certain swag from Flacco too which I like. Cincy is good but until they take that step, I am not convinced.

This team may have too many new parts this year. With the AFC North weak this year, there is a chance, but the Ravens have serious offensive issues. If the o line and running game doesn't improve, Flacco will probably have a long season.

This team may have too many new parts this year. With the AFC North weak this year, there is a chance, but the Ravens have serious offensive issues. If the o line and running game doesn't improve, Flacco will probably have a long season.

2-2 is about right all things considered. Lousy loss today but one loss in a very winnable division. Browns beat Cincy so you are right there. Still can't believe the Steelers are 0-4.