Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4th best rushing team

BronxColtNYC

All teams say they want to effectively run the ball, little do.

True, but not all teams go out and get the players they need to do so.  The Colts have done that.  The addition of the FB Havili, plus Bradshaw, and now Richardson....is proof that the Colts want to run the ball and aren't going to give up on it and just go pass happy if they have a few bad plays in the run game.

True, but not all teams go out and get the players they need to do so. The Colts have done that. The addition of the FB Havili, plus Bradshaw, and now Richardson....is proof that the Colts want to run the ball and aren't going to give up on it and just go pass happy if they have a few bad plays in the run game.

but who could predict top 4 going into jville? Not me. I thought top half of the league but not to this level.

My favorite part of the run we saw yesterday?... It helped close out the win. If this was the Peyton Manning team of old, we'd have to still be throwing the ball to keep our offense out there and risk stopping the clock. Not now. Now, we can reliably pick up 1st downs and still keep the clock moving.

Running the ball also really took the crowd out of it. Nothing better than seeing empty 49'er seats in the 4th Q, seeing them facepalm, or throw their hands up in disbelief.

Guest TeamLoloJones

My favorite part of the run we saw yesterday?... It helped close out the win. If this was the Peyton Manning team of old, we'd have to still be throwing the ball to keep our offense out there and risk stopping the clock. Not now. Now, we can reliably pick up 1st downs and still keep the clock moving.

You know what the best part is?  Teams now will have to be fully prepared to deal with our run game, which will only open things up for Luck and our playmakers.