Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Von Miller and urine collector tried to cheat? (merge)

deedub75

Sorry about the Van instead of Von but anyway.....

What was that Beatles song that went... "when will they ever learn ?"

From Rotoworld

Enjoy.....

ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen reported suspended Broncos OLB Von Miller unsuccessfully tried to corrupt the NFL drug testing program.

This explains why rumors of a possible one-year ban swirled before Miller was eventually suspended for six games. Per Mort and Schefter, Miller received help from the urine collector in his corruption attempt. The urine collector was relieved of his duties. Miller has serious issues. One more misstep and he could lose a year's worth of pay. According to ESPN's Tom Jackson, Miller's father is now living with him in an effort to keep the 24-year-old out of trouble. Miller will be back Week 7. The Broncos haven't missed a beat without him.

Sep 22 - 10:11 AM

Why apologize for Van instead of changing it? haha

I didn't notice I wrote Van instead of Von until after I posted. It was soon enough to edit the post , which I did. I've never been able to find where you can edit the thread. Is there a way I'm not finding ?

Any idea whether or not there will be further consequences? That's a pretty serious offence.

Good to see he has a support network around him though. "Hello Mr. Miller, can Von come out to play?"  :jump:

This is why he got 6 games apparently so probably no other punishment. 

And he only got a 6 game suspension?  He should have been out the entire season. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9707976/von-miller-denver-broncos-urine-collector-tried-cheat-test

Key Excepts

Broncos linebacker and the collector involved worked together in an attempt to help Miller avoid a failed test.

Sources said the collector worked in Miami, where Miller spends offseason time, and the collector reveled in knowing the Broncos linebacker while being, according to a source, "star struck."

It led, sources said, to the collector's willingness to substitute another person's urine specimen for Miller's.

It might have worked, sources said, had a second collector not discovered that Miller was not in the city where his collection was supposed to have taken place.

"He's fast," one source said of Miller, "but he's not that fast."

One source was "reasonably certain" no money changed hands between Miller and the collector, but there was concern the NFL may have a problem beyond Miller and the collector involved. The NFL and the NFLPA declined comment.

Miller's agent, Joby Branion, declined comment Sunday morning, as did representatives of the testing company, Drug Free Sport.

Another source said after the NFL learned details in the Miller case, it summoned representatives of the testing company to New York in late August to meet with league officials to review collection procedures that could enhance the process in the NFL/NFLPA joint testing program. Repeated calls to Drug Free Sport this weekend went unanswered.

The collector involved has been dismissed, per a source.

http://espn.go.com/n...ried-cheat-test

That's a Bronco of a different color. If this was in addition to the "watered down" violation than six games isn't enough.

Sounds like there is something seriously wrong with the testing procedures they describe. They are perhaps geared to inconvenience the players as little as possible, while spending as little as possible on the collectors. A recipe for ineffectiveness.

I don't know if this is news..

.....he tried to fake the test......

..and it wasnt PEDs...it was weed smoking as trying to hide..

He's not the most mature player in the NFL

Sure it's news, it's bears no resemblance to any of the information released previously. If true this demonstrates dramatically more "intent" than the previous allegations, some of which I had considered questionable.

He was suppose to get 4...he got 6 for the cheating. I don't doubt this happens all the time honestly. If money was involved then I say a bigger suspension would be in order and I'm sure Goodell looked into that....he loves to get his name out there. Stupid kid making a stupid move. South beach is nothing but trouble for an athlete. TBH I'm surprised the nfl takes the weed thing this serious. I don't support it but it is clear the Govt is pushing to legalize it. It isn't performance enhancing...in fact the opposite. Granted you don't want your employees doing this but I don't like taking people off the field for this unless its in season as to protect them and others. In the offseason I don't get it.

Again...never smoked weed...don't like it...don't want it legal...but yeah seems a non-issue....the switching test...big deal!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now