Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA pick ups so far!

SubZero

I know its early but this is a look at who we signed so far this year! I will only include big names or big contracts, no trades. Thats why im excluding Sidbury, Havili, and Sheppard.

Gosder Cherilus: So far i havent seen any glaring weekness in his game. His pass protection had been great, while his run blocking isnt elite but he is definitly the best OL on the team.

A

LaRon Landry: Again its only been two games so im judging on that. But Landry had been great! He has brought hard hits and great tackling to the team. His coverage isnt great but he has been all over the feild.

A-

Donald Thomas: Even though he was injured he was probably the best interior line man! His run blocking was great while he did a good job in the pass protection department! Easily a great pick up! Im going to down grade due to the injury.

B-

Erik Walden: He hasnt lived up to the contract. Not saying hes bad but for 4years, 16mil, i would expect a little more presence. Like i said this is just a 2 game evaluation so im not going to say he sucked but he has looked lost and just mediocre. But thy could change.

D+

Ricky Jean-Francois: His run stopping ability has been unquestioned and very good. The only problem is he offers nothing in the pass rushing game. He demanded a big contract and has been good but not great. He could improve though.

C-

Darius Heyward-Bey: This was a low risk high reward and i havent seen much but he is loaded with potential. It took a while last year for Hilton to get acclimated but i cant wait to see how he performs down the road.

C

Ahmad Bradshaw: Again another low risk high reward. Last week against the Dolphins Bradshaw look just like Ballard not flashy but solid running backs. He has delt with injuries and id like to see how he develops this year.

B-

Greg Toler: He has just been a bundle of inconsistancy. He gives up too much cusion and make small mistakes. But when he is on his game he is a great corner. There is no doubt he is a good player but down the stretch id like to see his performance.

B-

Lost=sucked

He has played just fine. And 4 mil is a price that a young veteran could outplay, and yet we DIDN`T commit 4 years to him based on the structure of his contract.

Their is this huge fantasy world where all contracts have to be earned and the players must stay healthy or it was a bad decision.

Yet teams can`t win without roughly 40 guys making less than a Million.

Ridiculous! IMO

You can`t base squat on how good Richardson is with our O-Line.

Maybe by the middle of next year we will have a decent idea where the Team really is. Again, JMO Go Colts!

Erik Walden: He hasnt lived up to the contract. Not saying hes bad but for 4years, 16mil, i would expect a little more presence. Like i said this is just a 2 game evaluation so im not going to say he sucked but he has looked lost and just mediocre. But thy could change.

D+

ultimate_facepalm.jpg

At this point, I feel like the pompom girl for Erik Walden, because I'm constantly coming to his defense. It's not that I think he's a great player, or that I feel like he deserves a bunch of credit. It's just a pet peeve of mine that everyone has decided to make him the whipping boy.

1) Walden has played fine so far. Not out of this world, but he's been mostly on point. 

2) No one has earned their contract at this point, because the team has only played 2 games.

ultimate_facepalm.jpg

At this point, I feel like the pompom girl for Erik Walden, because I'm constantly coming to his defense. It's not that I think he's a great player, or that I feel like he deserves a bunch of credit. It's just a pet peeve of mine that everyone has decided to make him the whipping boy.

1) Walden has played fine so far. Not out of this world, but he's been mostly on point.

2) No one has earned their contract at this point, because the team has only played 2 games.

I'm watching him close. A close friend of mine is close with him and said if I bought his jersey they would have him sign it. Woot!

Ricky Jean-Francois: His run stopping ability has been unquestioned and very good. The only problem is he offers nothing in the pass rushing game. He demanded a big contract and has been good but not great. He could improve though.

C-

First I would say a guy that is good at stopping the run as a dlineman in a 3-4 defense gets a grade better than C-.  Second he batted down 2 passes last Sunday which is nearly as good as 2 sacks.  He and Redding have been great so far this year.

It will probably be on sale next to the Freeney, Nevis, and Addai jerseys next year.

Walden? Lol, we'll see how the rest if the year plays out. Could be right if Werner comes on strong. Then again, Mathis is getting up there in age. Not saying next year. But Werner could pop into Mathis roll and walden could stay put.

Walden? Lol, we'll see how the rest if the year plays out. Could be right if Werner comes on strong. Then again, Mathis is getting up there in age. Not saying next year. But Werner could pop into Mathis roll and walden could stay put.

If he continues to play like he has, we can get plenty of guys just as bad a lot cheaper.