Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You never spend a No.1 on a running back, remember?

oldunclemark

I am not sure in today's NFL you can never say never about anything. What makes champtionship teams and winning organizations is knowing when to make the move. While it is risky to take a RB with a #1 pick, plenty of teams have done this and have reaped the rewards. I think the bigger questions is should the Colts have done this deal NOW.

As I stated in a previous post, this move seemed like a knee jerk reaction from Grig because Ballard is gone for the season. The team signed Bradshaw and could have had Magahee as well. The run game would have chugged along just fine IMO this year and been better next year with the return of Ballard.

The Colts are pretty much in the same boat as the Browns with the exception if having Luck at QB. The team needs a lot of help in other areas, in particular the lines, where that number one pick could have really helped. But the Colts have always been an org, because of Irsay I think, that wants the top skill guys first. That is fine but in the end, games are won in the trenches. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edge meant alot to the Colts offense although Addai did okay only D Rhodes came close to his production when Edge was hurt . 34 is the best Colts RB since edge to put on the horseshoe.

IMO T Richardson is the real deal at RB  just like Luck at QB  these players will lead the Colts into the playoffs for many years to come & win the Lombardi once again if not more .

I laugh at those who say no RB in the first , Simply put we did'nt take a RB in the first we traded for a second year player that is very good who has proved that although defenses know he's gonna run he can still get 3.6 yrds  per carry on a team  where he's the main weapon & the box is loaded  putting him in the Colts line up with many weapons with an offensive line thats improving will bring up his yards per rush .

Tom Brady was drafted  late & has proved to be a stud as good as Peyton Manning where your drafted don't mean squat all it means is lots of people were wrong . :thmup::blueshoe:

I am not sure in today's NFL you can never say never about anything. What makes champtionship teams and winning organizations is knowing when to make the move. While it is risky to take a RB with a #1 pick, plenty of teams have done this and have reaped the rewards. I think the bigger questions is should the Colts have done this deal NOW. As I stated in a previous post, this move seemed like a knee jerk reaction from Grig because Ballard is gone for the season. The team signed Bradshaw and could have had Magahee as well. The run game would have chugged along just fine IMO this year and been better next year with the return of Ballard. The Colts are pretty much in the same boat as the Browns with the exception if having Luck at QB. The team needs a lot of help in other areas, in particular the lines, where that number one pick could have really helped. But the Colts have always been an org, because of Irsay I think, that wants the top skill guys first. That is fine but in the end, games are won in the trenches.

With Brown and Bradshaw both out of contract at the end of the season, this is future proofing the position, and so not a knee jerk.

With Brown and Bradshaw both out of contract at the end of the season, this is future proofing the position, and so not a knee jerk.

do you really think it would be a problem signing brown or bradshaw next year? brown would probably be cheaper than what he is getting this year.

Richardson probably will be good very because of korutsu. I feel.

No doubt 34 will be but whats korutsu ?

haha, no clue it should've just been.

"Trent Richardson, will be very good for the Colts. I'm feeling."

That's just what it's showing me when I retranslate it.

Going to be a tough game today!

I am not sure in today's NFL you can never say never about anything. What makes champtionship teams and winning organizations is knowing when to make the move. While it is risky to take a RB with a #1 pick, plenty of teams have done this and have reaped the rewards. I think the bigger questions is should the Colts have done this deal NOW.

As I stated in a previous post, this move seemed like a knee jerk reaction from Grig because Ballard is gone for the season. The team signed Bradshaw and could have had Magahee as well. The run game would have chugged along just fine IMO this year and been better next year with the return of Ballard.

The Colts are pretty much in the same boat as the Browns with the exception if having Luck at QB. The team needs a lot of help in other areas, in particular the lines, where that number one pick could have really helped. But the Colts have always been an org, because of Irsay I think, that wants the top skill guys first. That is fine but in the end, games are won in the trenches.

Grigson has made so many moves, how could one tell if they are knee jerk? That being said, Trent answers so many questions for us, it could hardly be knee jerk. Browns contract is up, debone carter is gone. Bradshaw was stop gap. That just left Ballard, who is injured, and Williams who,is a project. It helps us this year, looks great for next year and plus, he fits our system.

It was obvious that this is Pep's formula for this team. I think I've been saying it all offseason even though a ton of people just wanted Luck to throw 40 balls. This is what we want to do every game. If your looking for the next Peyton Manning...Luck won't be him. (That isn't bad he could easily win as many or more SBs) I believe they want Luck to be more a Steve Young then a gun slinging Dan Marino or Peyton Manning. That is totally fine with me. This team will pound the run and let Luck pick them apart with efficient throws. I love the balance we showed and the fact we didn't give up on the run even when it wasn't getting big yards...we completely wore that team down. Bradshaw was AWESOME and Trent had some very nice runs. He may not have had the big memorable plays that Bradshaw gave us but his work was just as big a reason for our success. Also Luck was brilliant with his accuracy...dialed in.

I will say...without that defensive performance it couldn't have been done.....clearly Irsay must feel great about the money spent now. It was a perfectly executed game....it was a masterpiece and sure we won't win them all like that but it shows we can beat anyone if we execute.

It was obvious that this is Pep's formula for this team. I think I've been saying it all offseason even though a ton of people just wanted Luck to throw 40 balls. This is what we want to do every game. If your looking for the next Peyton Manning...Luck won't be him. (That isn't bad he could easily win as many or more SBs) I believe they want Luck to be more a Steve Young then a gun slinging Dan Marino or Peyton Manning. That is totally fine with me. This team will pound the run and let Luck pick them apart with efficient throws. I love the balance we showed and the fact we didn't give up on the run even when it wasn't getting big yards...we completely wore that team down. Bradshaw was AWESOME and Trent had some very nice runs. He may not have had the big memorable plays that Bradshaw gave us but his work was just as big a reason for our success. Also Luck was brilliant with his accuracy...dialed in.

I will say...without that defensive performance it couldn't have been done.....clearly Irsay must feel great about the money spent now. It was a perfectly executed game....it was a masterpiece and sure we won't win them all like that but it shows we can beat anyone if we execute.

Out of "Likes" But....... :thmup: