Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell And Staff (Merges)

LUVTHESHOE

ok pundents lets hear the defense for this bafoon this week, although i did see a half time adjustment. we stopped throwing the ball and rode the back of donald brown! brilliant. this

staff needs to go. no more excuses. next staff up. this team should be 4-1, i know i am not a true fan. if being a true fan means supporting jim caldwell than you might be right i am not a true fan.

heck of a game o line and painter you guys were awesome!!! noW give a blank stare and a TIMEOUT! O AND THROW IN A JEFF FISHER TOO. luv the shoe, but not the CALD.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok pundents lets hear the defense for this bafoon this week, although i did see a half time adjustment. we stopped throwing the ball and rode the back of donald brown! brilliant. this

staff needs to go. no more excuses. next staff up. this team should be 4-1, i know i am not a true fan. if being a true fan means supporting jim caldwell than you might be right i am not a true fan.

heck of a game o line and painter you guys were awesome!!! noW give a blank stare and a TIMEOUT! O AND THROW IN A JEFF FISHER TOO. luv the shoe, but not the CALD.

(Edit) all you do is want caldwell gone once again he had the team ready to play but management has not drafted corners for this team in years since umm 05 and in 06 we win a superbowl

Edited by Megan
NO personal shots.

I actually agree Caldwell was inherited a team somewhat the same way Gruden inherited the Bucs. Caldwell was never successful as a coach prior to this. Coyer made a Broncos deffense much worse. It is time to get past this passive non agressive style of play. Manning is a great quarterback but he is not going to be here forever. Stop trying to ride this joke of a tampa 2 style of defense and rebuild now.

Second half collapses of that magnitude involve a lot of poor coaching/and not making adjustments. Caldwell is not a very good time manager/technician/adjustment guy. Add to that the fact that he doesnt ever make that gunslinger gamble when his team needs it, and he is nothing more than a good assistant coach.

17-0 lead............

Have we ever lost with Manning having a 17 point lead? Closest thing I can think of is the last SB 10-0 lead

Are you trying to say with manning the colts wouldnt have lost that lead? lol... i hope thats not what your trying to say.

Are you trying to say with manning the colts wouldnt have lost that lead? lol... i hope thats not what your trying to say.

Do you understand how many flaws Manning indirectly covers up? He is just that good, he makes even our defense look good. The defense is to blame in this one but lets be honest the offense didn't play well in the 2nd half. This game is played for 60 minutes, not 30.

This was not caldwell's fault at all, this was all on the defense.. they have to get better on the field. The coaches actually had a good game plan but the defense just got outplayed.

So apparently once the gameplan is in place, the coach is prevented from adapting to the situation at hand? That actually explains a lot, since Caldwell doesn't adapt...ever. Thanks for showing me the way...all this time I just thought he stunk as a head coach, but now I know better.

This was not caldwell's fault at all, this was all on the defense.. they have to get better on the field. The coaches actually had a good game plan but the defense just got outplayed.

Smitto i respect your opinion in most cases, but not here. everyweek we seem to have a good game plan and then! we still are 0-5, not many 0-5 teams can say they always have a good game plan.

Manning's absence isn't the biggest problem; D is the biggest problem. Over the last four games, the O has gelled quite a bit.

Caldwell, although I'm sure is as nice of a guy that you could know, seems lost on the sidelines. He's not as aggressive as he needs to be.

I never knew what the draw was for Coyer to come. Seems like a lateral move in regards to Fangio and Meeks.

Coyer and Caldwell both need to go. Not sure what it would do to us now.

Do you understand how many flaws Manning indirectly covers up? He is just that good, he makes even our defense look good. The defense is to blame in this one but lets be honest the offense didn't play well in the 2nd half. This game is played for 60 minutes, not 30.

No matter who was in there, peyton or no peyton he wouldnt be able to cover up what the defense did today... listening to polian right now and he is actually emulating what alot of ppl are saying right now.. the secondary was dispicable and painter in his words "was flawless"... not even peyton could have done anything.

No matter who was in there, peyton or no peyton he wouldnt be able to cover up what the defense did today... listening to polian right now and he is actually emulating what alot of ppl are saying right now.. the secondary was dispicable and painter in his words "was flawless"... not even peyton could have done anything.

Except not miss the wide open recievers in the second half on key third downs that Painter did. Sure, Curtis played fine, not really his fault, but to say no difference without Manning is just not accurate.

So you're telling me Manning could not have moved the ball better than Painter in the 2nd half? Because if the offense had actually moved the ball and ate up more time on the clock, the Chiefs could have potentially had less possessions/less time. 15/27 for 277 yds and 2 tds isn't flawless. 21 for 29 yds and 4 tds is.

Smitto i respect your opinion in most cases, but not here. everyweek we seem to have a good game plan and then! we still are 0-5, not many 0-5 teams can say they always have a good game plan.

Fans need to remember even before caldwell was the coach the defense still was horrible in most cases... this is NOT a coaching problem... its personnel, just imagine how different it would have been if the colts had some QUALITY and i mean quality CB's.. hopefully the way of getting defensive players very late in the draft or picking them up after the draft changes because the colts need help in the secondary... even when jackson and hayden were here this was not happening, this is definitely a personnel problem on the field.

Great out of the gate ……..but not much for stamina.

And that my friends points to nothing more than coaching………. plain and simple. If you can prove that you have the ability to physically man handle your opponent in the first half, then absolutely fall apart in the second, that points to nothing more than the coaching staff’s inability to adjust to the other team’s adjustments. The defense should be well rested no? Am I wrong in thinking that they should at least be able to hold their own? And once again our so called coach stands on the sidelines with the look of someone that has no clue as to what is going on. It is painfully obvious that Peyton has been the glue to this team as Reggie Miller was to the Pacers. As much as I have been against all this show boating that goes on in the NFL today, I think that the Colts may have gone too much to the other extreme. They don’t seem to show any passion anymore. They are just this broken machine missing a main cog. And that is where coaching needs to step up, and unfortunately it hasn’t happened. Some fans need to take off their blue glasses and face reality. Until the rectal cranial inversion is treated as far as coaching is concerned it is a dismal out look for the Colts.

The person that I feel for is Painter. He played

more than well enough to win that game today, and was let down. As far as I am concerned he at least deserves the starting job regardless of Collins’ health status.

Rob Ryan for HC and defensive coordinator in 2012. No offensive coordinator needed.

I like Rob Ryan but the only issue I see is that we'd have to put some of our key personnel in roles that they aren't used to as he would shift the defense to a 3-4; not a bad thing but there would be growing pains involved. Mathis and Freeney would probably become linebackers while Brayton and Anderson stay at DE; we'd have to trade for or draft our heavy, 330 lbs. DT's; I wouldn't be opposed to it, necessarily.

quick when does a defense go and stay in a prevent defense since near the end of the 2nd quarter? and when do you take the RB that is getting 5-8 yards a carry out of the game and put in one that gets -2 to -3 yards a carry? that is not the players fault its coaching hands down. I knew caldwell and coyer were bad coaches but cmon this is making a mockery of the colts organization

Fans need to remember even before caldwell was the coach the defense still was horrible in most cases... this is NOT a coaching problem... its personnel, just imagine how different it would have been if the colts had some QUALITY and i mean quality CB's.. hopefully the way of getting defensive players very late in the draft or picking them up after the draft changes because the colts need help in the secondary... even when jackson and hayden were here this was not happening, this is definitely a personnel problem on the field.

I both agree and disagree, it is personel in part, and Coaching as well.

With Manning at qb, the offense wouldn't have crawled into a fetal position in the 2nd half, resulting in longer drives, likely more points, etc. Caldwell brought in Coyer and Caldwell promoted Christensen and he is the Head Man in Charge, so how can be free of blame with a lack luster performance in the 2nd half, It would be different if Painter goes out and throws 3 2nd half interceptions which results in the come back like Romo vs. Detroit, but that's the case. JC&CC put in the prevent offense and the defense didn't do the offense any favors. The whole crew needs to be shipped out of town ASAP.

With a healthy Manning the Colts are easily 4-1 and in my opinion 5-0 and that is with a horrible coaching staff and a lackluster defense.

I'm sorry, I guess there might be a world where 15 first downs is flawless quarterback play but I've never seen it.

So you're telling me Manning could not have moved the ball better than Painter in the 2nd half? Because if the offense had actually moved the ball and ate up more time on the clock, the Chiefs could have potentially had less possessions/less time. 15/27 for 277 yds and 2 tds isn't flawless. 21 for 29 yds and 4 tds is.

Manning would have MAYBE gotten the colts on the board, but then guess what, the colts very tired and lacking secondary would have to come back on the field and get scored on again... the colts need help at CB because right now thats hurting them big time.

I'm sorry, I guess there might be a world where 15 first downs is flawless quarterback play but I've never seen it.

That quote was from bill polian and i kind of agree, there were some missed throws but what QB doesnt miss some but some key dropped passes as well.

before caldwell was the coach they didnt go into prevent defense till middle of the 4th quarter and adjustments were made to help keep the other team from scoring so much. its not personel this time its coaching.

With Manning at qb, the offense wouldn't have crawled into a fetal position in the 2nd half, resulting in longer drives, likely more points, etc. Caldwell brought in Coyer and Caldwell promoted Christensen and he is the Head Man in Charge, so how can be free of blame with a lack luster performance in the 2nd half, It would be different if Painter goes out and throws 3 2nd half interceptions which results in the come back like Romo vs. Detroit, but that's the case. JC&CC put in the prevent offense and the defense didn't do the offense any favors. The whole crew needs to be shipped out of town ASAP.

With a healthy Manning the Colts are easily 4-1 and in my opinion 5-0 and that is with a horrible coaching staff and a lackluster defense.

No denying that if peyton was in the game, the colts would most likely be 4-1 but after seeing how the defense played today even if he was in they would have lost this game because after peyton scored the cheifs would have gotten the ball back.. and to be frank the cheifs have a better chance of stopping the peyton than the defense had a better chance of stopping the cheifs.

before caldwell was the coach they didnt go into prevent defense till middle of the 4th quarter and adjustments were made to help keep the other team from scoring so much. its not personel this time its coaching.

Lacey was getting man handled, did you not see that? i applaud the defense going in man coverage but this was on the players on defense by far... there werent alot of zone plays called on defense there were alot of man coverages but the colts got beat.

No denying that if peyton was in the game, the colts would most likely be 4-1 but after seeing how the defense played today even if he was in they would have lost this game because after peyton scored the cheifs would have gotten the ball back.. and to be frank the cheifs have a better chance of stopping the peyton than the defense had a better chance of stopping the cheifs.

Manning's had plenty of games where he's had to put up 30+ points to win. He's had games where he's put up 30+ points and lost.. Far too many than he should have.

Painter was close to flawless 1st half 12/17 237 2 td 0 int, and was horrible in the 2nd half 3/10 40 yards 0td 0int. Part of that is the offense being passive and that comes from Caldwell & Clyde. Coyer didn't do they any favors, but a better offensive game plan in the 2nd half would have likely sealed a win even with a poor 2nd half performance out of Painter & the defense.

Manning would have MAYBE gotten the colts on the board, but then guess what, the colts very tired and lacking secondary would have to come back on the field and get scored on again... the colts need help at CB because right now thats hurting them big time.

Why was the defense tired? Oh yeah, because the offense only managed 2 first downs the entire second half. You still think Manning wouldn't have made a difference? If the offense doesn't go 3 and out consistantly, the defense can rest and all is good. If they don't then you get the results we did today.

Manning's had plenty of games where he's had to put up 30+ points to win. He's had games where he's put up 30+ points and lost.. Far too many than he should have.

Painter was close to flawless 1st half 12/17 237 2 td 0 int, and was horrible in the 2nd half 3/10 40 yards 0td 0int. Part of that is the offense being passive and that comes from Caldwell & Clyde. Coyer didn't do they any favors, but a better offensive game plan in the 2nd half would have likely sealed a win even with a poor 2nd half performance out of Painter & the defense.

in my eyes if dallas caught that last ball this could have been a different story cause the colts would have gotten the ball rolling.. the colts didnt get that many possessions either thanks due to the defense being on the field for so long.

Why was the defense tired? Oh yeah, because the offense only managed 2 first downs the entire second half. You still think Manning wouldn't have made a difference? If the offense doesn't go 3 and out consistantly, the defense can rest and all is good. If they don't then you get the results we did today.

Yes. Even the announcers, who usually are boneheads, noted that the lack of offensive movement, and even trying to pass downfield, put the defense on the field wayyyyyy to much.

manning doesnt catch the ball, he only throws it... granted there were some passes painter could have connected on like the one to wayne, but the colts defense are horrible on 3rd down so they would have gotten them selves tired anyway.

However, Colts were running tampa 2 then and are still doing it now. There are definitely some upgrades needed to the personnel but the scheme gets half the blame too imo.