Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats cut Tebow

Gramz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see nothing wrong with it after reading the transcript, Just a mom that almost lost her son but instead she wanted to stick through it and well there he is

That's the toned down version, which I agree isn't much to, however I don't know what the original version was like. But he has used his celebrity to promote his personal belief system much more than say a Kurt Werner.

What a sad thread. Perhaps Tebow really does bring out the worst in folks. Not sure why. Even the Hernadez threads didn't sink this low.

I was rooting for him. I hope he gets another chance at some point.

I think some people get upset that Tebow has gotten a multitude of chances to succeed as a QB when a number of other QBs, particularly black QBs, were never given such a long leash to prove themselves at the most important position in professional football my friend. 

Is he being kind?

Do you think if Brady goes down they're calling Tim back? I find that hard to digest frankly.

In my opinion, too many people speak too kindly of Tebow as a QB.  I have never heard so many analysts speak so highly of a player who really does not have the tools to be an NFL player.  It's almost like they're scared to tell the truth about him.  The eye test tells me that he is not a QB.  I watched a lot of Tebow when he was at Florida just because I graduated from an SEC school and I continue to watch a lot of SEC football.  He needed an offense designed specifically for him at Florida, and he needs an offense designed specifically for him in the NFL.  College coaches have no problem in doing so but NFL coaches are not going to do that. 

Also, I don't know him personally so I can't really say if he is a good person or not.  It is easy to put on a persona as a good person and as a religious person. 

He doesn't deserve to be in the NFL.  No one does.

That's the toned down version, which I agree isn't much to, however I don't know what the original version was like. But he has used his celebrity to promote his personal belief system much more than say a Kurt Werner.

I dont think really, he is not the first person to thank god in front of a camera, Its done after big wins or big performances quite a bit but the media massively blew it out of purportion even zooming the cameras in on him during games when he was praying on the sidelines and then whoever came up with that "Tebowing" is absolutely ridiculous

That was a joke......

Okay, fair enough.Try using emotion symbols available on here like this  haha for instance. Just a suggestion deedub75. Humor can be difficult to interpret online otherwise. Intent is not easy to determine by sheer words alone largely do to a lack of tone & emphasis. Thank you. 

SW1 speaks from experience on this one & I earned a 24 hour suspension on this site awhile back because of it. Yes, I deserved it, but I did learn from it & how to convey my humor with no spite or confusion as a result of it. 

In my opinion, too many people speak too kindly of Tebow as a QB.  I have never heard so many analysts speak so highly of a player who really does not have the tools to be an NFL player.  It's almost like they're scared to tell the truth about him.  The eye test tells me that he is not a QB.  I watched a lot of Tebow when he was at Florida just because I graduated from an SEC school and I continue to watch a lot of SEC football.  He needed an offense designed specifically for him at Florida, and he needs an offense designed specifically for him in the NFL.  College coaches have no problem in doing so but NFL coaches are not going to do that. 

Also, I don't know him personally so I can't really say if he is a good person or not.  It is easy to put on a persona as a good person and as a religious person. 

He doesn't deserve to be in the NFL.  No one does.

Both Stephen A. Smith & Merril Hoge on ESPN haven't held back their criticisms of Tim Tebow's flaws in the throwing arena & making the right reads consistently enough. Mark Schlereth has also been an outspoken critic of his QB qualifications on the NFL level too. So, I wouldn't say or imply that all the NFL loves Tim Tebow. Tim does have his detractors out there to be fair. 

Both Stephen A. Smith & Merril Hoge on ESPN haven't held back their criticisms of Tim Tebow's flaws in the throwing & making the right reads consistently enough. Mark Schlereth has also been an outspoken critic of his QB qualifications on the NFL level too. So, I wouldn't say or imply that all the NFL loves Tim Tebow. Tim does have his detractors out there to be fair. 

There are a few who are outspoken in their criticisms of Tebow's QB play, the analysts calling the games seem like they go out of their way to find praises for him.  It's like the networks are telling them to do so. 

I think some people get upset that Tebow has gotten a multitude of chances to succeed as a QB when a number of other QBs, particularly black QBs, were never given such a long leash to prove themselves at the most important position in professional football my friend. 

I have not seen anything here about race just religion. But to your point, I just don't get the argument. Tebow won the Heisman as a sophmore, the only sophmore player to ever win it and two national championships at FL. While I get his playing style was not NFL conventional, he deserved to have his chance in the NFL. If anything it was good fortune that he went to the Broncs who had Kyle Orton who won three games Tebow's rookie year. And when Tebow got his chance he turned around a 1-4 team into a divisional winner and a playoff winner. He has deserved every chance he has got. As of right now, he has not progressed enough in his reads and accuracy to make an NFL roster. Such is life. But this race thing is ridiculous and the religion part is even moreso.

I dont think really, he is not the first person to thank god in front of a camera, Its done after big wins or big performances quite a bit but the media massively blew it out of purportion even zooming the cameras in on him during games when he was praying on the sidelines and then whoever came up with that "Tebowing" is absolutely ridiculous

Off the field Tebow is more vocal than any other NFL player I'm aware of.

And Tebow came up with "Tebowing" lol.

There are a few who are outspoken in their criticisms of Tebow's QB play, the analysts calling the games seem like they go out of their way to find praises for him.  It's like the networks are telling them to do so. 

I am not sure what broadcasts you were watching but I watched his preseason games for the Pats and all the analysts did were criticize him even when he made a good play. ESPN may give him tongue baths but not the broadcasters this preseason.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. Blatant critics of Tebow's game aren't exactly given that much air time to voice their shortcomings as a QB. I will openly concede that point completely. There does seem to be a lack of balance here. No argument there deedub75. It's a valid point.

Off the field Tebow is more vocal than any other NFL player I'm aware of.

And Tebow came up with "Tebowing" lol.

your first statement speaks volumes about your dislike of him, when I can name 100 players just off the top of my head more vocal then he is and if I tried a alot more, I think it was Skip "I need attention" Bayless who gave 'Tebowing" the name

your first statement speaks volumes about your dislike of him, when I can name 100 players just off the top of my head more vocal then he is and if I tried a alot more, I think it was Skip "I need attention" Bayless who gave 'Tebowing" the name

I can't think of any player who preaches their religion off the field more than Tim. I can't name an NFL player who personally took out a Superbowl Ad. I'm not sure how that means I dislike him. I just can't think of any NFL player more outspoken about their beliefs. But I'm happy to be proven wrong, I'm just unaware of many. Maybe Ray Lewis a close second?

He invented "Tebowing" whoever gave it a name just gave it a name. That was his celebration move.

I am not sure what broadcasts you were watching but I watched his preseason games for the Pats and all the analysts did were criticize him even when he made a good play. ESPN may give him tongue baths but not the broadcasters this preseason.

Yes, they would lightly criticize him one hand and on the other they would find some way to praise him.  His mechanics are a little better, he has the infamous tangibles, etc.......

Yes, they would lightly criticize him one hand and on the other they would find some way to praise him.  His mechanics are a little better, he has the infamous tangibles, etc.......

His mechanics were better. Not sure that was praise and the intangibles is what he is known for. He was far from praised. Christian Fauria, former Pats TE talked ad nauseum about how he was not in favor of the Pats signing Tebow and that it made no sense to him.

I have not seen anything here about race just religion. But to your point, I just don't get the argument. Tebow won the Heisman as a sophmore, the only sophmore player to ever win it and two national championships at FL. While I get his playing style was not NFL conventional, he deserved to have his chance in the NFL. If anything it was good fortune that he went to the Broncs who had Kyle Orton who won three games Tebow's rookie year. And when Tebow got his chance he turned around a 1-4 team into a divisional winner and a playoff winner. He has deserved every chance he has got. As of right now, he has not progressed enough in his reads and accuracy to make an NFL roster. Such is life. But this race thing is ridiculous and the religion part is even moreso.

To Tebow's credit, he wants to be evaluated strictly on his on the field production & I respect that about Tim. He wants no favoritism, no special treatment, or no pass just because he is a very pious person. College championships mean absolutely nothing at the pinnacle of professional football. This level is cut throat, crude, & callous. All that matters is 2 things: reliable consistency & what have you done on the field lately? meaning your only as good as your last game or eye in the sky tape. 

Good luck in your next endeavor Tim Tebow. I sincerely mean that. Football will not be your dream job & primary occupation, but then again millions of us in this world would rather be doing something else too. Join the club Tim. Join the club. 

To Tebow's credit, he wants to be evaluated strictly on his on the field production & I respect that about Tim. He wants no favoritism, no special treatment, or no pass just because he is a very pious person. College championships mean absolutely nothing at the pinnacle of professional football. This level is cut throat, crude, & callous. All that matters is 2 things: reliable consistency & what have you done on the field lately? meaning your only as good as your last game or eye in the sky tape. 

Good luck in your next endeavor Tim Tebow. I sincerely mean that. Football will not be your dream job & primary occupation, but then again millions of us in this world would rather be doing something else too. Join the club Tim. Join the club. 

College success matters in terms of a players chance at getting drafted and getting a shot to play in the NFL which was what I was addressing in terms of the race issue. There has been no black QB to my knowledge with Tim's college credentials who did not get his shot. That is what I was disputing. It is not like Tim was some no name running QB. He made his name playing football and winning national championships and the Heisman.

your first statement speaks volumes about your dislike of him, when I can name 100 players just off the top of my head more vocal then he is and if I tried a alot more, I think it was Skip "I need attention" Bayless who gave 'Tebowing" the name

Deep down he loves Tebow. So he says.

Have I said that?

I was trying to make you sound better. You said that you don't dislike him but all your posts state the contrary. From his game, to his outspoken religious beliefs. I am pretty sure if he had a dog that he talked about you would pick on him for that too.

I was trying to make you sound better. You said that you don't dislike him but all your posts state the contrary. From his game, to his outspoken religious beliefs. I am pretty sure if he had a dog that he talked about you would pick on him for that too.

???

I didn't start the religion debate. I just asked Gavin if Tebow was the one who had a Superbowl ad.

I don't dislike Tebow the guy, but I am critical of Tebow the player.

The remarkable thing is that in a sea of Tebow critics I'm the only one who gets a scolding from Amfootball. haha

???

I didn't start the religion debate. I just asked Gavin if Tebow was the one who had a Superbowl ad.

I don't dislike Tebow the guy, but I am critical of Tebow the player.

The remarkable thing is that in a sea of Tebow critics I'm the only one who gets a scolding from Amfootball. haha

You also made comments on the religious debate which included accusing him of using his celebrity status to promote his religious beliefs. Just calling a spade a spade. Comments on his religion is being critical of Tebow the person.

You also made comments on the religious debate which included accusing him of using his celebrity status to promote his religious beliefs. Just calling a spade a spade. Comments on his religion is being critical of Tebow the person.

Pretty sure that's just stating a fact. I wasn't knocking him. That's what he chooses to do with his fame. And he helps people, but it also is what polarizes him to some.

I didn't start anything I just joined a discussion in progress. I challenge you to find where I've said negative words about Tim Tebow the guy. Until then stop acting like you know me, and if you don't like my opinion keep yours to yourself, or don't engage me.

Peyton uses his fame to promote Papa Johns. Oh no I was just critical of Peyton the person. Shoot.

Off topic, but I just noticed Malakai432's signature slogan: "Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid!" 

It made me chuckle pretty good! Thanks man  haha  Sorry for temporarily getting distracted there, but if I find something funny, SW1 sends out a shout out to the person for their clever creativity.  :hat:

Back on target again...

Pretty sure that's just stating a fact. I wasn't knocking him. That's what he chooses to do with his fame. And he helps people, but it also is what polarizes him to some.

Peyton uses his game to promote Papa Johns. Oh no I was just critical of Peyton the person. Shoot.

Why point it out at all if not to be critical of him?

And Tebow could not hold a candle stick to the Scripture quoting Ray Lewis ...

So is this the end for Tebow?  If Belichick and McDaniels, the guy who drafted Tebow in Denver, can't find a way to use you on the team, is your NFL career over?

McDaniels drafting Tebow was the beginning of his end in Denver.  He was right with Thomas but that 2nd 1st round pick off'ed him.

College success matters in terms of a players chance at getting drafted and getting a shot to play in the NFL which was what I was addressing in terms of the race issue. There has been no black QB to my knowledge with Tim's college credentials who did not get his shot. That is what I was disputing. It is not like Tim was some no name running QB. He made his name playing football and winning national championships and the Heisman.

A good entry here amfootball except for 1 thing: A Heisman Trophy gets an athlete recognized & probably walking through the door of a quality franchise, but it's like a stellar resume or curriculum vitae, it may get a person hired, but that person must still earn their keep once they successfully land on that organization's facility. 

A good entry here amfootball except for 1 thing: A Heisman Trophy gets an athlete recognized & probably walking through the door of a quality franchise, but it like a stellar resume or curriculum vitae, it may get a person hired, but that person must still earn their keep once they successfully land on that organization's facility. 

I am with you on this. And Tebow did earn that in Denver which is why they started him every game from week 6 on. Since Denver? Not so much but he has not had a team committed to him either. A shame really as I really think he and Fox could have made it work given Fox's desire to be conservative and run. I guess we will never know.