Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What have you noticed?

coltsdan

I've noticed to not listen to any evaluations that 98% of fans have and make my own judgments and trust the people that really know what they're talking about.

You watch the tape, you listen to the people who you "feel" really know what they're talking about, then you make your own judgments. Well my friend, that makes you part of the 98%

I noticed Ballard still struggles with his vision at times. Too many lateral runs that ended up as losses that should've been either short gains or no loss. He tries to do too much at times. Hopefully we get to see what Bradshaw has soon

Joe Reitz looks like a starter. Should've been starting the whole time until they thought Thornton was ready

Oh, and Thornton IS ready. lol

I like the matchups Pep created with his play calling and formations. I noticed a lot of 2 back sets again. I'm starting to wonder if that is going to be a staple in our offense. I understand we're limited at tight end with Allen and Fleener out, but I hope we see more 2 TE's than we do 2 backs 

Will agree Reitz done a good job ,don't think Ballard is bad at all,lack of vision sometimes,but what I seen from him I liked was catching the ball,also his pass protection was very,very good,major improvement over last year.I think he will be a good well rounded RB before its all said and done.Bradshaw when healthy also is a major plus with his talent and experience . :thmup:

Will agree Reitz done a good job ,don't think Ballard is bad at all,lack of vision sometimes,but what I seen from him I liked was catching the ball,also his pass protection was very,very good,major improvement over last year.I think he will be a good well rounded RB before its all said and done.Bradshaw when healthy also is a major plus with his talent and experience . :thmup:

I agree Ballard is becoming a more well-rounded back, and my comments on him weren't meant to come across as if I've given up on him. I still feel like he needs to improve with knowing when to cut back if a lane doesn't open. He waits too long, in my opinion. When he has solid blocking, he does get upfield. It's when the holes aren't so defined and he has to make the correct read where he struggles. I'm just curious to see if our running struggles are all a product of poor line play or is it a little bit of Ballard too. Donald Brown had some decent gains with the same linemen on the field. Like I said, I need to see Bradshaw behind this line to truly gage where we're at with the run game

I agree Ballard is becoming a more well-rounded back, and my comments on him weren't meant to come across as if I've given up on him. I still feel like he needs to improve with knowing when to cut back if a lane doesn't open. He waits too long, in my opinion. When he has solid blocking, he does get upfield. It's when the holes aren't so defined and he has to make the correct read where he struggles. I'm just curious to see if our running struggles are all a product of poor line play or is it a little bit of Ballard too. Donald Brown had some decent gains with the same linemen on the field. Like I said, I need to see Bradshaw behind this line to truly gage where we're at with the run game

DB had some holes I could've drove a car through lol .Our line is still evolving inconsitent on the run,but think we are showing some improvement,DB could be playing for his future ,Williams shows flashes as a good back to keep around,very quick to the outside.If this line improves,its possible for 2- 1000 yd RBs in my opinion,thinking we will have many more offensive possesions because of our improved D.

My wife and I attended last night's game. We drove up from Evansville to see the Colts and we were not disappointed. I only had one problem and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. The national anthem was completely ruined by that string trio's rendition of it in a failed attempt at showing all of Lucas Oil Stadium how "interpretive" and "trendy" they thought they were. There was no respect given, the football players they showed on the screen had the wth look on their face, and it was more like a lame Star Search audition than an anthem honoring the sacrifices of our veterans, of which I am one. In the future more respect and less interpretation would be appreciated as we will be returning in the regular season. Everyone stood and gave respect except for 3 people that decided to milk something out our national anthem. C'mon man! The D looked great last night, the offensive 2 minute drill was sluggish but that may have been by design to prevent injuries.

DB had some holes I could've drove a car through lol .Our line is still evolving inconsitent on the run,but think we are showing some improvement,DB could be playing for his future ,Williams shows flashes as a good back to keep around,very quick to the outside.If this line improves,its possible for 2 1000 yd RBs in my opinion,thinking we will have many more offensive possesions because of our improved D.

Yeah, that's a bit of a stretch to ever expect TWO 1,000 yd'ers on one team with a quarterback of Lucks caliber. Even with Edge rushing for 1500 + yards and Dom Rhodes backing him up, the Colts never rushed for 2000 yards in a season in the Manning era. The whole notion of us being a running team is hilarious to me. Luck is the franchise at the end of the day. The ball will be in his hands more than anyone. I think Pep just wants us to be able to pick up critical yardage and be efficient in the redzone, more so than pound the rock 40 + times a game. That would be stupid. Even supposed "run teams" air it out a good portion of their offense. Baltimore and San Fran being primary examples 

Yeah, that's a bit of a stretch to ever expect TWO 1,000 yd'ers on one team with a quarterback of Lucks caliber. Even with Edge rushing for 1500 + yards and Dom Rhodes backing him up, the Colts never rushed for 2000 yards in a season in the Manning era. The whole notion of us being a running team is hilarious to me. Luck is the franchise at the end of the day. The ball will be in his hands more than anyone. I think Pep just wants us to be able to pick up critical yardage and be efficient in the redzone, more so than pound the rock 40 + times a game. That would be stupid. Even supposed "run teams" air it out a good portion of their offense. Baltimore and San Fran being primary examples 

No we wont run it 40 times ,1000 meaning pyds and ryds combined,shouldve clarified that,but 1 will break it on the ground.My hope is a solid line,everything else will fall into place

No we wont run it 40 times ,1000 meaning pyds and ryds combined,shouldve clarified that,but 1 will break it on the ground.My hope is a solid line,everything else will fall into place

So you think we'll have a 1000 receiver out of the backfield? Sorry, I'm confused in what you're trying to say, could you clarify?

So you think we'll have a 1000 receiver out of the backfield? Sorry, I'm confused in what you're trying to say, could you clarify?

Lol no,1000yd on the ground 1player but 2 with 1000 yds all purpose,and that migtht not happen because of Hvali receiving skills.The ball may be spread to much.