Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Following the Trade Yesterday

GoColtsGo5150

Here is a list of people who could be good if we trade for them:

Bryce Brown ( RB from the Eagles)- 6 ft who can run a 4.4 40 and could be a good change in pace back

Chris Owusu ( WR from the Bucs)- 6ft 2 who can run a 4.36 40, played under Hamilton and with Luck and Fleener etc at Stanford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1nuHT41YM

Arthur Moats ( OLB from the Bills)- hard hitting linebacker who could be quite effective on the outside against the run and can be an effective pass rusher from time to time.

any others I may have missed?

Here is a list of people who could be good if we trade for them:

Bryce Brown ( RB from the Eagles)- 6 ft who can run a 4.4 40 and could be a good change in pace back

Chris Owusu ( WR from the Bucs)- 6ft 2 who can run a 4.36 40, played under Hamilton and with Luck and Fleener etc at Stanford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1nuHT41YM

Arthur Moats ( OLB from the Bills)- hard hitting linebacker who could be quite effective on the outside against the run and can be an effective pass rusher from time to time.

any others I may have missed?

WHAT TRADE?!?!  :woah:  :woah:  :woah:

Never heard their names.. Only Owusu because of the Stanford connection, and he went undrafted.. Don't want to waste anything on that WR with the competetion we got atm..

We don't need anything at RB with Bradshaw/Ballard and Williams imo. 

The OLB.. We just signed Walden to a 4 year-contract and got a 1st round pick there as well... on top of that we got #98 opposite, this would only add some depth.

Not interested in giving up anything for any of those guys.

Why would yesterday's trade necessitate another one? We have plenty of low-level bodies at receiver, runningback and linebacker. I think we traded for the receiver because he has return skills, and the guys we've been using having been productive. I don't really think it's about the depth chart.

Also, the evaluation window for these lower level guys is pretty much up after this week. Rosters get cut to 75 next Tuesday; all the chaff gets blown away at that point. 

Unsure why yesterdays trade calls for another one..

But highly doubt Brown would be traded even with fumble problem.. Showed some flashes last year with McCoy out.

Understand Owusu went to Stanford, but I'm not one of the believers who think anyone who went there will translate to success at this level..

Unfamiliar with Moats..

Never heard their names.. Only Owusu because of the Stanford connection, and he went undrafted.. Don't want to waste anything on that WR with the competetion we got atm..

We don't need anything at RB with Bradshaw/Ballard and Williams imo. 

The OLB.. We just signed Walden to a 4 year-contract and got a 1st round pick there as well... on top of that we got #98 opposite, this would only add some depth.

Not interested in giving up anything for any of those guys.

Donnie Brown should be with bradshaw/ballard... he might be our most productive back this year..

Donnie Brown should be with bradshaw/ballard... he might be our most productive back this year..

Totally forgot we had him, woops! My bad.. But yeah, I don't think he is the same level as them, but a good back that hopefully will show something serious this season.

Why would yesterday's trade necessitate another one? We have plenty of low-level bodies at receiver, runningback and linebacker. I think we traded for the receiver because he has return skills, and the guys we've been using having been productive. I don't really think it's about the depth chart.

Also, the evaluation window for these lower level guys is pretty much up after this week. Rosters get cut to 75 next Tuesday; all the chaff gets blown away at that point. 

I totally agree. I think the reason the Reed-Carter trade took place was Carter wasn't going to make the team. Why not take a gamble on Reed and see if he can do some good at being a return man. I have a feeling we will be seeing him quite a bit in the next 2 preseason games. There was a lot of negativity on the Reed trade because most were looking at him as a WR. If he gets cut it's nothing lost. 

Unsure why yesterdays trade calls for another one..

But highly doubt Brown would be traded even with fumble problem.. Showed some flashes last year with McCoy out.

Understand Owusu went to Stanford, but I'm not one of the believers who think anyone who went there will translate to success at this level..

Unfamiliar with Moats..

Just look at Fleener.  I'm sorry but that guy hasn't impressed me at all yet.  I'm curious, when will the honeymoon be over with Fleener?  When will it be legal on this forum to say he's not cutting it?

Just look at Fleener.  I'm sorry but that guy hasn't impressed me at all yet.  I'm curious, when will the honeymoon be over with Fleener?  When will it be legal on this forum to say he's not cutting it?

I've been a big supporter of Fleener, but I completely agree with you..

He had a couple different injuries last year that kept him off the field..

This year all I heard was positives about him at camp, but he hasn't shown it in the 2 preseason games.. Drops and fumbles won't make your QB keep coming back to you. Think he has a lot of potential but it just isn't showing right now

I've been a big supporter of Fleener, but I completely agree with you..

He had a couple different injuries last year that kept him off the field..

This year all I heard was positives about him at camp, but he hasn't shown it in the 2 preseason games.. Drops and fumbles won't make your QB keep coming back to you. Think he has a lot of potential but it just isn't showing right now

Fumbles? As in more than one? 

Just remembering the many posts of how Carter should be higher than Brown...even to the point of Brown being cut or released.

Guess who is still here.

No, we cant be right all the time, but the fixation on Brown being traded, released, or cut is impressive. Alas...eventually, those thoughts will be correct. We could, however, enjoy him while he is here.