Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thomas say's Offensive Line Progressing

CS Colts Fan

found off of Colts.com

http://blogs.colts.com/2013/08/20/donald-thomas-says-line-progressing/

“I thought overall we communicated well,” said Thomas.  “Our execution was there a little bit.  I also feel we took some steps in the right direction.

As the Colts move to week three with starters likely playing into the third quarter, Thomas wants to see more progress.

Thomas expects the line’s performance to be peak efforts.  He says the Colts are not at that level yet.

“No, we’re a work in progress.  We’re going to continue to work together and gel,” said Thomas.  “The next game will be a huge test for us.  We’ve made some strides and hopefully when the season starts, we’ll be rolling on all cylinders.

“We’re getting there, though.  We’re getting there.”

Still, Pagano likes what he saw from the first half with Thomas and crew on the field.

“You run the football, move the chains, stay ahead of the markers, the down markers, get third and manageable, make those plays, make some chunk plays,” said Pagano.  “At the end of the second half it was probably more me than anybody else, making sure we took care of the football and we didn’t do anything crazy out there.

“We want to be aggressive, but we are going to play good team football.”

I know we don't like the C and RG, but ti me it sounds like the Line feels like they are moving in the right direction... can only HOPE that the C and RG come along quickly weather it is Sattelle and McGkynn or replacements ( which I hope for replacement  for especially at RG )

I just pasted some of the highlights..

IMO it is worth a read

I wouldnt expect him to say the C and RG suck.

Communication has nothing to do with guys blowing past McGlynn and Satele getting thrown around.

I know..... but the info on the Offensive Line has been sparse  and at least they seem to be communicating to me that is a plus...  

Alright, hands against the wall.  You are being charged with possession of a daggling participle

That cracked me up.  Reminded me of my linguistics prof.  What a "looker" she was.  Endomorph in polyester.  I'd bet she had a few participles dangling in there somewhere.  Ewww

Okay back to football.  The line is coming along.  It's a complicated dance they are trying to figure out.  Unfortunately we have a couple guys with two left feet according to many of our posters.  It will be a beautiful thing when they all get in step together and let Andrew comfortably do his thing.

Off-topic a little, but has anyone had a chance to check out any Raven's preseason games? Particularly their line play? I'm curious to know if Shipley has got any playing time, and if he has, how he is doing

Him and another guy are battling to start at C. AQ started tge last gm and didnt impress. Si looks like the competition is still open. I thought ge was a better guard than C

If certain unnamed players aren't "fixed", or replaced, then as a whole, the O-line absolutely stinks  "It's the sum of the parts"  If an obvious weakness exists and your enemy has discovered this ridiculously publicized weakness, its lack of exploitation by said enemy would be a violation not to fall below court-marshal and subsequent treason.