Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos suspend Russell indefinitely & Tom Heckert 1 month BOTH w/out pay, Treatment to be provided, also theres a 3rd DUI

bayone

Matt Russell suspended indefinitely w/out pay, Tom Heckert suspended 1 month w/out pay. Treatment provided as needed http://denverpost.com/broncos .

Of course news also trickled out today that reserve offensive lineman Quentin Saulsberry was also arrested on suspicion of DUI in May.

(( Saulsberry is a reserve Center, kinda thin there in depth ))

NFL has informed the Broncos it has no plans for further punishment for Heckert and Russell transgressions.

... That does not mean, by the way, that the Broncos won't be subject to the league's salary remittance policy for these suspensions.

Here's a quick primer on "salary remittance"

Although typically enforced in relation to players, commissioner Roger Goodell has the authority to apply non-player suspensions.

Under the policy, the league can fine the team an increasing percentage of the employee's salary for each additional employee that is suspended.

In Denver's case, pro personnel director Tom Heckert is the first offender and player personnel director Matt Russell is the repeat offender.
The policy allows the league to fine the Broncos 25% of Russell's salary.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/7/15/4525606/broncos-hand-down-punishments-to-russell-heckert

===============================================================================

The team told the commissioner's office of its plans, and the NFL "has informed us it has no plans to impose additional discipline for this conduct," the release said.

Also, Broncos offensive lineman Quentin Saulsberry was arrested May 19 in Arapahoe County on suspicion of drunken driving, The Denver Post has learned through a search of state records.

"It is imperative that we affect the decision-making process to end this reckless behavior," Ellis said. "Our education, counseling, resources and awareness regarding this serious offense must be improved. That process has already begun.

"We will take these steps and more as we deal with this issue in the most thorough manner possible."

Read more:Broncos' DUI arrests lead to suspensions for Matt Russell, Tom Heckert - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23663809/broncos-dui-arrests-lead-suspensions-matt-russell-tom#ixzz2Z8z1igpy

Is this going to become a Bronco of the week thing, all the way till the preseason starts and they finally have something to do other than drink? 3 cases within two weeks. Good grief.

well lets say they like to report them in clusters but apparently happened monthly ( lol ) what can i say, Like how Denver post had to  do a state record search to get latest, who knows whats really out there if a search made on all teams

Running , Take care

well lets say they like to report them in clusters but apparently happened monthly ( lol ) what can i say, Like how Denver post had to  do a state record search to get latest, who knows whats really out there if a search made on all teams

Running , Take care

Yeah, true. Florida kept that separate Hernandez incident covered up pretty well too. Sometimes you never know until you look for yourself I suppose.

Matt Russell hit a police car...Yikes, what is this "Animal House" with actor John Belushi? Sigh...[Humorous dialog from "Animal House" that made me think of Denver's recent DUI woes. A motivational speech of sorts I guess.]

"What's this lying around [crap]?...Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!! Hades No!" LOL!  :funny:  :lol:  lmao

"Germans?"

"Forget it he's rollin'"

"Cause when the going gets tough; the tough get going."

Yes, it does FX & yet beer & alcohol sponsors are so popular on TV & profitable across the entire league & logos from these products are posted in every single stadium. It seems so hypocritical to me.  haha

I read crime in the NFL is like 2% vs 6 to 8% in the general public.

It is OUR society!

It is OUR society!

I will admit JJ that there are citizens who drink responsibly & have a designated driver accompany them & never get arrested for a DUI charge. However, it still doesn't negate that fact that PG family friendly NFL programming is overflowing with beer, whiskey, & Trojan commercials...An odd contradiction don't you think? 

I will admit JJ that there are citizens who drink responsibly & have a designated driver accompany them & never get arrested for a DUI charge. However, it still doesn't negate that fact that PG family friendly NFL programming is overflowing with beer, whiskey, & Trojan commercials...An odd contradiction don't you think?

Yeah but that's what our society does. The NFL apparently is nothing more than a reflection of today's society. You could never screen it squeaky cleaned....well you could just put in contract DUI = you're fired:)

Yeah but that's what our society does. The NFL apparently is nothing more than a reflection of today's society. You could never screen it squeaky cleaned....well you could just put in contract DUI = you're fired:)

I heard someone on the radio say that in Denmark (I think) they have a one strike policy. The first DUI conviction you get results in permanent loss of your driver's license (now that's severe!). I have no idea what the deterrent rate is over there but if that kind of penalty doesnt stop stop someone nothing will.

The worst part about DUIs and athletes and these executives is that they could afford to pay someone to drive them home, heck you'd figure there would be a line of people jumping at the chance to drive home a member of a pro sports orgainzation.

It is OUR society!

The difference is this.....

If you or I or anyone else here gets busted for DUI,  it means nothing to anyone except our family and closest friends.

But, if an NFL player gets busted for a DUI it makes national headlines.    Not good.    Teams play up the idea of being good members of the community.    Teams hate this kind of stuff.

I heard someone on the radio say that in Denmark (I think) they have a one strike policy. The first DUI conviction you get results in permanent loss of your driver's license (now that's severe!). I have no idea what the deterrent rate is over there but if that kind of penalty doesnt stop stop someone nothing will.

The worst part about DUIs and athletes and these executives is that they could afford to pay someone to drive them home, heck you'd figure there would be a line of people jumping at the chance to drive home a member of a pro sports orgainzation.

The NFLPA has a program available to them.

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201304/nfl-players-worry-about-privacy-when-using-car-service

What part do you find ridiculous and why?

From what I can see,  I'm perfectly fine with it.....   what is your issue?

that this has happen three times in a span of two weeks by the same organization

that this has happen three times in a span of two weeks by the same organization

It hasn't. Saulsberry was arrested May 19; Heckert, June 11; Russell, July 6. Three times over a span of two months, not two weeks.

Still not good, of course. 

The difference is this.....

If you or I or anyone else here gets busted for DUI,  it means nothing to anyone except our family and closest friends.

But, if an NFL player gets busted for a DUI it makes national headlines.    Not good.    Teams play up the idea of being good members of the community.    Teams hate this kind of stuff.

Oh I agree but the payers are still representative of our society in part.

And the NFL has little control over their lives beyond the field. The only thing you can do is make those contracts laden with NFL rules of behavior and a one strike policy.

its not a current player nor is he directly involved but this is the time for Denver Broncos to get hit with acusations

Former Denver Bronco's home care company closes after employee charged

Broncos offensive lineman Ryan Harris has shuttered in the weeks since an employee was charged with stealing tens of thousands of dollars worth of valuables from her vulnerable clients.

Harris did not return calls seeking comment, but an employee who answered the phone at Harris Home Health on Monday said the business was closing due to "financial difficulties" unrelated to the June arrest of Allicia Baldwin, 22.

Read more:Former Denver Bronco's home care company closes after employee charged - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23665841/former-denver-broncos-home-care-company-closes-after#ixzz2ZEFYb2N5