Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl Champs

unitaswestand

Weird topic - a forum for Colts fans to beat on their chests a little i guess huh.

Well - unfortunately for the OP & those that agree with him - this isnt basketball. The Super Bowl cannot be won in June.

Winning it all is only about 1) making the playoffs  & 2) going into the playoffs firing on all cylinders.

All playoff seeds have won it all before so winning division - record - offensive/defensive rank - coach - & depth at FB position doesnt matter.  

That & injuries make it impossible to predict a season.

I think alot of our anxiety about how good we can be comes from knowing how bad we could be right now. Its like we were the best team for 10 years then all of a sudden had the perfect bad season to draft the QB that will give us another 10 years. Luck or not - it could have been alot worse. KC couldnt even find a QB in the draft.

Accept who we are - its OK - we are the best young contender. We are moving towards our 5 year window of opportunity while todays contenters are spending theirs up. Relax - our future is bright.

Why discuss anything then?  Because 99% of what goes on in the forum is either speculating the future or giving an opinion on players. But none is concrete.  So I am speculating that I think the Colts will win the Super Bowl.   That's what this forum is for!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Often times in the Free Agency NFL, teams sneak up you don't expect.  The Giant teams that beat the Patriots were very uneven teams.   I remember thinking last year I was glad the Colts got the Ravens in the playoffs because I felt like the Ravens were the most beatable AFC team.   They go on and win the Super Bowl!

We have the horses in place.  We have the play makers.  We have the franchise QB.

So you never know....

Why discuss anything then?

You start a thread saying Super Bowl Champs before training camp - I reply that its too early for Super Bowl talk & give my reasons why I believe its too early - just like you would give ur reasons why you think we will be Super Bowl Champs.

Where Im from that is called a discussion. Where you are getting Im saying nothing should be discussed is beyond my level of understanding.

I have speculated on the future several times - i have given my opinion on players several times - I just tried to respectfully say that I would love to get into how I think we can & will have a better season this year - but its just too early. You telling me if R Wayne goes down for the year in training camp this thread will still remain relevent? Im just saying its hard to discuss what can happen at the end of a season that has not even started yet.

Ill make my point a different way. What if I started a thread that said "Why we need to resign Bjoern Werner." Yes - we can discuss it - but we would be missing a pretty important piece of the equation. Not only has his career not started yet - has he even signed yet?. Even if he has signed I believe my point is made. Right now - discussing his next contract would be pointless. 

Thanks - Ill try to be clearer next time.

Peyton shot? What do I care about him, he's not in the division anymore lol. I'm glad that you're glad. Because I'm also glad that I'm glad too. But you didn't use any facts. All you did was ask how long it took for Schaub to get to the playoffs, which really isn't necessarily about "putting the team" on one's back. We will see which of the two makes the most out of all the playoff visits they have in the future.

haha definitely respect you for holding your own in enemy territory, however when Schaub needs to win a shootout against an elite qb he has falling short the majority of the time. I used the GB and 2 NE games because these games highlight his shortcomings in this area. When Foster gets shutdown Schaub has shown to this point an inability to win a shootout in fact in these 3 games Schaub seemed to regress as a qb, my point being that SB winning qb's don't have this problem even flacco had to elevate his game when rice struggled (playoff game against INDY rice fumbled twice I believe). Luck on the other hand has still excelled the majority of the time when forced into a shootout I no longer have any doubts about him being able to go against any of the elite qb's and win a shootout. I don't think Schaub is a bad qb he's more like a mid-tier qb who is able to put up big numbers but only in the right situation,because if I'm being honest Foster doesn't get shutdown often I was actually surprised to see how HOU played in those 3 games. But depending on how INDY gels with all our new pieces on Def and new scheme on Off (I'm actually excited expecting better play), HOU isn't a lock for the AFC South. Even TEN could be dangerous if Locker steps up his game. I don't expect you to agree with me because your a Hou fan and your going to defend your qb it's only natural every colts fan has made an excuse or two for peyton's post season struggles. But if your looking at this from a pure football fan view you know what happened to Hou in those 3 games last year was no flute and we'll see if Schaub proves me wrong, but don't be surprised to see Luck hoist the Lombardi before Schaub does.haha     

haha definitely respect you for holding your own in enemy territory, however when Schaub needs to win a shootout against an elite qb he has falling short the majority of the time. I used the GB and 2 NE games because these games highlight his shortcomings in this area. When Foster gets shutdown Schaub has shown to this point an inability to win a shootout in fact in these 3 games Schaub seemed to regress as a qb, my point being that SB winning qb's don't have this problem even flacco had to elevate his game when rice struggled (playoff game against INDY rice fumbled twice I believe). Luck on the other hand has still excelled the majority of the time when forced into a shootout I no longer have any doubts about him being able to go against any of the elite qb's and win a shootout. I don't think Schaub is a bad qb he's more like a mid-tier qb who is able to put up big numbers but only in the right situation,because if I'm being honest Foster doesn't get shutdown often I was actually surprised to see how HOU played in those 3 games. But depending on how INDY gels with all our new pieces on Def and new scheme on Off (I'm actually excited expecting better play), HOU isn't a lock for the AFC South. Even TEN could be dangerous if Locker steps up his game. I don't expect you to agree with me because your a Hou fan and your going to defend your qb it's only natural every colts fan has made an excuse or two for peyton's post season struggles. But if your looking at this from a pure football fan view you know what happened to Hou in those 3 games last year was no flute and we'll see if Schaub proves me wrong, but don't be surprised to see Luck hoist the Lombardi before Schaub does. haha     

Schaub went 20 for 33 and put up 232 yards in the GB game lol. Foster not getting many touches that game didn't exactly help things, but he still managed to get 2 TDs, thankfully. Oddly enough, Schaub put up 232 against NE in the regular season and 343 against them in the playoffs, so while he does have some fault in our losses, it's not all on him. If you want to look at their records against elite QBs this season, Schaub is 1-2, while 12 is 1-0. Not too much of a difference there, and seeing as how he only played against Rodgers this season I don't know how he's proved to you that he is better in games against elite QBs than Schaub lol. Thankfully Arian doesn't get "shut down" often. In any case, Schaub has proven before in the past that he can win without a semblance of a run game. He and Andre single-handedly led us to our first winning season. Anywho, I hope you're right about the division being competitive again. And you're right...I'm a Texan fan, I watch my team play all the time, of course I expect us to win the division again haha

The original post makes some fans uncomfortable. I am one of those as I do not like to savour certain thoughts before they have the right in my mind to be considered. That is my view of the subject. I am job hunting right now and I would equate it to talking about what I am going to make before I even have the interview. Thats just how I see it. But fans showing their beliefs will always fly with me.

For what it's worth, I think:

* Losing to the Jags last season does not reflect how good this team was, but at the same time, the Texans losing to us in our house is the same exact consideration.

* I think the odds are better that we win the SB, than the Jags winning the division.

* I think the odds are better that the TItans have a .500 record, than the Colts reaching 12 wins.

* I think our pass rush numbers will greatly improve this season.

* I have a hunch that this is Reggie's last significant production season. His value will still be great however.

You start a thread saying Super Bowl Champs before training camp - I reply that its too early for Super Bowl talk & give my reasons why I believe its too early - just like you would give ur reasons why you think we will be Super Bowl Champs.

Where Im from that is called a discussion. Where you are getting Im saying nothing should be discussed is beyond my level of understanding.

I have speculated on the future several times - i have given my opinion on players several times - I just tried to respectfully say that I would love to get into how I think we can & will have a better season this year - but its just too early. You telling me if R Wayne goes down for the year in training camp this thread will still remain relevent? Im just saying its hard to discuss what can happen at the end of a season that has not even started yet.

Ill make my point a different way. What if I started a thread that said "Why we need to resign Bjoern Werner." Yes - we can discuss it - but we would be missing a pretty important piece of the equation. Not only has his career not started yet - has he even signed yet?. Even if he has signed I believe my point is made. Right now - discussing his next contract would be pointless. 

Thanks - Ill try to be clearer next time.

I see your point and I appreciate and respect your opinion.    My point is I think we all know it is impossible to predict the future,much less a season.  Nothing has happened.  Luck could blow out a leg tomorrow working out.   So, in my opinion, that is basically an unsaid part of these forums. It is all speculation and opinions.   If you look over most posts, they are speculating. And even if I made the prediction in Week 15, Luck could blow out his knee in week 16 and that makes it invalid.   That is understood.   Just like if I went to see Spiderman, I wouldn't need someone to tell me "Hey, you know, there isn't really a Spiderman!".

So I guess what I was hoping for when I start something like this, is someone speculating why that won't happen.  Bad defense.  Luck regresses.  But again, it is all speculative.

Schaub went 20 for 33 and put up 232 yards in the GB game lol. Foster not getting many touches that game didn't exactly help things, but he still managed to get 2 TDs, thankfully. Oddly enough, Schaub put up 232 against NE in the regular season and 343 against them in the playoffs, so while he does have some fault in our losses, it's not all on him. If you want to look at their records against elite QBs this season, Schaub is 1-2, while 12 is 1-0. Not too much of a difference there, and seeing as how he only played against Rodgers this season I don't know how he's proved to you that he is better in games against elite QBs than Schaub lol. Thankfully Arian doesn't get "shut down" often. In any case, Schaub has proven before in the past that he can win without a semblance of a run game. He and Andre single-handedly led us to our first winning season. Anywho, I hope you're right about the division being competitive again. And you're right...I'm a Texan fan, I watch my team play all the time, of course I expect us to win the division again haha

You can gloss over Schaub's poor performance against 2 elite qb's in 3 different games, but you can't change the facts haha. In the GB game Foster had 17 carries 29 yards 2 Td's 1 catch for 12 yards: he was basically shutdown...Schaub goes 20 of 33 for 232 yards 0 Td's and 2 Int's and 1 Fum (recovered by Hou) Offense is 5 of 12 for 41% on 3rd downs. In the Reg season NE game Foster had 15 carries 46 yards 1 Td and 4 catches for 39 yards: he was slowed/contained...Schaub goes 19 of 32 for 232 yards 0 Td's 1 Int and 1 Fum (recovered by Hou) Offense is 4 of 14 for 28% on 3rd downs and 0 for 2 on 4th down . His bad performances mirror each other 8 weeks apart. But surely he stepped it up in the NE playoff game...NOPE Foster had 22 carries 90 yards and 1 Td with 7 catches for 63 yards and 1 Td: impressive foster game...Schaub still goes 34 of 51 for 343 yards 2 Td's 1 Int and 1 Fum (recovered by Hou) Offense is 4 of 15 for 26% on 3rd down and 3 for 4 on 4th down however both Td's are scored in garbage time the 1st 11:35 and the 2nd 5:11 in the 4th well after the game is decided the score was 38 to 13 before Schaud haad a Td pass. So while I was lazy with those facts I mentioned in early post the black and white is above you. Even if you keep your Hou blinders on Schaub hasn't proven my statements wrong at all since becoming the starter in Hou, there's nothing wrong with having a mid-tier qb but I'm glad we've got #12 Andrew Luck haha    

Well sure they *can*.

But will they? I would say no they won't. I think some things would need to happen such as us the Texans losing Foster/Schaub and not having their depth work out so we win the division and somehow get a bye in the first round; and then in the playoffs we would have to get fortunate and slip by people even at home.

I just want another playoff appearance and win. This is not our year to win a super bowl, it's really not. But we are getting close to the year when people will say it's our year.

I do think we are one of those few teams that can show up on any given sunday and beat anyone if they aren't careful. Anyone. Elite offenses, defense, anyone. That's a good thing bc there are only 2 or 3 or 4 teams in the entire league who can do that who aren't juggernauts.

Its Peyton's year this coming season.  Colts will be in it in 2 more years.

You can gloss over Schaub's poor performance against 2 elite qb's in 3 different games, but you can't change the facts haha. In the GB game Foster had 17 carries 29 yards 2 Td's 1 catch for 12 yards: he was basically shutdown...Schaub goes 20 of 33 for 232 yards 0 Td's and 2 Int's and 1 Fum (recovered by Hou) Offense is 5 of 12 for 41% on 3rd downs. In the Reg season NE game Foster had 15 carries 46 yards 1 Td and 4 catches for 39 yards: he was slowed/contained...Schaub goes 19 of 32 for 232 yards 0 Td's 1 Int and 1 Fum (recovered by Hou) Offense is 4 of 14 for 28% on 3rd downs and 0 for 2 on 4th down . His bad performances mirror each other 8 weeks apart. But surely he stepped it up in the NE playoff game...NOPE Foster had 22 carries 90 yards and 1 Td with 7 catches for 63 yards and 1 Td: impressive foster game...Schaub still goes 34 of 51 for 343 yards 2 Td's 1 Int and 1 Fum (recovered by Hou) Offense is 4 of 15 for 26% on 3rd down and 3 for 4 on 4th down however both Td's are scored in garbage time the 1st 11:35 and the 2nd 5:11 in the 4th well after the game is decided the score was 38 to 13 before Schaud haad a Td pass. So while I was lazy with those facts I mentioned in early post the black and white is above you. Even if you keep your Hou blinders on Schaub hasn't proven my statements wrong at all since becoming the starter in Hou, there's nothing wrong with having a mid-tier qb but I'm glad we've got #12 Andrew Luck haha    

Wow, you're not going to let this go, are you? Especially considering your flawed logic, it would be in your best interests. So you fault Schaub for losing to elite QBs while at the same time praising 12 when he has lost against guys such as Gabbert and Sanchez this season? I'm not going to waste the time looking it up, but Schaub has won games against elite QBs before. He has taken this team to a winning season without Arian and without a running game. I don't know how 343 yards and two TDs is a bad game, but if you want to count INTs, Manning threw 2 in his playoff loss as well. Yet he is revered for his performance. And you love the turnover argument, so considering that Andy Luck fumbled 10 times and threw 18 interceptions, by your logic,  he is not as "top-tier" as you think, and he certainly isn't elite. At least Schaub managed to score TDs this past postseason...our team is stacked and Schaub is only one piece. Yes, he is our QB, and we are doing fine with him. We won the division without him, we won it with him, either way, this team is ready for even more success in the future. I don't have any "blinders" on, definitely not nearly as much as you with your blue glasses. But I suppose you chose the name Rabid fan for a reason lol.

Wow, you're not going to let this go, are you? Especially considering your flawed logic, it would be in your best interests. So you fault Schaub for losing to elite QBs while at the same time praising 12 when he has lost against guys such as Gabbert and Sanchez this season? I'm not going to waste the time looking it up, but Schaub has won games against elite QBs before. He has taken this team to a winning season without Arian and without a running game. I don't know how 343 yards and two TDs is a bad game, but if you want to count INTs, Manning threw 2 in his playoff loss as well. Yet he is revered for his performance. And you love the turnover argument, so considering that Andy Luck fumbled 10 times and threw 18 interceptions, by your logic,  he is not as "top-tier" as you think, and he certainly isn't elite. At least Schaub managed to score TDs this past postseason...our team is stacked and Schaub is only one piece. Yes, he is our QB, and we are doing fine with him. We won the division without him, we won it with him, either way, this team is ready for even more success in the future. I don't have any "blinders" on, definitely not nearly as much as you with your blue glasses. But I suppose you chose the name Rabid fan for a reason lol.

haha I was just bored and thought I'd put some context to your previous post. And I don't think Andy with his near 30 turnovers last year is elite, but he does have the potential to be in the future. And Schaub beat peyton's broncos so I know he can beat elite qb's he just can't do it mostly passing if his team is behind. A skill that is needed sometimes in post season play, however Andy can and did most noticeably in the GB and Det games last year. We're not going to agree on this no matter what I dig up as proof haha, so enjoy your day and we'll settle this when the season starts and Andy reclaims the Afc South at the end of the year haha.

haha I was just bored and thought I'd put some context to your previous post. And I don't think Andy with his near 30 turnovers last year is elite, but he does have the potential to be in the future. And Schaub beat peyton's broncos so I know he can beat elite qb's he just can't do it mostly passing if his team is behind. A skill that is needed sometimes in post season play, however Andy can and did most noticeably in the GB and Det games last year. We're not going to agree on this no matter what I dig up as proof haha, so enjoy your day and we'll settle this when the season starts and Andy reclaims the Afc South at the end of the year haha.

Ah, but did Andy do it in the postseason? You're right about one thing, we are not going to agree on this lol. We'll see who retains the South when the season is over. ;)

Ah, but did Andy do it in the postseason? You're right about one thing, we are not going to agree on this lol. We'll see who retains the South when the season is over. ;)

Andy's was still a rookie no matter how talented he was given the pieces around him (except Wayne), I just think a vet like Schaub should have progressed better on this matter at this point in his career, if he wants a SB victory. We'll have a clearer picture on Andy's post season progress after the season. It'll be easier to judge Luck after his 2nd year, I'm not saying he's going to win this years SB but he has the skill sets to lead the Colts to a championship in the future.   

Andy's was still a rookie no matter how talented he was given the pieces around him (except Wayne), I just think a vet like Schaub should have progressed better on this matter at this point in his career, if he wants a SB victory. We'll have a clearer picture on Andy's post season progress after the season. It'll be easier to judge Luck after his 2nd year, I'm not saying he's going to win this years SB but he has the skill sets to lead the Colts to a championship in the future.   

As does Schaub. They were both "rookies" in the playoffs this year, by the way. Looking forward to some competitive games between the two of them for the next few years.

As does Schaub. They were both "rookies" in the playoffs this year, by the way. Looking forward to some competitive games between the two of them for the next few years.

I'm not talking strictly about the playoffs like you are, 2 of those 3 games were in the regular season in fact the regular season games were his worse performances. Luck was a true 1st year in the league period haha rookie last year, Schaub in his 10th year as been in the NFL for almost a decade and has been the starter in Hou since 2007 if I'm not mistaken. Luck gets the rookie benefit of the doubt, Schaub doesn't he's a seasoned vet of the NFL. But that's just my take on the whole situation, it's like Shancez in NY who lost the benefit of the doubt because he's in his 5th year he should be playing a lot better now.     

I'm not talking strictly about the playoffs like you are, 2 of those 3 games were in the regular season in fact the regular season games were his worse performances. Luck was a true 1st year in the league period haha rookie last year, Schaub in his 10th year as been in the NFL for almost a decade and has been the starter in Hou since 2007 if I'm not mistaken. Luck gets the rookie benefit of the doubt, Schaub doesn't he's a seasoned vet of the NFL. But that's just my take on the whole situation, it's like Shancez in NY who lost the benefit of the doubt because he's in his 5th year he should be playing a lot better now.     

Right. So Andy Luck is above mid-tier, yet his mistakes are to be ignored because he is a rookie. Right. And you're pulling the whole those 2 games were his worst performance thing right out of your behind. But whatever. Say what you want, believe what you want. Matt Schaub is a good quarterback and I expect him to lead this team to at least one title. Then we'll insert Yates or maybe draft another guy. Heck, maybe we'll pull a Washington and put Klein in for a read-option offense. Lol. Again, we will see who does better the next few years.

Well sure they *can*.

But will they? I would say no they won't. I think some things would need to happen such as us the Texans losing Foster/Schaub and not having their depth work out so we win the division and somehow get a bye in the first round; and then in the playoffs we would have to get fortunate and slip by people even at home.

I just want another playoff appearance and win. This is not our year to win a super bowl, it's really not. But we are getting close to the year when people will say it's our year.

I do think we are one of those few teams that can show up on any given sunday and beat anyone if they aren't careful. Anyone. Elite offenses, defense, anyone. That's a good thing bc there are only 2 or 3 or 4 teams in the entire league who can do that who aren't juggernauts.

If we have a good enough record for a 1st round bye, Houston will have been an afterthought for weeks, IMO.. I do think that the Texans are a playoff team, but of a completely different (and lower) caliber than teams like Denver and NE (even with no Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk)... If we do have the bye (which I highly doubt) Houston will probably be our first round matchup and their record in Indy is not very pretty to say the least...

also, Houston has quality depth behind Foster.. and Shaub is not great to begin with (it is much easier to post decent passer ratings with a ferocious run game).. I think they are still a playoff team if either one of those two end up on IR, but they would need as much luck/help as we would to win the SB...

Right. So Andy Luck is above mid-tier, yet his mistakes are to be ignored because he is a rookie. Right. And you're pulling the whole those 2 games were his worst performance thing right out of your behind. But whatever. Say what you want, believe what you want. Matt Schaub is a good quarterback and I expect him to lead this team to at least one title. Then we'll insert Yates or maybe draft another guy. Heck, maybe we'll pull a Washington and put Klein in for a read-option offense. Lol. Again, we will see who does better the next few years.

I never ranked Luck you did, I said he has potential to lead the colts to a championship. It's hard to rank his skill set until year 3 or 4 of his career when there's more to his body of work in the NFL. There's still issues of consistency with Luck, his struggles to finish drives, get rid of the ball instead of holding it too long, accuracy issues which led to a few picks with over and under throws, these things aren't being ignored but Luck got the rookie benefit of the doubt which is different from ignoring his issues. Plus Arians offense put Luck in a tough position since he was always trying to drive the ball down field with a terrible Oline (one of the most pressured qb's last season) and mostly rookies at the skill positions on offense. Not to mention the unknown of if Luck will be good year in and out like Peyton was, we both know success in the NFL isn't a given. For all we know Luck could regress ( I highly doubt it haha) but that's a possibility none the less. And since Schaub technically played better ( 2 garbage time TD's) in the NE playoff game out of the 2 NE games and the GB game those 2 regular season games were worse than his playoff performance. And once again I never said Schaub wasn't a good qb you assumed that I think that because I called him a mid-tier qb, which there's nothing wrong with, but Schaub isn't an elite qb. An elite qb doesn't need a run game every week to win I don't think you can say that about Schaub. And putting up big yards but still losing the game (2007-2009), which is what Schaub did before Foster came along doesn't make you an elite qb. Luck as a rookie showed he doesn't need a run game every week to win games in the NFL, it would help but I'm confident that if a defense shutdown our rushing attack Luck could still pull out a win. I'm not sure the same thing can be said of Schaub at this point, in fact if Foster and Tate went down for the year the Hou offense, which uses the run to set up play-action passes would grind to a halt like it did in 2 of those 3 games I've been mentioning. Again I don't expect you to see my point of view simply because your a Hou fan but the reality of the situation is that Schaub is not an elite qb and needs people around him to do their part in order for him to be successful. Like they say a great or elite qb can make those around him better and elevate their game, I don't think Schaub has that ability. And as far as Hou winning a SB they should be able to on paper with all the talent they have on both sides of the ball, Rick Smith has built a great team he's just missing a good head coach and an elite qb. Because before wade phillips got hired Gary was on his way out the door, wade saved his job by fixing and bringing the best out of the defense.       

I never ranked Luck you did, I said he has potential to lead the colts to a championship. It's hard to rank his skill set until year 3 or 4 of his career when there's more to his body of work in the NFL. There's still issues of consistency with Luck, his struggles to finish drives, get rid of the ball instead of holding it too long, accuracy issues which led to a few picks with over and under throws, these things aren't being ignored but Luck got the rookie benefit of the doubt which is different from ignoring his issues. Plus Arians offense put Luck in a tough position since he was always trying to drive the ball down field with a terrible Oline (one of the most pressured qb's last season) and mostly rookies at the skill positions on offense. Not to mention the unknown of if Luck will be good year in and out like Peyton was, we both know success in the NFL isn't a given. For all we know Luck could regress ( I highly doubt it haha) but that's a possibility none the less. And since Schaub technically played better ( 2 garbage time TD's) in the NE playoff game out of the 2 NE games and the GB game those 2 regular season games were worse than his playoff performance. And once again I never said Schaub wasn't a good qb you assumed that I think that because I called him a mid-tier qb, which there's nothing wrong with, but Schaub isn't an elite qb. An elite qb doesn't need a run game every week to win I don't think you can say that about Schaub. And putting up big yards but still losing the game (2007-2009), which is what Schaub did before Foster came along doesn't make you an elite qb. Luck as a rookie showed he doesn't need a run game every week to win games in the NFL, it would help but I'm confident that if a defense shutdown our rushing attack Luck could still pull out a win. I'm not sure the same thing can be said of Schaub at this point, in fact if Foster and Tate went down for the year the Hou offense, which uses the run to set up play-action passes would grind to a halt like it did in 2 of those 3 games I've been mentioning. Again I don't expect you to see my point of view simply because your a Hou fan but the reality of the situation is that Schaub is not an elite qb and needs people around him to do their part in order for him to be successful. Like they say a great or elite qb can make those around him better and elevate their game, I don't think Schaub has that ability. And as far as Hou winning a SB they should be able to on paper with all the talent they have on both sides of the ball, Rick Smith has built a great team he's just missing a good head coach and an elite qb. Because before wade phillips got hired Gary was on his way out the door, wade saved his job by fixing and bringing the best out of the defense.       

No. You will never hear me calling Schaub elite. You did, however, say that Schaub is mid-tier and that 12 is above him, which would be, you know, top-tier. And again...Schaub put up yardage and led us to a winning season without a run game lol.  Not sure how many times I have to repeat that. I only mention that because since he has done it before I think that he will be able to do it again. I think we will see a lot of good football between our two QBs, hopefully forming a good rivalry.

No. You will never hear me calling Schaub elite. You did, however, say that Schaub is mid-tier and that 12 is above him, which would be, you know, top-tier. And again...Schaub put up yardage and led us to a winning season without a run game lol.  Not sure how many times I have to repeat that. I only mention that because since he has done it before I think that he will be able to do it again. I think we will see a lot of good football between our two QBs, hopefully forming a good rivalry.

If I did say Luck is ranked above Schaub I misspoke since we won't know for another 2-3 years, you can't really compare a 2nd year qb to a 10 year vet. However seeing what Luck did his rookie year he has the potential to be better than Schaub, that I have no doubts about (of course i'm biased haha) but at this point you can't compare the two. I did say I'd rather have Luck as my franchise qb over Schaub, which I completely stand by. Those "winning" seasons 2007 8-8, 2008 8-8, 2009 9-7, (pre-Foster) 2010 6-10, 2011 10-6, and 2012 12-4 with exception to the last 2 seasons are nothing to be that proud about haha. In the Schaub era (45-39 win/lose record) in Hou the team has been about average again with the exception of the last 2 seasons in which the defense and rb play not the qb play improved greatly. Like I said Schaub needs help to be successful that's why I give him the mid-tier grade because he doesn't make those around him better. In historical terms I'd say Schaub is like Warren Moon, they can put up big number but won't bring a championship home. And not to be mean though at this point that's probably just a formality haha, I don't see a good qb rivalry forming between Luck and Schaub. I can totally see a good Colts vs. Texans rivalry forming but it won't happen because Schaub beats us with his arm alone.  

If I did say Luck is ranked above Schaub I misspoke since we won't know for another 2-3 years, you can't really compare a 2nd year qb to a 10 year vet. However seeing what Luck did his rookie year he has the potential to be better than Schaub, that I have no doubts about (of course i'm biased haha) but at this point you can't compare the two. I did say I'd rather have Luck as my franchise qb over Schaub, which I completely stand by. Those "winning" seasons 2007 8-8, 2008 8-8, 2009 9-7, (pre-Foster) 2010 6-10, 2011 10-6, and 2012 12-4 with exception to the last 2 seasons are nothing to be that proud about haha. In the Schaub era (45-39 win/lose record) in Hou the team has been about average again with the exception of the last 2 seasons in which the defense and rb play not the qb play improved greatly. Like I said Schaub needs help to be successful that's why I give him the mid-tier grade because he doesn't make those around him better. In historical terms I'd say Schaub is like Warren Moon, they can put up big number but won't bring a championship home. And not to be mean though at this point that's probably just a formality haha, I don't see a good qb rivalry forming between Luck and Schaub. I can totally see a good Colts vs. Texans rivalry forming but it won't happen because Schaub beats us with his arm alone.  

When I said I was hoping for a rivalry to form, I was talking about Texans/Colts, not Schaub/12. Schaub is much too older for anything to happen there. Whoever our next QB is, whether he is on the roster or in college, will be the one hopefully leading this team years down the road in a competitive South, including the Titans.

When I said I was hoping for a rivalry to form, I was talking about Texans/Colts, not Schaub/12. Schaub is much too older for anything to happen there. Whoever our next QB is, whether he is on the roster or in college, will be the one hopefully leading this team years down the road in a competitive South, including the Titans.

Oh. Yeah maybe I could see that but I think that depends on if the Texans hang on to Rick Smith ( he may be a Kubiak causality if your owner is stupid and fires both of them after a bad season hypothically of course haha) he's a good GM and good talent scout hopefully like Grigson continues to grow into. And the titans depends on who the qb is because the titans have piece in place they just need a solid qb to take them to the next level.

Oh. Yeah maybe I could see that but I think that depends on if the Texans hang on to Rick Smith ( he may be a Kubiak causality if your owner is stupid and fires both of them after a bad season hypothically of course haha) he's a good GM and good talent scout hopefully like Grigson continues to grow into. And the titans depends on who the qb is because the titans have piece in place they just need a solid qb to take them to the next level.

Yeah, I don't see them getting rid of Rick anytime soon haha. Especially if his vision pans out and we make it to the promised land soon. And the Titans are closer than a lot of people think. Jake Locker is the wild card. If he lives up to his first-round status, then they will be pushing both of our teams lol.

Yeah, I don't see them getting rid of Rick anytime soon haha. Especially if his vision pans out and we make it to the promised land soon. And the Titans are closer than a lot of people think. Jake Locker is the wild card. If he lives up to his first-round status, then they will be pushing both of our teams lol.

Great observation and so true haha. A part me want him to pan out so the AFC South becomes more competitive. The Peyton era was awesome but the AFC South lacked good division wide competition most of the time Peyton was with Indy haha. Jag's Blaine is not the answer, if the Jags get a qb before they waste the rest of MJD's career we could have some decent excitement going forward. But I'm hoping the new Jags owner builds a solid organization so Indy has to work hard for their future wins haha. It's been awhile since the AFC South had 3 competitive teams.