Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl Champs

unitaswestand

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the winning the division part is funny at times to me, if we win it then great but if we don't then we still can make the playoffs and make noise. Is it tougher on the road? Heck yes, but sometimes Texans fan and some of us argue too much on the AFC South thing. Do I favor us? Yes. But, would I be surprised if we don't win the division either? No. But, do I think we make the playoffs anyway? Yes.

BTW there is this guy named Aaron Rodgers who became a Super Bowl MVP BEFORE his team even won a division title with him.....any many consider him the best QB in the league now.

I think the Colts can win the Super Bowl this year.   For a couple of reasons:

1) Since we don't have a lot of players who eat up most of the cap, we are able to have more mid level players at all positions.  If you look at our squad, I don't think there is a position you can say "Yeah, we are really bad there".  We are solid at every position.  In some areas, very good. This might not seem like much, but in this day and age of free agency, almost every team has some weakness. Especially teams who get top heavy.  The last few years of the Manning Colts, we had 8 really good players, and then a bunch of guys to fill out the roster.   That becomes more of the norm.

2) Given, we had an easy schedule last year and got some breaks in games.  However, we were a very flawed team last year and still won 11 games.  With the talent brought in for free agency, from the draft, and players who are healthy like Chapman and hopefully Angerer, the talent has been taken up a few notches I believe.

3) Pagano is a players coach and inspires people to follow him.   This is a guy who will make an impression on players 15 years ago who still talk about him.   He has a great blend of fire and compassion,while having a wealth of football knowledge.  He is the perfect coach for this team and will lead them to great things.  And I think Pep Hamilton's offense will make a HUGE difference to Red Zone scoring and offensive efficiency.

4) Andrew Luck's is a special talent.   Not saying anything new here.  But he showed last year he comes alive when the game is on the line.  And it is not often you get a QB who can run like he can as well as being a good pocket passing QB who can read defenses and go through progressions so quickly.

I think the Colts are going to shock the league this year.  I am predicting right now that we win the Super Bowl next year.  Having been a fan for 35 years, I see something special about these team and its leaders.

Note:  I know the forum Nazi's will come in and say "I would like to see {fill in blank} play a little before predicting...".  Yeah, got that.  But the whole point of the forum is to talk about the Colts and speculate.

Your fandom as run away with your common sense. Do I think the Colts will be better this year? Yes. Do I think they will match last years record. No. I expect something like 8-8 and 6-10 would not be a big shock.

Your fandom as run away with your common sense. Do I think the Colts will be better this year? Yes. Do I think they will match last years record. No. I expect something like 8-8 and 6-10 would not be a big shock.

He is closer than you are

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe......

Save up for those big game tickets bro."

:P

Make the playoffs. Then ANYTHING can happen......anything. Who knows right? We have seen a lot as Colts fans over so many years.

I will say this, I tend to get less upset if my team loses on the road as an underdog. If you have the home playoff game the pressure is much more ON......especially if you have a bye week. Your own personal expectations get higher too and it is a much bigger letdown if you lose at home.

Besides I still believe the AFC is more OPEN then people sometimes ackonwledge. It's not just a Manning/Brady show even though the regular seasons often say otherwise. Ravens showed us last year once again.....

Last time a Brady led team won it all it was following the 2004 season. Last time a Peyton led team won it all it was following the 2006 season. The next Super Bowl is in 2014. Time she is changing perhaps.......last year was the first year the trend of Manning/Brady/Roethlisberger was broken since 2002 in terms of the QB of the AFC Champions. Heck yes, even Schaub is in the conversation guys.....nobody might love the guy or think much of him but look what Flacco did too. It might be more OPEN then you think when the chips are on the table later.

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe......

Save up for those big game tickets bro."

:P

Make the playoffs. Then ANYTHING can happen......anything. Who knows right? We have seen a lot as Colts fans over so many years.

I will say this, I tend to get less upset if my team loses on the road as an underdog. If you have the home playoff game the pressure is much more ON......especially if you have a bye week. Your own personal expectations get higher too and it is a much bigger letdown if you lose at home.

Besides I still believe the AFC is more OPEN then people sometimes ackonwledge. It's not just a Manning/Brady show even though the regular seasons often say otherwise. Ravens showed us last year once again.....

Last time a Brady led team won it all it was following the 2004 season. Last time a Peyton led team won it all it was following the 2006 season. The next Super Bowl is in 2014. Time she is changing perhaps.......last year was the first year the trend of Manning/Brady/Roethlisberger was broken since 2002 in terms of the QB of the AFC Champions. Heck yes, even Schaub is in the conversation guys.....nobody might love the guy or think much of him but look what Flacco did too. It might be more OPEN then you think when the chips are on the table later.

Well said!

We beat every playoff team we faced last year with the exception of the Patriots and are considered one of the top dogs in the AFC, arguably better than the gutted Ravens and certainly the Broncos (two teams we beat by the way). I read the posts and optimism all the time on this board but it puzzles me that some seem to think winning the division will be a cakewalk. We all but swept the division last year but for one game. I think things will be very competitive in the South this year. But all of this is just talk. The boys will distinguish themselves from the men when the season comes around buddy. Come on September!! :)

Certainly better then the broncos?? That's a bold statement

Not really. I don't know if you've seen a lot of my other posts but I'm no huge Broncos fan as I once was. In my opinion they are overrated but maybe they can prove otherwise this year.

I agree you are a very good team, and Foster and Andre Johnson are just straight up beasts, but Ed Reed is clearly not what he used to be, and I honestly think the Colts may be the better team this year, Foster won't have much fun running the ball with LaRon Landry coming down hill with a head of steam

He won't have much fun with Chapman in there either. 

I think the Colts can win the Super Bowl this year.   For a couple of reasons:

1) Since we don't have a lot of players who eat up most of the cap, we are able to have more mid level players at all positions.  If you look at our squad, I don't think there is a position you can say "Yeah, we are really bad there".  We are solid at every position.  In some areas, very good. This might not seem like much, but in this day and age of free agency, almost every team has some weakness. Especially teams who get top heavy.  The last few years of the Manning Colts, we had 8 really good players, and then a bunch of guys to fill out the roster.   That becomes more of the norm.

2) Given, we had an easy schedule last year and got some breaks in games.  However, we were a very flawed team last year and still won 11 games.  With the talent brought in for free agency, from the draft, and players who are healthy like Chapman and hopefully Angerer, the talent has been taken up a few notches I believe.

3) Pagano is a players coach and inspires people to follow him.   This is a guy who will make an impression on players 15 years ago who still talk about him.   He has a great blend of fire and compassion,while having a wealth of football knowledge.  He is the perfect coach for this team and will lead them to great things.  And I think Pep Hamilton's offense will make a HUGE difference to Red Zone scoring and offensive efficiency.

4) Andrew Luck's is a special talent.   Not saying anything new here.  But he showed last year he comes alive when the game is on the line.  And it is not often you get a QB who can run like he can as well as being a good pocket passing QB who can read defenses and go through progressions so quickly.

I think the Colts are going to shock the league this year.  I am predicting right now that we win the Super Bowl next year.  Having been a fan for 35 years, I see something special about these team and its leaders.

Note:  I know the forum Nazi's will come in and say "I would like to see {fill in blank} play a little before predicting...".  Yeah, got that.  But the whole point of the forum is to talk about the Colts and speculate.

Sounds like you're actually a fan and have actually followed the Colts this off season unlike most people on here. 

Not really. I don't know if you've seen a lot of my other posts but I'm no huge Broncos fan as I once was. In my opinion they are overrated but maybe they can prove otherwise this year.

Ahh ok they are overrated but I still think their a better team then the texans cause they have Peyton manning

Don't know why you put the Texans there like they're a boulder in our way. They're really not that good. Put the game on Schaubs shoulders, you're guaranteed a Win. Stop Foster, you stop the Texans offense. Protect your quarterback, you torch their defense. Sure they added Ed Reed now but his dysfunctional hip self won't really boost that secondary too much. We're taking the division back this year and that's all there is to it

We beat them once last year and why are they any better this year. 

Ahh ok they are overrated but I still think their a better team then the texans cause they have Peyton manning

We beat them with Peyton Manning already, wouldn't be surprised if we did it again this season.

We had a few injuries that game and no I'm not making excuses for what happened. We just straight up played bad, inexcusable. But saying that we aren't good is a little off base. A lot of other teams besides the Colts and Texans improved this year too.

But the GB and 2 games at NE didn't help the Texan's perception as a dominant team that can win a SB, both of those teams embarrassed the Oline and shut down foster. Matt couldn't pick up the slack, although the rookie wr should give him a better 2nd/3rd option behind johnson and daniels. With that said without PA and a ground game Matt has shown he can't get it done by himself, he won't win a shootout with any top qb's. And I think Luck proved last year he's knocking on the door of elite status he probably needs another year maybe two, before he's comfortable with the speed of the game and his reads. 

I missed that on the first read.  Bold indeed!  I am sure that the statement was based in part on beating the Broncos in the 3rd game of the season last year.  By the time Houston plays the Broncos this season, they will probably have "just" lost the division to the Colts.  "Certainly" is not a word I would have used.

As much as I love dissing the Texans, I think they will be a harder team to stop on the offensive side of theball this year. I don't think they will be so one dimensional at WR as they were last year. The second year guys are coming back with more experience and it's looking like they are sure to get a contribution out of Hopkins this year. If they are able to shore up the right side of the O-line that will help them even more. On paper it seems they are much improved in the secondary. Specifically at the safety position with Swearinger and Reed. Daniel Manning doesn't scare me too much, but thats a solid group back there. Joseph and Williams still don't strike too much fear in me, but they are solid. I think their pass rush will be even strongerthis year with the additions of Montgomery and Williams. Not to mention a second year Mercilus who should show improvement. Even more pressure can be sent from the ILB with Cushing and Brooks Reed.

With that being said, I think we are well equipped to keep them where they belong. SECOND PLACE

But the GB and 2 games at NE didn't help the Texan's perception as a dominant team that can win a SB, both of those teams embarrassed the Oline and shut down foster. Matt couldn't pick up the slack, although the rookie wr should give him a better 2nd/3rd option behind johnson and daniels. With that said without PA and a ground game Matt has shown he can't get it done by himself, he won't win a shootout with any top qb's. And I think Luck proved last year he's knocking on the door of elite status he probably needs another year maybe two, before he's comfortable with the speed of the game and his reads.

Every team has growing pains. The Broncos losing to every playoff team they faced and 12 squeezing the ball and losing to teams like the Jets and Jaguars doesn't help perceptions either. See what I did there?

I missed that on the first read. Bold indeed! I am sure that the statement was based in part on beating the Broncos in the 3rd game of the season last year. By the time Houston plays the Broncos this season, they will probably have "just" lost the division to the Colts. "Certainly" is not a word I would have used.

Now that's a bold statement right there.

Every team has growing pains. The Broncos losing to every playoff team they faced and 12 squeezing the ball and losing to teams like the Jets and Jaguars doesn't help perceptions either. See what I did there?

Luck didn't loose the Jags game, the Colts did. If I was to go into detail though our secondary lost us that game. Plus as I've mentioned before they did score 30 sum on ya'll in a game ya'll just barely screeched a W in(Which I'm sure you can agree ya'll had as little business winning that game as they did loosing that game haha. You score 30 points and the odds are you're going to win that game. I don't pay too much attention to the Jags outside of when we play them but I am pretty sure that was their highest score total all season haha.

Luck didn't loose the Jags game, the Colts did. If I was to go into detail though our secondary lost us that game. Plus as I've mentioned before they did score 30 sum on ya'll in a game ya'll just barely screeched a W in(Which I'm sure you can agree ya'll had as little business winning that game as they did loosing that game haha. You score 30 points and the odds are you're going to win that game. I don't pay too much attention to the Jags outside of when we play them but I am pretty sure that was their highest score total all season haha.

I was just making a point. I just found it hypocritical that he can say we can't be dominant or be taken seriously when we lost to great teams like the Patriots and Packers while at the same time touting the Colts when they lost to teams like the Jaguars and Jets lol. Plus we were going against Henne, someone we didn't plan for. And whether we deserved it or not it is still a win haha I do agree that teams as a whole deserve blame for losses but we know that quarterbacks are always attributed to wins and losses, just the way it goes lol. Hoping for a competitive South next year. :thmup:

if the jags win it you should do that

haha See the post at the top of this second page...I would have to do the most extreme thing possible if Jacksonville wins it. Assuming I haven't already succumbed to the zombie apocalypse.

As opposed to the stellar play of the offensive and defensive lines.....

You trying to take him out of the equation? Those other things are obvious as well. Arians himself said Luck played like a straight rookie in that game. Most everyone on the forum felt the same way on that day. His multiple turnovers, and sacks from holding the ball too long were a big factor. It wasn't all his fault but he certainly was a big part.

You trying to take him out of the equation? Those other things are obvious as well. Arians himself said Luck played like a straight rookie in that game. Most everyone on the forum felt the same way on that day. His multiple turnovers, and sacks from holding the ball too long were a big factor. It wasn't all his fault but he certainly was a big part.

No, I'm not the attempting to take him out of the equation. I just thought it odd to single out one person. I just thought that game was the worst team effort of the year. The offensive line was horrid, the defense made shon green look like a HOF.....and Arians playing calling when down 25 with a few minutes to go was horrendous.

No, I'm not the attempting to take him out of the equation. I just thought it odd to single out one person. I just thought that game was the worst team effort of the year. The offensive line was horrid, the defense made shon green look like a HOF.....and Arians playing calling when down 25 with a few minutes to go was horrendous.

Yes it was a bad game in general for the team. But the turnovers and multiple sailed passes are what stuckme in the gut. The run defense was clearly terrible as well, but it certainly didn't help a unit that was getting punched in the mouth for the offense to be quickly going three and out and also the interceptions. It should have been a bigger blowout than it was if a couple of Chromarties picks didn't get called back.

I guess I look at it like this.We played the Super Bowl champions in the playoffs and the score didn't reflect the game.   We couldn't score in the red zone or stop the bombs to Boldin.   But I believe we are a MUCH better team this year.    And we have remedied those things.   Arians offense is good for long, exciting plays, but not so good inside the red zone.    Hamilton will bring a more efficient offense that should be more effective in the red zone.   Secondly, adding Toler and Laundry should make for a much improved secondary.

So I stand by it. The Colts will shock the world and win the Super Bowl.This is not a team of 8 great players and 45 fillers. This is a solid team at all positions that will work together.

You clearly are not demonstrating common sense with this post! 8-8 or 6-10? You can't be serious. Yeah Right!

You clearly are not demonstrating common sense with this post! 8-8 or 6-10? You can't be serious. Yeah Right!

6-10 would be a worst case scenario but I can certainly see them at 8-8 or 9-7. I am very serious. I think many people expect them to come back a bit from last year when they way overachieved.

Weird topic - a forum for Colts fans to beat on their chests a little i guess huh.

Well - unfortunately for the OP & those that agree with him - this isnt basketball. The Super Bowl cannot be won in June.

Winning it all is only about 1) making the playoffs  & 2) going into the playoffs firing on all cylinders.

All playoff seeds have won it all before so winning division - record - offensive/defensive rank - coach - & depth at FB position doesnt matter.  

That & injuries make it impossible to predict a season.

I think alot of our anxiety about how good we can be comes from knowing how bad we could be right now. Its like we were the best team for 10 years then all of a sudden had the perfect bad season to draft the QB that will give us another 10 years. Luck or not - it could have been alot worse. KC couldnt even find a QB in the draft.

Accept who we are - its OK - we are the best young contender. We are moving towards our 5 year window of opportunity while todays contenters are spending theirs up. Relax - our future is bright.

Oh Peyton shot too bad i don't care anymore haha...and Luck while he had an amazing year was still a rookie who in his first year put an inexperienced offense (except reggie) on his back and led his team to the playoffs. How long was Matt in Houston before he got them to the playoffs? See what I just did there using facts to point out Matt's inability to put the team on his back. I'm not saying Matt is terrible, but I'm glad he's not my franchise's qb haha 

Oh Peyton shot too bad i don't care anymore haha...and Luck while he had an amazing year was still a rookie who in his first year put an inexperienced offense (except reggie) on his back and led his team to the playoffs. How long was Matt in Houston before he got them to the playoffs? See what I just did there using facts to point out Matt's inability to put the team on his back. I'm not saying Matt is terrible, but I'm glad he's not my franchise's qb haha

Peyton shot? What do I care about him, he's not in the division anymore lol. I'm glad that you're glad. Because I'm also glad that I'm glad too. But you didn't use any facts. All you did was ask how long it took for Schaub to get to the playoffs, which really isn't necessarily about "putting the team" on one's back. We will see which of the two makes the most out of all the playoff visits they have in the future.

Oh dear god. This has to be one of worst posts I've ever read.

Third-party-facepalm.jpg