Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach Power Rankings

illdubb

Yes, there was a thread made the other day still....five months after the fact people are still bringing up. If you dont think it was a topic you are delusional. And of course there were homer type posts....this is a Colts fan forum. What did you expect " the Colts are going to be one and done, they shouldn't even show up".

Homerism and overestimation to the point of blind, unsubstantiated arrogance are two completely different things. And peoples emotions have changed since the loss and subsequent FA. If someone had made a thread downplaying the season in January/December he would have been mobbed. But whatever.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Homerism and overestimation to the point of blind, unsubstantiated arrogance are two completely different things. And peoples emotions have changed since the loss and subsequent FA. If someone had made a thread downplaying the season in January/December he would have been mobbed. But whatever.

I'm going to heed my own advice.

Until Chuck Pagano wins an AFC Division title, Kubiack is anything, but awful. Tell me Jshipp23, what division banner or hardware have the Colts won exactly? You have to give Kubiak credit sir. It's not crazy. It's reality.

If I'm not mistaken, we also got knocked out of the Playoffs too in the 1st round, did we not? Give Coach Kubiak some props...

He won 2 years when the division was terrible...That's over now, Colts will be 1st followed by Titans and then the Texans...Texans had a great o-line, 1 of the top rb, top 5 wr, best defensive player in the game and all they did was win a weak division and beat the bengals in the playoffs...

Cheap points? I made a point and there is no counter to it. I guess there aren't many "level-headed" fans. So were you a good team or a bad team? There's no in between and depending on the argument it shifts according to the poster, which is what I was saying. It's pure manipulating, akin to cherry picking. Sure you could get better, but you could also regress. Who knows. The people who use reason recognize this. Others, the people who say the team was really good and make excuses for every loss/division title loss, and who think the Colts will automatically go 12-4 or 13-3 due to new players on the team, are the ones who don't.

I just think he makes a good point that a lot our fans think we are a Superbowl contender then when someone points out our negative aspects of last season we like to go the opposite way and point out the adversities our team faced. Not everyone thinks we overachieved or we wouldn't have so many people complain when we don't make the top 10 in the power rankings.

I get what QuizBoy is saying: The Colts either are a team on the rise with SB aspirations or they can't win division titles & people use the tagline look how far we have come though. He's right. You can't have it both ways: A team with no banners to show for it is nothing to brag about & we didn't exactly make it to the AFC Championship Game either. It's like a woman being pregnant. You either are or you are not. There is no middle ground here. I don't give a darn about "over achieving" that's semantics & a pointless argument in my book. Either you win division banners or you don't. That's the Colts standard here: Banners & trophies. Everything else means nothing. 

We have a lot of work to do & we have won nothing. Yes, we could regress. There's no guarantee we will leap forward. Just because Luck is familiar with our new OC that doesn't mean the rest of the offense will gel that quickly. Call me crazy, but I give props to the Texans who won back to back division title & season records don't mean bleep to me. So, we won 11 games? So what. I want banners. I want Championships. Texans won banners; we haven't won a darn thing. JMO.

Lol you name one bad playcall and say he is horrible. Always downplaying the Texans. Bet he'll coach a championship team before a lot of these other coaches. The pieces are here and the time is now.

Uh, no.  The time for the Texans was 2011, but unfortunately injuries submarined that season.  This is the NFL and windows close quick, and the Texans window clearly started closing the middle of last season.  They are still weak at QB, OL, NT & the ILB position opposite Brian Cushing, so i'm not sure why you'd think the "pieces are here".  The secondary will be vulnerable as long as that hasbeen Wade Phillips is there.  That old man loves to overuse the blitz leaving his cb's one on one seemingly every play.  That is why elite quarterbacks absolutely torch the Texans. 

And Gary Kubiak?  lol.....all one needs to do is watch how his team performs in big games.  Kubiak has shown absolutely no evidence whatsoever of being a championship head coach.  He's proven to be decidedly mediocre in his 7 years as head coach.

Uh, no. The time for the Texans was 2011, but unfortunately injuries submarined that season. This is the NFL and windows close quick, and the Texans window clearly started closing the middle of last season. They are still weak at QB, OL, NT & the ILB position opposite Brian Cushing, so i'm not sure why you'd think the "pieces are here". The secondary will be vulnerable as long as that hasbeen Wade Phillips is there. That old man loves to overuse the blitz leaving his cb's one on one seemingly every play. That is why elite quarterbacks absolutely torch the Texans.

And Gary Kubiak? lol.....all one needs to do is watch how his team performs in big games. Kubiak has shown absolutely no evidence whatsoever of being a championship head coach. He's proven to be decidedly mediocre in his 7 years as head coach.

QB-check. OL- check. ILB-maybe. Cushing is coming back and we got Hugh draft grades and made significant FA signings. Our window ain't closing anytime soon. Phillips took this defensr from 32nd to first in one year and he does more than blitz. Shows how much Texan football you watch. This could be the year. The division is a lock and as long as we can get past the Patriots I think we will go all the way. We will see just how bad this secondary is when Mr. Interception gets to play Reed, Swearinger, and JoJo all together. I'm not going to even get into your signings and the overconfidence in a lot of career back-ups around here but whatever. We will see what windows close in the next few years. Like you said, this is the NFL...better watch out.

Oh yeah and at this point of time Kubiak>>Pagano. Don't insult my coach when yours hasn't done anything yet.

QB-check. OL- check. ILB-maybe. Cushing is coming back and we got Hugh draft grades and made significant FA signings. Our window ain't closing anytime soon. Phillips took this defensr from 32nd to first in one year and he does more than blitz. Shows how much Texan football you watch. This could be the year. The division is a lock and as long as we can get past the Patriots I think we will go all the way. We will see just how bad this secondary is when Mr. Interception gets to play Reed, Swearinger, and JoJo all together. I'm not going to even get into your signings and the overconfidence in a lot of career back-ups around here but whatever. We will see what windows close in the next few years. Like you said, this is the NFL...better watch out.

Oh yeah and at this point of time Kubiak>>Pagano. Don't insult my coach when yours hasn't done anything yet.

lmao....Really???

I get what QuizBoy is saying: The Colts either are a team on the rise with SB aspirations or they can't win division titles & people use the tagline look how far we have come though. He's right. You can't have it both ways: A team with no banners to show for it is nothing to brag about & we didn't exactly make it to the AFC Championship Game either. It's like a woman being pregnant. You either are or you are not. There is no middle ground here. I don't give a darn about "over achieving" that's semantics & a pointless argument in my book. Either you win division banners or you don't. That's the Colts standard here: Banners & trophies. Everything else means nothing. 

We have a lot of work to do & we have won nothing. Yes, we could regress. There's no guarantee we will leap forward. Just because Luck is familiar with our new OC that doesn't mean the rest of the offense will gel that quickly. Call me crazy, but I give props to the Texans who won back to back division title & season records don't mean bleep to me. So, we won 11 games? So what. I want banners. I want Championships. Texans won banners; we haven't won a darn thing. JMO.

You want Championships and banners. They are on the way. We have won more banners than the Texans have even been a team. But you seem to really downplay our team.  We are a very good young team and will improve even more this year.  And yes we have won something, more banners than any other team in the afc south. Franklin County thinks we will win the division this season.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 6, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, June 6, 2013 - personal argument

Im gonna tell your mom you are on her laptop again.....

Sorry about hurting your feelings.  Obviously I struck a chord with you.

And what does Chuck Pagano and or the Colts have to do with anything? My response pertained to Gary Kubiak and the Houston Texans.  Gary Kubiak has the same mediocre career record & mediocre coaching acumen regardless of what Chuck Pagano does......lol

Your insecurity is incredibly transparent......you might want to tone it down a bit.  Have a great day.

Im gonna tell your mom you are on her laptop again.....

Ah, the old childhood insult. Tell your mom I'll see her tonight Frankie. ;)

Sorry about hurting your feelings. Obviously I struck a chord with you.

And what does Chuck Pagano and or the Colts have to do with anything? My response pertained to Gary Kubiak and the Houston Texans. Gary Kubiak has the same mediocre career record & mediocre coaching acumen regardless of what Chuck Pagano does......lol

Your insecurity is incredibly transparent......you might want to tone it down a bit. Have a great day.

Right, because I'm the one that quoted you looking for a fight. I'm not insecure at all lol. I know how good my team is. And my coach. Talk to me when you can get a title again, buddy. Go trash talk RG or something to get your insecurity frustration out.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 6, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, June 6, 2013 - personal shot

lmao....Really???

This is what myself and the majority of posters here say everytime we read your posts. I seriously crack up when I read the nonsense you post everyday.

Roflmbo wow REALLY???

Pagano is about where he should be, although there are coaches with more victories below him.  He is an unknown head coach as far as wins/losses tenure etc.  Only time will tell and I thought he would even be lower on the list.  I just hope he isn't too nice of a coach, i'd like some meanness and hollering but of course less than I do for wins. 

Blind HOMERISM at its finest.  How did that work out for ya in Indy last year when all our backups took you to school. JoJo was trying to suck his bottom lip off crying like a little girl that lost his Barbie on the side line. And held sackless for the game by all these backups too. lol Yeah you Texans have the division locked. But your on the wrong side of the door.

Blind HOMERISM at its finest. How did that work out for ya in Indy last year when all our backups took you to school. JoJo was trying to suck his bottom lip off crying like a little girl that lost his Barbie on the side line. And held sackless for the game by all these backups too. lol Yeah you Texans have the division locked. But your on the wrong side of the door.

No. If you used common sense you would see what I'm doing here. But I'm not surprised it's flying right over your head.

And I wouldn't be expecting our corner to have many sacks....JoJo and JJ are two completely different people. We'll see how it all comes together next year. We've had the door locked since 2011, good luck coming through. ;)

Must be easy seeing the world thru a black and white lens.

He won 2 years when the division was terrible...That's over now, Colts will be 1st followed by Titans and then the Texans...Texans had a great o-line, 1 of the top rb, top 5 wr, best defensive player in the game and all they did was win a weak division and beat the bengals in the playoffs...

It doesn't matter if you believe the AFC South was terrible. 4 teams had a shot at it & the Texans won it in consecutive seasons. BTW: Why is it so hard to give Gary Kubiak & the Texans credit for winning division titles back to back? You act like they pulled their team's name out of hat at a children's birthday party. It's not easy to win a division title. Nobody just hands it to you like a mint. 

You have more confidence in the Colts than I do jshipp23. I like the moves we made, but continuity & execution takes time to develop. It doesn't happen overnight. Okay, the Texans lost to the Bengals with a stout defense & they won the AFC North. There's no shame in that to me. 

Must be easy seeing the world thru a black and white lens.

Happy to amuse you as always BOTT. I'd rather see the world in a black & white lens than rose colored glasses. BTW, my uncle Donald was the first person on his block to own a black and white TV so that must explain my perception of the world according to you BOTT.  haha Thank you so much for your profound insight... :P

Happy to amuse you as always BOTT. I'd rather see the world in a black & white lens than rose colored glasses. BTW, my uncle Donald was the first person on his block to own a black and white TV so that must explain my perception of the world according to you BOTT.  haha Thank you so much for your profound insight... :P

Believe it or not (I'm guessing not), there is something in between black & white and rose colored glasses.

You're welcome....you need all the help you can get.

Believe it or not (I'm guessing not), there is something in between black & white and rose colored glasses.

You're welcome....you need all the help you can get.

Whatever helps you sleep at night BOTT. Knock yourself out sir...I am clearly so blessed to be in the presence of such NFL fortune telling greatness BOTT... :facepalm:

Whatever helps you sleep at night BOTT. Knock yourself out sir...I am clearly so blessed to be in the presence of such NFL fortune telling greatness BOTT... :facepalm:

Fortune telling? Where did I make a prediction on anything in this thread?

Fortune telling? Where did I make a prediction on anything in this thread?

Okay, technically it was reading minds, but that can tie into the future. "Believe it or not (I'm guessing not), there is something in between black & white and rose colored glasses."

You can read my mind now? And you are falsely assuming that I don't know the difference between facts & blind speculation BOTT.

Also, just because you don't subscribe to my viewpoint that doesn't mean "you need all the help you can get" with all due respect sir...It's called a contrary point of view. You don't have to believe it, but please don't attack my intellect. I didn't do that to you sir. Thank you. Have a nice day. 

Okay, technically it was reading minds, but that can tie into the future. "Believe it or not (I'm guessing not), there is something in between black & white and rose colored glasses."

You can read my mind now? And you are falsely assuming that I don't know the difference between facts & blind speculation BOTT.

Also, just because you don't subscribe to my viewpoint that doesn't mean "you need all the help you can get" with all due respect sir...It's called a contrary point of view. You don't have to believe it, but please don't attack my intellect. I didn't do that to you sir. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Don't act like your " thank you so much for your profound insight" comment wasn't dripping with sarcasm. If you are going to dish it out, learn how to take it.

Right, because I'm the one that quoted you looking for a fight. I'm not insecure at all lol. I know how good my team is. And my coach. Talk to me when you can get a title again, buddy. Go trash talk RG or something to get your insecurity frustration out.

You're young, aren't you?  I'm guessing between 18-24?

I was kind of like you in regards to my favorite teams when I was your age.  I couldn't handle people pointing out flaws in the sports teams that I loved so dearly, that I wanted so badly to be without weakness......even though said flaws were there staring right at me.  Then as I got older, I acquired 3 valuable traits that helped keep my emotions in check when it came to cheering for my teams:  maturity, perspective & coming to grips with reality.

You'll get these things one day, son.  When you do, you won't be so hypersensitive and threatened at every turn.  You'll enjoy being a fan much more once you reach this point.

Good luck on your journey.

You're young, aren't you? I'm guessing between 18-24?

I was kind of like you in regards to my favorite teams when I was your age. I couldn't handle people pointing out flaws in the sports teams that I loved so dearly, that I wanted so badly to be without weakness......even though said flaws were there staring right at me. Then as I got older, I acquired 3 valuable traits that helped keep my emotions in check when it came to cheering for my teams: maturity, perspective & coming to grips with reality.

You'll get these things one day, son. When you do, you won't be so hypersensitive and threatened at every turn. You'll enjoy being a fan much more once you reach this point.

Good luck on your journey.

Uhhhh, okay. So over the course of two or three posts between us you've come to the conclusion that I am insecure, hypersensitive, and am young due to me standing up for my head coach. The internet sure is a fun place to be anything you want, even a shrink. I'm sure this "advice" is sarcastic or meant to degrade so I'm not going to even attempt to address it. I'll just carry on being young then.

Don't act like your " thank you so much for your profound insight" comment wasn't dripping with sarcasm. If you are going to dish it out, learn how to take it.

Once again, BOTT is mind reading again...Turn about is fair play..."you need all the help you can get"...Isn't exactly viewing your fellow bloggers with respect is it? Sarcasm has nothing to do with that statement. Did I challenge you to a duel? Did I say something derogatory about your spouse, your mother, your intelligence? No. Tell me sir, where did I unleash this pile of sarcasm on you that is so harmful & debilitating?

It's no secret that we seldom see eye to eye on things which is perfectly fine. But telling another person that they have never even met face to face what they can't take or handle is more than over the top & the epitome of arrogance. JMO.

Once again, BOTT is mind reading again...Turn about is fair play..."you need all the help you can get"...Isn't exactly viewing your fellow bloggers with respect isn't it? Sarcasm has nothing to do with that statement. Did I challenge you to a duel? Did I say something derogatory about your spouse, your mother, your intelligence? No. Tell me sir, where did I unleash this pile of sarcasm on you that is so harmful & debilitating? 

It's no secret that we seldom see eye to eye on things which is perfectly fine. But telling another person what they can't take or handle is more than over the top & the epitome of arrogance. JMO.

Turn about is fair play? You started with the jabs...I just responded in kind without hiding it in sarcasm and a emoticon. I don't even know what the rest of your rant is about.

Oh, have a nice day sir.

Turn about is fair play? You started with the jabs...I just responded in kind without hiding it in sarcasm and a emoticon. I don't even know what the rest of your rant is about.

Oh, have a nice day sir.

It wasn't a rant sir. I was making a rather salient point, but if I tried to explain it, it would an exercise in futility. Making a joke about my uncle being the 1st person on his black to have a black & white TV is a personal jab? Interesting...I was referring to the dichotomy between absolute fact &...Forget it...I'm done with this interaction...Thank you BOTT. I will have a nice day sir. You have a pleasant evening as well.  :hat:

It wasn't a rant sir. I was making a rather salient point, but if I tried to explain it, it would an exercise in futility. Making a joke about my uncle being the 1st person on his black to have a black & white TV is a personal jab? Interesting...I was referring to the dichotomy between absolute fact &...Forget it...I'm done with this interaction...Thank you BOTT. I will have a nice day sir. You have a pleasant evening as well.  :hat:

Correct, your rambling drivel is an exercise in futility. And I already quoted what your sarcastic personal jab was.....it wasn't your lame joke about your uncle.

Correct, your rambling drivel is an exercise in futility. And I already quoted what your sarcastic personal jab was.....it wasn't your lame joke about your uncle.

My,my, my BOTT....You seem to have all the answers don't you? Such a profound fortune telling gift must be such a tremendous burden. How ever can you exist am us mere lowly mortals?  :funny:  :lol:  lmao

My,my, my BOTT....You seem to have all the answers don't you? Such a profound fortune telling gift must be such a tremendous burden. How ever can you exist am us mere lowly mortals?  :funny:  :lol:  lmao

Lowly mortals such as yourself are bothersome, but I manage ok.

A classic projection technique. Accuse someone else of something they didn't do or can't quite comprehend. It's okay. I have endured this trivial tactic many times before. It's nothing new.

A classic projection technique. Accuse someone else of something they didn't do or can't quite comprehend. It's okay. I have endured this trivial tactic many times before. It's nothing new.

I have no doubt you have been accused of rambling drivel many, many times......

Lowly mortals such as yourself are bothersome, but I manage ok.

So, who do sit by at Mount  Olympus Zeus or Poseidon? My money is on Sisyphus. It's nice to know that someone can help him push the gigantic boulder up that steep incline & watch it roll right back down again just before it reaches the very top. How nice of you to donate your assistance...Oops! there goes the enormous boulder to the bottom of the treacherous hill again...

http://revelation.web.net/node/178

I have no doubt you have been accused of rambling drivel many, many times......

So says the individual "I don't even know what the rest of your rant is about." Not all men are created equal are they BOTT? Generally, it helps to comprehend the argument before you unilaterally slam it. Just an observation...