Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Curtis Painter Look-Alikes

21isSuperman

peyton-manning.jpgtumblr_kvc6r5xe2w1qz80pso1_500.png

Like lookin in the mirror. Everything is the same. The laser, rocket.....arm....pinpoint accuracy, fast delivery and they both....break down ......defenses...

Peyton come back we miss you sooo bad please it'll be fine just wear a brace or something please please come back come baaaack!

I mean, look what we're doing here man. Look at these threads. This sucks man. Look at my siggy, I mean....WTH is that ___ all about anyway, "Lets all get behind Curtis Painter"? How did this happen? Every Sunday is like that movie Groundhog Day. I wake up and I'm like "YAY it's Sunday, Colts rah rah". Then I remember, "Oh no Kerry Collins". Is he winding up for a throw or stretching before a nap?

ok ok I'm cool, I'll be cool. It's cool.

In all seriousness, you all do know that Curtis Painter and Pat McAffee are growing their hair long for a great cause, right? I know it's fun (and easy) to poke fun at poor Curt's visage but let's not lose sight of what a great person he really is.

The beard too? :P

I'm sorry, I was aware that McAffee was doing this but I didn't know about Painter.

Frankly I'm a Painter fan, and I'm eagerly looking forward to his first start, but "some" of this is still funny - well, ruksak's anyway - and he does look a bit like Cobain (which is not an insult, just an observation). What I can't believe is that they are doing this on NFL Network.

I saw that clip overnight. While it's incredibly inappropriate, it's entire possible that Curtis would just think "they know who I am on NFL network! Cool!".

Here's hoping that next week they'll have reason to treat him with more respect.

I'm sorry, I was aware that McAffee was doing this but I didn't know about Painter.

Frankly I'm a Painter fan, and I'm eagerly looking forward to his first start, but "some" of this is still funny - well, ruksak's anyway - and he does look a bit like Cobain (which is not an insult, just an observation). What I can't believe is that they are doing this on NFL Network.

I saw that clip overnight. While it's incredibly inappropriate, it's entire possible that Curtis would just think "they know who I am on NFL network! Cool!".

Here's hoping that next week they'll have reason to treat him with more respect.

Why? Just curious! They are just having a little fun and it's not like Painter is the 1st guy that a sports network has done something like this to.

At least the beard looks like it belongs to him! To me, the hair just doesn't look right. I'm sure some deserving kid will look great in it but it certainly isn't flattering to his appearance.

I gotta admit the Kurt Cobain comparison was spot on. Oddly enough, both looked high in their respective pictures. Cobain wore that expression every day. Maybe Painter had just finished crying or something...

Why? Just curious! They are just having a little fun and it's not like Painter is the 1st guy that a sports network has done something like this to.

I've seen the sillyness with Sapp/Faulk/etc being shown as if they are in a fun house mirror. It's not funny, but it's harmless - and they are part of the joke. The implication with Painter, however, seems to be that he is funny looking. It just seems like mean-spirited playground humor to me.

Granted they didn't do much beside show him next to two other people. The mean-spirited sentiment comes more from some comments here -and I didn't separate out the two in my response.Perhaps "incredibly" was overstating it a bit.

Great post! Thank you.

My pleasure. Not the morality police or anything but I thought the thread could use a bit of perspective. How many of us are willing to endure such comments for a worthy cause? Judging by the remarks being made by many (not specifically referring to this board), we are an awfully superficial lot (people in general). He does look a little funny but I respect the heck out of him for doing this.

I'm not picking on any particular poster here. I've laughed at a lot of the comments myself. I just wanted to remind people (myself included) that Curtis has chosen to look silly for a good cause. I think that says it all!

My pleasure. Not the morality police or anything but I thought the thread could use a bit of perspective. How many of us are willing to endure such comments for a worthy cause? Judging by the remarks being made by many (not specifically referring to this board), we are an awfully superficial lot (people in general). He does look a little funny but I respect the heck out of him for doing this.

I'm not picking on any particular poster here. I've laughed at a lot of the comments myself. I just wanted to remind people (myself included) that Curtis has chosen to look silly for a good cause. I think that says it all!

Thanks for posting it. I wasn't aware that Painter was growing it out for the cause. I did know McAfee was because someone said it on the board a while ago (I think it was last season), but I didn't know about Painter