Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kiper's First 2014 Big Board (plus 25 more)

Remember, for reasons known only to Kiper,  his Board Board is only 25 deep, not 32.    So, I'm listing his first 25, and his 2nd.    It's one of the rare times he posts with 50 names.    Enjoy!

1.   Clowney          DE     S. Carol            26.  Shazier       OLB   OSU

2.   Bridgewater    QB     Louis                27.  Coleman     WR    Rutgers 

3.   Lee                 WR     USC                 28.   Thomas      WR/RB  Oregon

4.   Kouandjio       OT      Ala                   29.   Yankey        OG    Stanford

5.   Barr                OLB  UCLA                30.   Clinton-Dix     S     Alab

6.   Matthews       OT     Ta&m                31.   Crichton       DE    OregSt

7.   Nix                  NT     NDame             32.   Jones           LB     FSU

8.   Lewan            OT     Mich                 33.   Mariotta       QB     Oreg

9.   Roby              CB     OhioSt              34.   Seastrunk     RB     Baylor

10. Purifoy           CB     Flor                   35.   Attaochu      OLB    GTech

11. Richardson    OT     Tenn                 36.   Colvin           CB      Okla

12. Hubbard        LB      Ala                    37.   Carey           RB      Ariz

13. Tuitt               DT      NDame             38.   Jeffcoat       DE       Tex

14  Ekpre-Olomu CB     Ore                   39.   DePriest       LB       Alab

15. Jernigan         DT     FSU                  40.   Reynolds       S        Stan

16. Watkins          WR    Clem                41.   McCarron     QB       Alab

17. Mosely           LB     Ala                    42.   Breslin          DE      USC

18. Evans            WR    Ta&m                43.   McCullers     DT       Tenn 

19. Ervin              OT     FSU                  44.   Verrett          CB       TCU

20. Lynch            DE     SFlor                 45.   Smallwood   LB        UConn

21. Boyd             QB     Clem                 46.   Coleman      DT        Cal

22  Johnson        DT      LSU                  47.   Diggs            CB       Tex

23. Van Noy        OLB   BYU                  48.   Matthews     WR       Vandy

24. Sefarian-Jenkins   TE    Wash          49.   Jackson        OG       MissSt

25. Manziel          QB    Ta&m                50.  Johnson        LB        Tenn

Colvin is a Corner from Oklahoma unless there is another Colvin on the team I didn't know about, Im very surprised he has him that low

Thanks....      :thmup:    

Was able to make an edit change before the system locked me out.....       :thmup:

Thanks....      :thmup:    

Was able to make an edit change before the system locked me out.....       :thmup:

Hate when that happens, Especially since I am fluent in typonese as I am sure you have picked up on

Is Yeldon not eligible????? I don't see how he isn't on this list if he is...

Not eligible....

Freshman last year....   Sophomore this year...

You have to be three years out of H.S. to be eligible for the draft.    Which is why someone like Manziel is...   he redshirted his first year,  then last year he had his break-out year, and now if he has a good year this year,  he's positioned himself for the draft.

Hope that clarifies...

Not eligible....

Freshman last year....   Sophomore this year...

You have to be three years out of H.S. to be eligible for the draft.    Which is why someone like Manziel is...   he redshirted his first year,  then last year he had his break-out year, and now if he has a good year this year,  he's positioned himself for the draft.

Hope that clarifies...

Yeah...I knew all that, just didn't know he was a freshman,,,,really no great RB prospects other than Thomas then as of yet...I'm sure someone will burst on the scene though..

I would not be surprised to see Aaron Murray the top QB coming out next season.   He has only gotten it done for Georgia  3 years in a row.     I can't believe he is not in MK's top 50.  

Definitly agree, things like that make me dismiss alot of what Mchsay says, He does things sometimes just to be different then Kiper

McShay has Murray in his top 40 though....

really when it comes down to it no two people will agree on the same list, his list would be just as credible as anyone elses, Just an opinion, But his is based on hard evidence more then most, that honestly goes for Kiper to, Just something about them I dont really like, Much more into Mayock, He seems to delve deeper into players in My opinion

really when it comes down to it no two people will agree on the same list, his list would be just as credible as anyone elses, Just an opinion, But his is based on hard evidence more then most, that honestly goes for Kiper to, Just something about them I dont really like, Much more into Mayock, He seems to delve deeper into players in My opinion

????

What makes you think McShay, who you slammed in another post in this thread,  has more "hard evidence" than Kiper does???

They're both operating from (A) game tape....    and (B) talking with their contacts....    They're both doing the same thing.

They just see the same tape differently (all scouts do)  and they have some different contacts.

Same goes for Mayock and all the other guys at NFL Network too....

AND when next season is over there will be several juniors who have breakout years,

Then declare for the draft and everything changes.

I just find it ludicrous how so soon after one season of pure speculation (guessing) is over, these guys get right back at it.

I know it's their job, but C'mon Man!

Pardon the interuption, but I find it funny.

I know there are sites out there that predict 2-3 years in advance, seriously????

I just don't see the point.

Carry On.

????

What makes you think McShay, who you slammed in another post in this thread,  has more "hard evidence" than Kiper does???

They're both operating from (A) game tape....    and (B) talking with their contacts....    They're both doing the same thing.

They just see the same tape differently (all scouts do)  and they have some different contacts.

Same goes for Mayock and all the other guys at NFL Network too....

I didn't say Mcshay has hard evidence and that Kiper did not, I personally am not a huge fan of either, If I had to choose then I'd choose Kiper, Kiper was talking Geno Smith in the 1st round to the Jets at one point and nothing against Smith I just did not have any QB going in the 1st round at all so that was a real head scratcher for me despite the Jets need for a QB  (NFL Live on ESPN is where I saw him mention that possibility), But to the bolded in question, I was saying that both Kiper and Mcshay have some hard evidence(at least sometimes) on why certain players should go where they go and some people just do mocks with little or no specifics as to why a player will go where they mock them, Quite honestly I dont remember slamming either Mcshay or Kiper, I assume I did or obviously you would not mention it but I obviously slept since then, I dont agree with everything they say but again thats to be expected, I dont just follow the so called experts and repeat what they say, I try to see what they say they see and if I see something different then I say it

AND when next season is over there will be several juniors who have breakout years,

Then declare for the draft and everything changes.

I just find it ludicrous how so soon after one season of pure speculation (guessing) is over, these guys get right back at it.

I know it's their job, but C'mon Man!

Pardon the interuption, but I find it funny.

I know there are sites out there that predict 2-3 years in advance, seriously????

I just don't see the point.

Carry On.

And you clicked on the thread to see.....

Football is KING in the US...    we can't get enough of it.....         Heck, I envy these guys that get PAID to talk about college kids who play football.       It would be my dream job.   

For O-line prospects....I'm keeping my eye on UCLA junior OG/OT Xavier Su'a-Filo.

I went to a couple UCLA games last season and he played very well....especially in the Nebraska game where he blew holes open all day and helped both RB Jonathan Franklin and QB Brett Hundley ring up outstanding numbers. He has a nice combination of power and mobility.

Su'a-Filo is 6-3 310 and was named AP and CBS Sports 3rd team All-American LG as a sophomore last year. He started as a freshmen and then served a two year LDS mission before returning to the Bruins last season and earning those and other accolades....keeping in mind the OG class he was recognized along with.

He's a very good O-lineman and an equally impressive kid....

http://www.uclabruins.com/allaccess/?media=386169

Too bad Amari Cooper isn't coming out next year! He's probably gonna be a top 10 guy in the 2014 - 2015 draft though. He's got some real talent. I watched the Alabama spring game and there was a lot of high remarks about him. But that's not supprising playing for Alabama.