Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 04/29

sb41champs

Less, at least before you knew the pick fairly quickly.  

Now you have to sit there and wait while the people in the 1st round take their sweet time to wander out of the room, walk on the stage, do their handshake and hug with Goodell.  Get their jersey, get their picture taken, invite their family on, get the picture of all of them together and then wait while Goodell goes off the stage and eventually comes back about a half hour after the team actually made the pick to announce the next one.  

The pick announcing process is infuriatingly slow.  

Now you have to sit there and wait while the people in the 1st round take their sweet time to wander out of the room, walk on the stage, do their handshake and hug with Goodell. Get their jersey, get their picture taken, invite their family on, get the picture of all of them together and then wait while Goodell goes off the stage and eventually comes back about a half hour after the team actually made the pick to announce the next one.

It wasn't if you was following Jason La Confora on twitter, he spoiled just about every 1st round pick way before they announced it

Did you enjoy the NFL Draft coverage more - OR - less because of the agreement between the NFL and the broadcasting partners NOT to "tip the pick" to the viewers ??

More. Hated it when they were showing guys getting their calls and saying it on TV well before the commish made the pick.

You can still get it early on twitter if you really need to know two minutes before the announcement. But then, why watch at all?

More.

As others have said, if your only purpose in watching is to find out what the picks were as fast as humanely possible, there are other ways of getting the info. But what's the point exactly? The names are going to be part of history forever. That's not why you watch - you watch because it's entertaining. What exactly is the benefit of getting the information "faster". What precisely are you going to "do' with the information? Who cares. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

I utterly detested the way that they used to do it. Would the Oscars/Grammy's/Emmy's be better if they announced all the winners ahead of time? Why even turn it on in the first place, you might as well just wait until the following day and look at a list.

MORE

The way it was before was simply ignorant. These media types, feeling as though they need to be the first to inform us of the pick......it just ruined the experience.

Now you have to sit there and wait while the people in the 1st round take their sweet time to wander out of the room, walk on the stage, do their handshake and hug with Goodell.  Get their jersey, get their picture taken, invite their family on, get the picture of all of them together and then wait while Goodell goes off the stage and eventually comes back about a half hour after the team actually made the pick to announce the next one.  

Aside from the fact that you GREATLY exaggerated the pace......you've got to be the only person I've heard yet to say that you like having the surprise ruined for you. There's no way you're older than 20 years. 

One would have to be excruciatingly impatient to feel the way you do about this. 

MORE

The way it was before was simply ignorant. These media types, feeling as though they need to be the first to inform us of the pick......it just ruined the experience.

Aside from the fact that you GREATLY exaggerated the pace......you've got to be the only person I've heard yet to say that you like having the surprise ruined for you. There's no way you're older than 20 years.

One would have to be excruciatingly impatient to feel the way you do about this.

Hey! I'm 18 and I enjoyed the suspense. Only time I got impatient was waiting for our pick. I really don't care for others picks. But that's more so selfish than impatient imo haha

Hey! I'm 18 and I enjoyed the suspense. Only time I got impatient was waiting for our pick. I really don't care for others picks. But that's more so selfish than impatient imo haha

You go kid!

We need more patience to be exercised by this young generation. So many demand exactly what they want, and they want it now...RIGHT NOW!!!

In years past, I would try to mute the TV between picks so as not to hear the tip-off (OH it looks like they're taking____) but it almost always would be ruined because I would catch a glimpse of the pick just by looking at the screen for a few seconds. 

I made a few threads in years past throwing an absolute fit about this issue. I've heard that the NFL draft gets higher ratings than a World Series game. 

You're getting me something for Christmas! All right!!!!!!!!!!

Yes MAC I'm thinking of getting you two tickets on viewing of the moon!  Tickets are guranteed, transferable and has no expiration date!  Also if your mommy and daddy say you were good then I'll add in a warm smile and kind thoughts!

Yes MAC I'm thinking of getting you two tickets on viewing of the moon!  Tickets are guranteed, transferable and has no expiration date!  Also if your mommy and daddy say you were good then I'll add in a warm smile and kind thoughts!

Thanks. I'm not entirely sure which moon you're referring to, but it's the thought that counts anyway. haha

love the coverage----------but change pick times to  2 minutes----teams must have an idea by draft day

In many cases the wait is because of trade negotiations, or waiting for phone calls regarding same. Obviously the time limit goes down as the picks become less valuable. I'm fine with the 10 minutes. By the time you factor in commercials and conjecture (which is half the fun - the later, not the former) there is barely time for them to talk/and show clips about a pick before it's on to the next one. At 2 minutes each there essentially wouldn't be a show to watch.

OK OK do want me to tell you what I'm giving you for Christmas?

A new Mercedes, a vacation home in France, 15,000,000 in your bank account, & a sweet young thing easy on the eyes that jumps out of your New Year's cake. Does that help 100GFB?  haha  :funny:  :lol:  lmao

Ah man...I read the question wrong. I'm tight with the old man in the read suit....I can only predict what my "naughty" friends get..."Nice" eh?  :yahoo:  ;)  :thmup: