Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential starters from this draft

BProland85

With Pagano calling Hughes a Ngata type player, I can see him seeing significant time all across our DL real soon, he won't beat out Francios by week 1 but should be seeing a increased amount of snaps by week 3

Pagano has a lot to play with this year, our defense should be exciting to watch

I really believe we had a great draft.. Now hope to pick up a couple nice UDFA's.

Really like the Werener pick.. Obviously will be a big contributor this year.

Thornton & Holmes both nice... Have to protect the franchise(LUCK). At least one will start immediately at guard, possibly 2 if Holmes does well in camp and we are willing to admit Satele was a fail.

Williams I think returns kicks but I could be wrong

Montori Hughes will be a rotational guy... Like our depth up fron on the DL

John Boyett hopefully another special teams ace

Mr. Irrelevant= irrelevant

Maybe only the OG from the 3rd round.

Who is the 1st rounder going to start over? Mathis, no.

Walden? I have 16M reasons why not.

That $16 million contract is essentially a one-year $4 million deal.  If Werner is better than Walden (and he probably is), then Werner is starting.

I think Thorton will be the only starter...atleast early on.

Werner should see quite a bit of playing time. I think Holmes will be in the rotation but cant see how he starts. We have a pretty deep D-line now.

I think its possible that our starting o-line might only have 1 starter returning from last year that being Castonzo. The other four being the 2 FA's and the 2 rookies we drafted! I'm pretty sure that would be a big improvement over last year!

Wow. When you put it in that perspective... we really have come a long way!

With Pagano calling Hughes a Ngata type player, I can see him seeing significant time all across our DL real soon, he won't beat out Francios by week 1 but should be seeing a increased amount of snaps by week 3

Pagano has a lot to play with this year, our defense should be exciting to watch

Yeah, Hughes has the physical tools to play either NT or DE in a 3-4 system.  Measurables-wise he's big for a DE, but if we're looking for a "big" package at d-line we may be seeing some Hughes-Chapman-RJF sets.

I really believe we had a great draft.. Now hope to pick up a couple nice UDFA's.

Thornton & Holmes both nice... Have to protect the franchise(LUCK). At least one will start immediately at guard, possibly 2 if Holmes does well in camp and we are willing to admit Satele was a fail.

I don't know that Mr. irrelevant will actually be irrelevant. This kid can block very well. Also when he was thrown to caught the ball just about every times. Rarely drops it. He was very reliable for SC. Don't count this guy out too quick.

I don't know that Mr. irrelevant will actually be irrelevant. This kid can block very well. Also when he was thrown to caught the ball just about every times. Rarely drops it. He was very reliable for SC. Don't count this guy out too quick.

Personally, I only see 2 potential starters.(Werner, Thornton) If Holmes gets stronger and more stout against NTs, then maybe 3.

How many do you see starting at some point?

I also see Werner and Thornton starting on day 1. Werner is my favorite to win on the strong side and Thornton should win RG.

I believe that Hughes will get some starts at DE, because Redding does seem to get injured from time to time. It will be a good battle between Moala and Hughes. I also think Hughes can play all three positions on the DL, which will help him get some playing time and possible starts this year.

I think Boyett is Bethea's replacement for 2014, and if AB goes down and Boyett is cleared for play then he will see some starts.

My surprise pick here is Holmes, because he does have a shot to win out for the starting center, but maybe not on opening day. Then again, he could shine in camp and just take it. His ability to play guard also gives him opportunities if someone gets injured,

In all reality, Kerwynn Williams, will be our starting KR, and should see playing time on 3rd downs, and other passing situations. The kid can take a screen pass to the house. I don't see many players running him down if he has an open field.

I believe we got 5 possible starters (3 are likely future starters), plus a KR and 3rd down back. Not too shabby.

I just wonder how much he will actually be on the field during passing downs.. Allen & Fleener will obviously be out there.

Like you said, good blocking, so I could see him being somewhat like Weslye Saunders last year. Could be very wrong though

I just wonder how much he will actually be on the field during passing downs.. Allen & Fleener will obviously be out there.

I see what your saying there. Imagine If we could get a goaline package with all three in at the time. One like Fleener most likely would be out wide. That would be tuff to stop.

Like you said, good blocking, so I could see him being somewhat like Weslye Saunders last year. Could be very wrong though

Thornton and Hughes I think both start before the bye week.  Berner will probably get some starts but will rotate a lot.  K. Williams should be our KR and I think Boyett will be in on almost all ST plays.  Holmes I think has a very good shot at starting before end of season (especially if someone gets injured at C or G).  I wouldn't be surprised if one of the UDFA CBs gets some serious playing time before season is done.

I'd say opening day we'll have 3 starters - Thornton (RG), Boyett (Gunner) and Williams (KR/PR).  Then I think at some point during the season we'll see Werner, Hughes, and Holmes get starts (6 total out of the draft in year one, ain't bad).  I don't think we'll ever see Mr. Irrelevant start, but I could see him contributing in jumbo sets..who knows if we see an injury to Fleener or Allen, this kid might get the nod over Saunders by season's end.  And I won't be surprised at all if we see a UDFA corner on the field a lot, especially if Davis/Butler/Toler go down for any length of time.