Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If anyone is interested, Mike Mayock is currently having a live-streaming conference call about the draft.

He just took a question about the Colts, and didn't give us too much. Said the same things everyone else, is saying, and is noncommittal about whether they will seriously consider trading down, although he did point out the obvious benefits.

He said he thinks the biggest value for us at #24 is either edge rusher (he mentioned Bjoern Werner as being similar to Paul Kruger) or interior offensive line (feels Warmack and Cooper will be gone). Along those lines, he earlier mentioned Fluker earlier as being a right tackle only, not a left tackle, but didn't speak to him being used as a guard early on.

Lots of great stuff, but nothing really outstanding regarding the Colts.

Ansah will definitly be the 1st reach in my opinion, expected top 10 pick, without the numbers to back it up and is clearly raw, Some owner in the top 10 better have there pink slip ready for there GM if he busts out, as to a Corner being worth a top 10 pick this year, No I dont think there is, there is no immediate shutdown Corners in this draft although some very good Corners who have shutdown potential (Jamar Taylor, Milliner, Rhodes, MAYBE Trufant but I would not draft him in the 1st, I'd trade down)

I agree, Gavin.. I think Ansah is completely overrated and he won't be a great player in the NFL. I hear a lot talk about "upside" regarding this kid, and I would not let upside dictate my top 10-pick. So if he goes to the Lions like some mock drafts says, then yeah, that will probably be the first reach.

@StampedeBlue: Mayock also listed Kyle Long, brother of Jake, as a possibility for the Colts. Also said Werner reminded him of Kruger. Fits Pagano's scheme

@StampedeBlue: Mayock also said Colts need to get better on interior of oline. Said Ijalana hasn't been healthy. Need upgrades.

@StampedeBlue: Mayock: 25-35 more draftable players this year than last year's, more depth than in a while. Said Hayden better than Milliner.

@StampedeBlue: Mayock also said Colts could go corner. Colts w/o a second round pick might be tempted to trade back.