Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pass Rush & The Draft

FlyLikeTY

Watt lines up all over the field, inside outside , and even nose tackle at times, and Hunt can do the same....Hunt even can cover some rbs and te's for that matter if we coach him up correctly...

I'm against Hunt in the 1st rd.. I wouldn't be against him with a later pick although, I do think he needs to add size to play our style of DE. I also think he plays to straight up and down. In other words, he plays too tall and I know it's probably difficult for him to get lower and better waist bend. He is going to have trouble at the next level with leverage because he does play too high. If he can fix that and gain better leverage against his blockers, he will have more success.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we grab Mingo, that OLB from Southern Miss., or Guy from Oregon. (I'm obviously terrible with names lol)

Then next draft, we take Jackson Jeffcoat from Texas & there you have it, pass rush is set :D

I assume you mean Dion Jordan from Oregon. That would be nice, but he'll be a top 10 pick.

I say we grab Mingo, that OLB from Southern Miss., or Guy from Oregon. (I'm obviously terrible with names lol)

Then next draft, we take Jackson Jeffcoat from Texas & there you have it, pass rush is set :D

The guy from Oregon Jordan will go top 5, Mingo or Hunt would be great picks, if we can trade down in the 2nd and still get Hunt that would be great, but I doubt he will drop past the Pats at 26..

The guy from Oregon Jordan will go top 5, Mingo or Hunt would be great picks, if we can trade down in the 2nd and still get Hunt that would be great, but I doubt he will drop past the Pats at 26..

The Pats have their pass rushers. I'm tired of them with their multiple picks & whatnot.

The Pats have their pass rushers. I'm tired of them with their multiple picks & whatnot.

Belichick is intrigued with Hunt for a reason and I've seen him going 26 in many mocks....Which doesn't mean much it's all speculation and a roll of the dice no matter who you take to be honest.

Belichick is intrigued with Hunt for a reason and I've seen him going 26 in many mocks....Which doesn't mean much it's all speculation and a roll of the dice no matter who you take to be honest.

Defense isn't their Problem. It's their Offense when they hit the playoffs. The SB loss to the Giants & the loss to the Ravens last season was on the offense. In the regular season, they blow teams out like 54-10. Playoffs roll around, they barely can score 24. Something isn't right with that picture

Belichick takes risks on guys with great athletic abilty and character issues and it pays off....Gronk for example, you can't always play it safe...We have played it safe for years and yes we went to 2 Super Bowls and won 1, but we should have went to 5 in the Manning era with James, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney, Mathis, but we always came up short against New England...I think grigson is much more likely to take risks than Polian who never would..

Most mock have Mingo going to New Orleans and Jarvis Jones going to Pittsburgh.

Some have Jarvis Jones falling to the 2nd because of the neck and the 4.9 forty, if he is there at 24 we have to take him, I just never thought it was possible..He could be our Ray Lewis!

Some have Jarvis Jones falling to the 2nd because of the neck and the 4.9 forty, if he is there at 24 we have to take him, I just never thought it was possible..He could be our Ray Lewis!

Umm, Jones plays OLB. You can't use that Comparison. One's a OLB, the other is MLB

there are four players I would not complain about us drafting first. johnaton cooper, jarvis jones,xavier rhodes, and jesse williams

J. Williams from Bama? I thought McKinney is gonna be our NT? We could pick a NT later in the draft if it's really necessary

J. Williams from Bama? I thought McKinney is gonna be our NT? We could pick a NT later in the draft if it's really necessary

He would be a DE in our system. You're right though, no way were picking a NT early. Were already 5 deep in NT's.

who knows if mckinney can come back from tearing his acl. franklin is 32 so hes not the long term answer and chapman is unproven. plus willaims can be moved around the line not just a NT

which NT(s) will be released

We will more than likely be releasing 2. Chapman, Franklin, and Mckinney will be kept and we'll release Teveseu and Heard if McKinney is recovered. If Mckinney needs more time then we'll keep Teveseu or Heard around till McKinney is ready to go.

We will more than likely be releasing 2. Chapman, Franklin, and Mckinney will be kept and we'll release Teveseu and Heard if McKinney is recovered. If Mckinney needs more time then we'll keep Teveseu or Heard around till McKinney is ready to go.

agreed this is why I say no to a NT

I would prefer Heard I think

Ray Lewis played both when he was younger.....Jones can play either...You mean ILB?? He played OLB a lot when he was early in his career...

But know for ILB. So Freeman would be the better comparison. Mr. "I'm in my 1st year of the NFL & I'm gonna come in & lead the team in Tackles" haha

Oh.... I could see him there. But not with our 1st pick

I agree. I'm leaning more and more towards Warford being our 1st pick if Warmack and Cooper are off the board. Warford is actually higher graded than Cooper now on NFL.com. I don't think he'll be a reach there as some have suggested. We need another guard and Warford is an absolute mauler.

He has the speed to cover or rush the QB, has the height , strength, and jumping ability to block field goals and punts which he did a lot in college, he can add weight and play the run if we choose to develop him that way and Pagono and Manusky have a track record of developing young players....What proof r you looking for???

Speed doesn't mean he has the ability to rush the passer and cover. He's 26. That's what I consider to be the last year a player can be called "young." By proof I mean game tape where he shows what you apparently see.

I agree. I'm leaning more and more towards Warford being our 1st pick if Warmack and Cooper are off the board. Warford is actually higher graded than Cooper now on NFL.com. I don't think he'll be a reach there as some have suggested. We need another guard and Warford is an absolute mauler.

agreed 100%

"Mauler" that's what we're looking for this year in the new system isn't it?

Speed doesn't mean he has the ability to rush the passer and cover. He's 26. That's what I consider to be the last year a player can be called "young." By proof I mean game tape where he shows what you apparently see.

17 blocked field goals...8 sacks last year and a lot of pressures and plays blown up...I've watched plenty of film on him and he causes havoc! Yes he is 26 and I am concerned about that but he only has 3 years of football on his body...If he can be a 1st rd prospect without even knowing the game 3 years ago what is possible when Pagano and manusky and others coach him up??? More than any of the measurables, when you watch him he has a motor that doesn't stop...The only players I take ahead are Datone Jones, Jarvis Jones, Or Mingo period...

Ray Lewis played both when he was younger.....Jones can play either...You mean ILB?? He played OLB a lot when he was early in his career...

That's because he was undersized coming out of Miami, and the Ravens played a 43 at the time.

Our 3-4 DE job is not to just occupy blockers. In the run game yes, 1st and 10, 2nd and short, 3rd and short etc., they occupy blockers and let the LBs roam, but in passing situations 2nd and long, 3rd and long etc, their job is collapse the pocket so the QB can't just step up in the pocket to avoid the outside rush and have clean throwing lanes. Cory Redding was the only one who consistently did that, You have to have versatile lineman that can do both vs run and pass. Hopefully Francios can do the same, but I know Datone Jones can do both jobs fairly well. And NFL.com compares Jones to Cory Redding when he came out of Texas.

17 blocked field goals...8 sacks last year and a lot of pressures and plays blown up...I've watched plenty of film on him and he causes havoc! Yes he is 26 and I am concerned about that but he only has 3 years of football on his body...If he can be a 1st rd prospect without even knowing the game 3 years ago what is possible when Pagano and manusky and others coach him up??? More than any of the measurables, when you watch him he has a motor that doesn't stop...The only players I take ahead are Datone Jones, Jarvis Jones, Or Mingo period...

26 years old? Isn't that Brandon Weeden's age? So we'll have a defensive version of Brandon Weeden on our team?

Our 3-4 DE job is not to just occupy blockers. In the run game yes, 1st and 10, 2nd and short, 3rd and short etc., they occupy blockers and let the LBs roam, but in passing situations 2nd and long, 3rd and long etc, their job is collapse the pocket so the QB can't just step up in the pocket to avoid the outside rush and have clean throwing lanes. Cory Redding was the only one who consistently did that, You have to have versatile lineman that can do both vs run and pass. Hopefully Francios can do the same, but I know Datone Jones can do both jobs fairly well. And NFL.com compares Jones to Cory Redding when he came out of Texas.

And you just stated why Redding does what he does, he's from Texas! haha