Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcus Spears is a Raven !

The Old Crow

According to Fox Sports, former Cowboys defensive end Marcus Spears has signed a 2year, 3.55 million dollar contract with the Baltimore Ravens. The 6 ft 4in defensive end, along with Chris Canty, is expected to give the Ravens more size, and improve on last years 20th ranked run defense. Another good bargain signing for the Wizard of Oz !

Meanwhile Francois is set to make 22 mill for far less starts and production  O.o Grigs really really got had on this one

RJF is 4 years younger than Spears and could be very good.  Just because a player doesn't have the starts or production, doesn't mean he is going to be bad.  They have a pretty good D-line in San Fran, so it's not hard to see why a 7th round pick wasn't getting reps.  Not only that, but D-linemen in a 3-4 usually don't get as many stats.  Their job is to take up blockers so the LBs can roam freely and make plays.  So while it might not show up on the stats sheet, that doesn't mean he isn't contributing

I see these signings as very similar to when the Raven's signed Cory Reading. Ozzie is adept at bargain basement pickups like Corey Graham, who the Ravens picked up from the Bears, and filled in well when Webb went down. Redding was another great pick-up that ol' Coach Pagano liked so much, he brought him to Indy !

Remember that time I told you guys I was displeased with something?

K good because I'll remind you.

And if you forget again don't worry. There are plenty of threads to remind you in.......like all of them.......