Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans have made an "extremely strong bid" for Ed Reed

Dustin

I hope this is true. We need to replace Quin and I'm sure Wade can get the most out of Reed his last few years.

I'm iffy about this, how much tread is left, also how much fire? I would be ok with a 1 yr/$3 mil range w/ incentives. 

I'm iffy about this, how much tread is left, also how much fire? I would be ok with a 1 yr/$3 mil range w/ incentives.

Yeah I can see us drafting SS in a later round too, in case Reed doesn't perform as expected. We need someone immediately though, so maybe Vicarro to learn from the best in the game?

Is Baltimore going to even have a defense next year?

They still have some good players. Webb will be back, Suggs, Upshaw, Ngata, Canty, etc. Will miss the guys we lost, but some had to go because of salaries, while others needed to go to get younger. Defense had slipped from 2nd to 15th, so Ozzie will have to fiil the voids through the draft, and value free agents. Remember, Ellerbe was an undrafted free agent in the beginning. The Raven's management knows talent, which is why they win, and other teams want their players.

Shouldn't the Texans be looking for a new QB instead?  Reed would definitely make them better though.

Better for sure, but they are not improving a whole lot and their weakness at WR position still exists. Counting on an old Andre Johnson to be healthy is really a far cry.

Also as far as they prevent Reed from going to the Pats it is all fine.

Is Baltimore going to even have a defense next year?

Shouldn't the Texans be looking for a new QB instead?  Reed would definitely make them better though.

I'm a Reed fan but trying to picture him in a Texans uniform seems so wrong. :scratch:  :dunno:  :omg:

haha Yup, Wade Phillips had some issues as the season progressed, did he miss Brian Cushing that much? JJ Watt needs a partner in crime pass rusher too. Matt Schaub make some positive strides this past season, but he can't make any regressions. You won 1 Playoff game this year, let's shoot for 2 or more. Ed Reed as a Texan? He is a interception machine which can only help Schaub. 

Hes always had a team behind him..now he doesnt lol He wont be able to carry them...mark my word

Maybe, but Joe did carry them this year , especially in the playoffs. Ray Lewis even admitted that, as the Raven's defense was only 17th in the league this year. We've lost alot of good players, but don't count the Ravens out, as we will pick up more free agents , and have many picks in the draft.

He had a spell where he was contemplating retirement a few years back do to recurring injuries but the last few years he's stayed healthy.  Still absolutely at the top of his game, too.

Still fast but the thing that makes Ed Reed Ed Reed is the instincts and game prep.  He just knows where he needs to be to make plays and that isn't going away even when the body falls apart.

Maybe, but Joe did carry them this year , especially in the playoffs. Ray Lewis even admitted that, as the Raven's defense was only 17th in the league this year. We've lost alot of good players, but don't count the Ravens out, as we will pick up more free agents , and have many picks in the draft.

Joe did in the playoffs, ya but regular season...no they barely madee it in the playoffs. THEY HAD to win the division.. they looked horrid for like 4-5 games. He wont be able to carry that team. imo

When they lost many of those games, they had massive injuries, Lewis, Webb, and others nicked up Ngata, Suggs, etc. The last game they lost to the Bengals was basically an exhibition game, as the division was sown up. I do agree with you that Flacco has to be better in the regular season, especially on the road. He was being ripped by the Baltimore media during the season for this. With Flacco taking up all this cap space, he'd better come through, and the pressure will mount, no doubt. My prediction is, he will come through. This guy has the right temperment for the NFL, and never gets rattled. He's not the best quarterback in the NFL , despite the salary, but he is a darn good one.