Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not looking foward to Denver game

BProland85

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, if you asked me if I'd rather sign Toler or Welker, or Landry or Welker, or Cherilus or Welker, I'd absolutely take those 3 guys over Welker.

Look, Welker is a good football player, and I wanted us to sign Vasquez (who, yes, we probably did overhype, but he's still very good).  But to contest that the Broncos have improved to a greater degree than us without actually seeing any of the players on the field just because they signed 2 of the biggest names in free agency is preposterous.  The Colts have substantially improved at at least 3 positions (safety, cornerback, offensive tackle), probably a 4th in guard, and maybe a 5th if Walden pans out.

I can't wait until Manning throws a quick slant to Welker and Landry lays a brick on his face.

Then Luck will be throwing TD's right over DRC's head.

Yep, I agree. Denver is a good team, but I don't think the moves they have made are going to improve them that much. They already had a good o-line so Vasquez don't really improve them, DRC may or may not get back on track, Welker is a system product and I don't see him continuing his NE performance in Denver. We've improved a lot in the last few days and will hopefully continue to improve as the offseason moves forward.

And god forbid anyone not geting excited about another team other than the Colts on a Colts forum.

No one realistically thinks that the Broncos are not a good team, but all this gushing about them is way over the top. Rave all you like once they start marching towards the Super Bowl, but not now, because 'on paper', they might be better.  

Well unfortunately, at this time of year, we have nothing but paper is a measurement of potential success. This was a team that threw away their play-off game last year, and should have reached the Super Bowl, the team that beat them won it. Now they are a lot stronger whilst most of the rest of the AFC get weaker (except for us).

Just giving credit where credit is due. They will be a difficult prospect to come up against.

Oh this irks you I bet.

How dare someone talk about a future Colts game on the Colts forum. Because we all know the real plan was just to get a Manning topic back in the Colts section. I find it funny more than 50% of your posts cry about others with concerns to Manning.

There is a Manning-Brady topic floating around here. Might want to start crying in there. Here I'll even help you out:

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/16075-vote-for-favorite-manning-brady-match-up-most-choices-are-colts-patriots/

When you grow up a little, you might understand 'tongue in cheek'......

Well unfortunately, at this time of year, we have nothing but paper is a measurement of potential success. This was a team that threw away their play-off game last year, and should have reached the Super Bowl, the team that beat them won it. Now they are a lot stronger whilst most of the rest of the AFC get weaker (except for us).

Just giving credit where credit is due. They will be a difficult prospect to come up against.

I agree, and we will have to be at the top of our game to beat them, but they are not this Super Power some are making them out to be......

I agree, and we will have to be at the top of our game to beat them, but they are not this Super Power some are making them out to be......

No, but Seattle are, and looking at our team in comparison to theirs, tells me that we still have a way to go.

Win or Lose, I'll be watching every game I can. May be upset about us losing, but what fan wouldn't be upset with their team losing?

I can't wait till we play Peyton. Actually forget Peyton, I can't even wait for the 1st preseason game! :yahoo:

I think August is one million light years away or it may just seem lke it, not sure.

I think August is one million light years away or it may just seem lke it, not sure.

After these signings and draft coming up I can't fricken wait till the season starts!! Hence why I'm on here posting instead of working lol

For the record, if you asked me if I'd rather sign Toler or Welker, or Landry or Welker, or Cherilus or Welker, I'd absolutely take those 3 guys over Welker.

Look, Welker is a good football player, and I wanted us to sign Vasquez (who, yes, we probably did overhype, but he's still very good).  But to contest that the Broncos have improved to a greater degree than us without actually seeing any of the players on the field just because they signed 2 of the biggest names in free agency is preposterous.  The Colts have substantially improved at at least 3 positions (safety, cornerback, offensive tackle), probably a 4th in guard, and maybe a 5th if Walden pans out.

Naw, I don't think it's preposterous at all. I mean, not anymore preposterous than claiming that one team got better better than another team did in free agency (whatever that means).

But the Broncos made some really good moves. Welker is just the highest profile move. Vasquez is big for Colts fans because we wanted him. They also got DRC, a good corner for a beleaguered secondary. Knighton was a solid get as well. Those moves do a great deal to improve their team at key positions. If they get their hands on a couple decent running backs, they're going to be a monster.

Our signings were solid. After the Landry deal, I'd give us a B- in free agency. If we add another pass rusher or defensive lineman, I might upgrade that. But the Broncos were already better than us, and they improved their roster.

And if you really want to break down what the Welker-Manning relationship means to their offense, then you start to realize that they actually might be the most well-rounded team in the AFC when it's all said and done.

Apparently there was some friction between Belichek and Welker & Co. and that is great for #18 and I hope it gets him a second SB ring. This also may be the beginning of the end for the Pats (if it hasn't already begun).

I also hope this ends the Pats - though they've not been anything special for a long time.

From my point of view, last year would have been nice for ring 2 for Peyton.  In the future, it's the Colts' turn.  Are you really rooting for Peyton over the Colts????