Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Im hearing on who we'll sign

This is my last prediction thread for free agency until it begins on Tuesday.

I am hearing we are interested in both OGs Vasquez and Levitre. I am also hearing we are interested in both CB Antoine Cason and OLB Antwan Barnes from San Diego. Finally, Paul Kruger and Cary Williams are rumored to be looked at by the Colts as well.

Of these players, I want us to sign Vasquez, Cason, and Barnes. I just feel Kruger and Williams from Baltimore are going to want too much money, and I dont think they're worth it in the long run. I havent heard any rumblings on a RT yet, but we could be interested there as well.

I want us to sign Vasquez, Cason, and Barnes.

I like that. Cason is also in the mix in Cleveland's 3/4 opposite Joe Haden. I kind of like Captain Munnerlyn more. He played over 900 snaps in 2012 and gave up...wait for it...one touchdown...but, he may be best at 3 covering the slot. Whereas Asomugha is a clear 2. Also, regardless of the chirping, I like Sean Smith. But Cason is an option.

I would like those signings, and really hope that the Colts do NOT sign Kruger if the cost exceeds 9 million per season - I THINK that Grigson is too shrewd to do that, although Pagano may be pushing for him.  I think that there are options that are just as good (such as Michael Bennett) that will cost far less, and allow us to address the area of greatest need, the O-line.  Luck is out future and present - we need to protect him at all costs.  Sign Long, and one of Levitre or Vasquez, plus Cason at CB, and a 2nd tier pass rusher - but KEEP LUCK UPRIGHT!  

Kruger is too unproven, and too one dimensional - he would be a nice piece to add if the price is right, but I would prefer to see the Browns overpay for him rather than us. 

you want to spend TOP dollar for a injured OT long ( over priced IMO ) but yet complain about spending the $ on a DE..

I have issues following your reasoning..

not saying I'm for for the big money for the D, but with what both have said they want it sounds like wash as to which one you want you want

you want to spend TOP dollar for a injured OT long ( over priced IMO ) but yet complain about spending the $ on a DE..

I have issues following your reasoning..

not saying I'm for for the big money for the D, but with what both have said they want it sounds like wash as to which one you want you want

hes injured still? got any source?

last I heard he had a clean bill of health...did that change?

Resign:

Powers, Butler, Fokou, Justice

FA:

OG Levitre

OG Vasquez

RT Winston/Loadholt

DE Mike Devito/Jean-Francois

Draft:

CB, SS, OLB, WR

Spend the money in the trenches, Grigs... :goodluck:

if we could get those than we would have one of the best lines in the league.

good post.

I think Vasquez is going to be #1 on our list.  He's the big name that we're probably going to just go out and spend whatever it takes.  It's a poor year in FA and the draft at OG (at least for ones we'll be in position to select), so we'll spend big to upgrade the weakest starter on our roster (McGlynn) to one of the strongest...

I like the idea of getting both Loadholt and Vasquez. Many consider Loadholt an old fashioned RT that mauls opponents but not so good on pass protection. if for whatever miracle Ijalana gets healthy you are looking at him at RT and move Loadholt to G.

if not, you still have a viable RT with superior run blocking skills.

nice OL IMO.