Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Von Miller guarantees Super Bowl victory to honor 6 year old cousin wakening from coma post car accident

bayone

LINK HAS PODCAST DISCUSSING IT< +++  NOTE I HAVENT HAD TIME TO LISTEN

“I fully believe in the Broncos winning the Super Bowl and am fully committed to it,” Miller said Tuesday, during a telephone interview.

But a guarantee? Yes. Here’s why:

Miller has dedicated the 2013 season to a 6-year-old cousin, Jeremiah, seriously injured in an automobile accident near his family’s West Texas home. When Jeremiah recently emerged from a coma, it was a blessed event for Miller. And it fired up the all-star linebacker.

Miller tweeted: “You can post this wherever. Denver broncos will win the Super Bowl 2013 #4UJEREMIAH #IGUARANTEEIT58 if you are with us Retweet.”

Strong emotion. Strong words. Strong support for Jeremiah.

“That was the whole feeling behind this guarantee. It wasn’t because I felt all cocky,” Miller told me. “This is bigger than me. This is all about my little cousin coming back from a serious accident.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/kiszla/2013/03/05/broncos-linebacker-von-miller-guarantees-super-bowl-victory-to-car-wreck-victim/148/?source=rsshomeblog

I'm glad to hear the good news concerning his cousin. I'm also glad to see his confidence, but unless you're Joe Namath, guaranteeing that you'll win the Super Bowl is never a good idea lol. Great to hear the good news though. :thmup:

I'm glad to hear the good news concerning his cousin. I'm also glad to see his confidence, but unless you're Joe Namath, guaranteeing that you'll win the Super Bowl is never a good idea lol. Great to hear the good news though. :thmup:

I remember , & was still living in Brooklyn at the time, but vividly remember Namath a few years later  admitting he never quarenteed it, but as the papers said it he just decided to take the credit feeling why not and gave a Namath Smirk , Never Have i heard him say that again but being an avid Colt fan Living in Jet territory I remember that  as it resonated in me

-------------------------------------------------

Different Video, Von Miler at 2 minute 45 second mark discusses it himself

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/5/4067210/von-miller-interview-podcast-uffsides

I remember , & was still living in Brooklyn at the time, but vividly remember Namath a few years later admitting he never quarenteed it, but as the papers said it he just decided to take the credit feeling why not and gave a Namath Smirk , Never Have i heard him say that again but being an avid Colt fan Living in Jet territory I remember that as it resonated in me

-------------------------------------------------

Different Video, Von Miler at 2 minute 45 second mark discusses it himself

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/5/4067210/von-miller-interview-podcast-uffsides

Yep you're right B. I'm not surprised as it seems a lot of the great sports myths have the truth twisted a little bit. Makes them more interesting for sure.

Good news about his cousin. I am happier for his cousin than I am for Von making his proclamation.

But his emotional state is not the best state for him to be making proclamations. If he feels inspired, his actions will do the talking, IMO.

If anything, do something like what Ray Rice did, use an incident like the recent 12 year old's bullying death to rally people for a good cause off the football field. I am all for that. Those are bigger than what happens on the football field.

Denver's gonna have to do it as WC cause Chiefs are winning the West.

I have my doubts with Alex Smith at QB.  Yes, they may win a game at home vs the Broncos but that may not be enough.

I actually like the Chiefs to make the playoffs but they probably end up being a WC, IMO. 1995, 2003, 2006. 2010 - the Chiefs made the playoffs and 3 out of those 4 times, the Colts made the AFCCG :). Word is they may make Star Lotulelei or Dee Millner as the No.1 pick now that they franchised Brandon Albert. I think this causes a ripple effect among OLs thus pushing Jonathan Cooper like DeCastro last year to the No.24 spot, you just watch.

It never works out when a player guarantees anything.  Glad to hear his cousin woke up from his coma though

My closest experience related to this was a close personal friend of mine. He was falling asleep on the highway but the exit was far enough that he decided to snooze on the right shoulder in his Honda Civic, only to be rear-ended by a pickup truck during night time and to fall into a coma. He woke up after 10 days. He lived to tell the story to me a month later (still is doing just fine 5 years later). I told him someone up there was watching out for him.

My closest experience related to this was a close personal friend of mine. He was falling asleep on the highway but the exit was far enough that he decided to snooze on the right shoulder in his Honda Civic, only to be rear-ended by a pickup truck during night time and to fall into a coma. He woke up after 10 days. He lived to tell the story to me a month later (still is doing just fine 5 years later). I told him someone up there was watching out for him.

That's incredible.  Glad to hear he is doing well

At least Joe Namath had the smarts to wait till they actually made the Super Bowl, to then predict that he would win it.