Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck at the Combine

House

Said he hoped to re-sign Jerraud Powers and that McAfee was a top priority.

If we re-sign Powers (which I'm fine with) I still hope we go out and get someone else. Powers would be a solid 3rd guy, but I'd love to get someone to fill the 2nd spot (*cough* DRC *cough*)

I too am fine with Powers....preferably in a nickel....I am hoping as well to get better there!!!!   :thmup:

He also messed up names when asked about Vontae Davis he referred to Vontae Leach....hmmm. Hopefully just a misspoken name but at the same time the guy has been through a lot. hopefully he's 100% there mentally.

HA HA HA!....Tony LaRussa did that for 30 years with the White Sox. A's and Cardinals.  Yogi Berra never new anybody.... :)  I am giving Pags a little leverage on this one  :funny:

HA HA HA!....Tony LaRussa did that for 30 years with the White Sox. A's and Cardinals.  Yogi Berra never new anybody.... :)  I am giving Pags a little leverage on this one  :funny:

after it was brought to his attention he said something like uh oh, are we going after him? Then went on to say that he didn think he was available and then finished it off with, "who are we talking about again?" lol, hell i have those days I guess

Besides the fact we have money to spend. A very very good young core and future. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to play for coach p?!? Knowing full well I would get murdered and possibly concussed for life I would strap it on and run down the field streaking like waterboy!! Think he will be a very huge reason why guys come here. Just ask Avery, redding, zibs and McKinney.

Thanks for the link here 21isSuperman. You know Pagano is feeling normal again when he is joking around about finding the right brand of hair gel to keep all that new hair down in place. Quiet confidence...that's why I like Chuck Pagano as our HC. 

Personally, I don't think we need to relive the Chuck Strong rallying cry anymore. The new battle to contend with is how do we handle expectations & success as a team? Do we rise up to the challenge & exceed expectations or fold like a lawn chair? We are no longer under the radar anymore. Now, we must validate that our record was not just a fluke, but the product of a relentless work ethic indicating division titles & several Playoff appearances to come. 

I just want to be clear. For those who prefer the Chuck Strong symbolism as a means to solidify the team behind their coach, do not let me stop anyone from using it as powerful motivation to support their favorite NFL squad. However, every coach in the league knows each season requires a new goal...a new vessel or message in which to win over the locker room. Usually, this new message is a manufactured slight of disrespect by 31 other NFL teams. We all need something to stoke the fire of competition & make us grow an anger in our belly that cannot be contained, curtailed, or extinguished on the field.

We all need a greater motivation that challenges us collectively & individually at the same time. Can Luck succeed with a new OC? Or will people say it was all the mastermind of Bruce Arians? Of course, INDY won't miss a beat in my mind, but that's what I mean by creating a manufactured slight as a team motivation. And that team unity to prove that Arians alone was not singlehandedly responsible for our success this year will make guys at every position fight harder to lift more weights & master new wrinkles in the playbook.

I just want to be clear. For those who prefer the Chuck Strong symbolism as a means to solidify the team behind their coach, do not let me stop anyone from using it as powerful motivation to support their favorite NFL squad. However, every coach in the league knows each season requires a new goal...a new vessel or message in which to win over the locker room. Usually, this new message is a manufactured slight of disrespect by 31 other NFL teams. We all need something to stoke the fire of competition & make us grow an anger in our belly that cannot be contained, curtailed, or extinguished on the field.

We all need a greater motivation that challenges us collectively & individually at the same time. Can Luck succeed with a new OC? Or will people say it was all the mastermind of Bruce Arians? Of course, INDY won't miss a beat in my mind, but that's what I mean by creating a manufactured slight as a team motivation. And that team unity to prove that Arians alone was not singlehandedly responsible for our success this year will make guys at every position fight harder to lift more weights & master new wrinkles in the playbook.

I agree with both posts.  We always need to rally for those suffering from cancer and other debilitating diseases.  Always!  Chuck IS a survivor as are millions of people thank goodness.  Let us continue to fight and pray for them...and that Chuck's remains in remission.

SW is correct that we also vastly exceeded expectations last year.  This year we are sneaking up on nobody!!! (Not our Nobody):)

March 12 starts the FA process in the continuation of building the monster!!!  Then the draft and so on....What a great time to be a Colt fan....proud to say I have been one forever!!!  GO  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :pass:  :pass: !!!!!!

Thanks for the link here 21isSuperman. You know Pagano is feeling normal again when he is joking around about finding the right brand of hair gel to keep all that new hair down in place. Quiet confidence...that's why I like Chuck Pagano as our HC. 

Well said, brother.  He is back, joking around, having a good time.  It's great to see!