Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin Collie wants to play, draws inspiration from Pagano

chad72

Very tough situation for Collie. I hope he can play (if he wants and is cleared medically) but if he suffers another injury, especially a concussion that could be seriously determintal to his way of life in general. That being said he's a big boy, if he can play I hope someone picks him up and he works his way back into the mix.

Here's the thing though, Pagano's job doesn't involve getting headhunted by a bunch of super athletes.

Does Austin really want to run the risk of getting another concussion just to play a couple more years. 

Every hit he gets now, after 3 concussions and a torn patellar tendon in his knee, will definitely affect his future.

However, if there's a green light from the doctors, and he's willing to live with those risks, then why not?

I bet he goes to Denver next year and gets 1,000 yards along with Thomas/Decker. I honestly feel like the concussions are in the past....hasn't had one it over two years right? I'm sure he's more susceptible to them than the average football player, but if he adapts his running after the catch to a more Reggie Wayne style of staying low, I think he'll be alright.

Lets hope he does not go to the Patriots. We would know then for sure he would be the next victim of Bernard Pollard. :eek:

True. He did relish playing against Colorado State while playing for BYU. Maybe he likes playing in Colorado, that would mean Denver.

Denver probably has less risk signing him for a low 1 yr. deal than Collie has, would be the case for most teams. Or he can go back to BYU as a WR coach or something if that does not work out and make his way up.

True. He did relish playing against Colorado State while playing for BYU. Maybe he likes playing in Colorado, that would mean Denver.

Denver probably has less risk signing him for a low 1 yr. deal than Collie has, would be the case for most teams. Or he can go back to BYU as a WR coach or something if that does not work out and make his way up.

Oh yeah, I could see him in Denver. Peyton IMO always loved him. He would be another comfortable weapon for Peyton and would not cost too much.

Just have to hope he does not get anymore concussions.

Oh yeah, I could see him in Denver. Peyton IMO always loved him. He would be another comfortable weapon for Peyton and would not cost too much.

Just have to hope he does not get anymore concussions.

That is what all of us Colts fans want him not to have, we want him to have a long enough and productive career without major setbacks again. I would rather him have knee issues than concussions, if I had to choose.

Collie, along with Clark, were the only 2 wideouts that caught everything thrown their way in the SB vs Saints, if I remember right. Always been a reliable pass catcher when healthy.

I hope the guy can get right and have a few healthy years.  The guy had some real talent out there, but he just could not get right because of his inability to stay healthy.  Hopefully he can avoid anymore concussions and have some productive years.  He will probably end up in Denver on a one year league minimum contract.

With that said in the future I hope he does not try to sue the NFL like former players now when he cannot remember his address or where his car is parked.

I get the guy loves football and that is probably all he knows, but sometimes quality of life should rate higher then money and the love of the game.