Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ManningToCollie's NFL mock draft (1.0)

Hello everyone! I am here to bring my first mock draft for 2013. If you have a comments leave a reply. Enjoy!

2013 Mock Draft:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

- Most people are projecting Luke Joeckel here but they already have Brandon Albert who I expect them to resign. It's been many years since the Chiefs had a franchise QB and Matt Cassel nor Brady Quinn would do the job. Geno Smith could be the Mike Vick in Andy Reid's offense. A very mobile quarterback.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

- Jaguars need some pass rush that they lacked most of the season last year which is really important with Luck and Schaub in the same division. Werner has tremendous size and speed and should help fix the poor pass rush in Jacksonville.

3. Oakland Raiders - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

- With Richard Seymour set to be a free agent, Raiders are going to have to find a replacement fast. Star Lotulelei is very quick, mobile, and athletic for his size even though he could be inconsistent. The big thing is he provides a lot of pass rush and that's what the Raiders badly need.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

- This is a no brainer. Eagles need help with their offensive line. Joeckel may be the best prospect in the draft and could provide the Eagles with having better security for Vick/Foles.

5. Detroit Lions - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M

- Recently, the Lions released Kyle Vaden Bosch who was a big leader for their defense. Cliff Avril is expected to be a free agent so Lions need a replacement. Damontre Moore has a lot of explosion and both very good in the run and pass. Perfect replacement for their starting defensive end.

6. Cleveland Browns - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

- Browns could really use some pass rush since the offense is starting to come along. Jones displays great versatility and can overcome blockers. Only issue he has is with injuries.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

- There are no good quarterbacks left in this draft and it would be risky to draft a player like Matt Barkley or Mike Glennon. Instead I predict they go with the safer route and go with Eric Fisher who had a phenomenal Senior Bowl. I'm sure Cardinals fans are happy with this pick because the offensive line has always been terrible the past few seasons.

8. Buffalo Bills - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

- Bills are going to need some help on offense if they want Fitzpatrick or Jackson to succeed. Patterson is an explosive, fast receiver including his height. Him opposite with Steven Jackson will give the Bills two great offensive weapons.

9. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU

- The pass rush for the Jets was horrific last season and need a huge upgrade over Aaron Maybin. Mingo is the best pass rusher available in the draft and should fit nicely with the Jets defense. Jets do need a quarterback badly but there are no good quarterbacks left that deserve to be picked this early.

10. Tennessee Titans - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

- Titans have a below average secondary that could use an upgrade. Milliner is the best secondary player in the draft who is a big physical corner.

11. San Diego Chargers - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

- Chargers can use some help at their offensive line. Warmack is a powerful player with great blocking skills and decent athleticism.

12. Miami Dolphins - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

- He's going to higher than people think because on how well he did during Senior Bowl week. Dolphins are going to have to replace their former #1 pick Jake Long and Johnson is a great replacement for him.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU

- First surprise pick maybe. Bucs need a tight end and a corner. The problem is there is no prospects worthy of getting picked here. Ansah had a fantastic Senior Bowl week who could replace impending free agent Michael Bennett.

14. Carolina Panthers - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

- Panthers have a lot of positions to fill but defensive tackle is the biggest issue. Will help in run and passing game.

15. New Orleans Saints - Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

- Saints are transitioning to a 3-4 defense and the best linebacker for the 3-4 defense available is Dion Jordan who has great intangibles and is very athletic.

16. St. Louis Rams - Kenny Vaccaro, SS, Texas

- Their former strong saftey, Craig Dahl, was a weak point for the Rams secondary last season. Vaccaro has great run support who can start immediately and make an impact in St. Louis.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - John Hankins, NT, Ohio State

- Casey Hampton is getting really old and could be replaced soon. Their third round DT from last year is gone as well. Hankins is a huge player with quickness and very athletic for his size.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

- Similar to the Saints, the Cowboys are transitioning to the 4-3 defense and need some 4-3 defense players. Montgomery is one of my favorite defensive prospects who is a underrated pass rusher and extremely athletic.

19. New York Giants - Johnathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina

- Giants usually go with under the radar picks and Cooper is a good example. He is a good run blocker with solid quickness and mobility.

20. Chicago Bears - DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama

- Fluker is a huge offensive tackle who is mostly fit for right tackle. Any offensive line help for the Bears is a big plus.

21. Cincinnati Benglas - Alec Ogeltree, ILB, Georgia

- The middle linebacker position for the Bengals last year wasn't spectacular. You could say Rey Maualuga was overrated last year and I could agree on that. Ogeltree might be a replacement for him if they don't resign Maualuga.

22. St. Louis Rams - Keenan Allen, WR, California

- I had the Rams take Vaccaro for their first pick and I'm taking Allen for their second pick. Allen has a great skill set that can help Bradford with Amendola being a free agent.

23. Minnesota Vikings - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

- This may be another Percy Harvin pick but he has better off the field issues than he does. Hopkins has great ball skills with decent speed.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Matt Barkley, QB, USC

- We need a backup for Andrew Luck. I am just kidding Colts fans. I have them taking CB Johnathan Banks out of Mississippi State. Do I really need to explain? The corner position was pretty bad last season although Butler and Davis were a huge plus. I'm hoping Butler gets resigned so we can have a Davis, Butler, and Banks as our cornerback tandem.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

- Even though Seahawks have a good defensive line, they could use another player. Richardson is very athletic for a defensive tackle that also has good quickness and range. A great pick for Seahawks.

26. Green Bay Packers - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

- Cedric Benson is not the answer for the Packers running back spot. Nor is Alex Green or James Starks. Lacy provides explosiveness with some speed. Good pick here.

27. Houston Texans - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

- Texas need another wide out threat and their draft last year couldn't help it. Hunter is tall but not as physical as people hope. Still with the help of Andre Johnson, I think he can improve on that.

28. Denver Broncos - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

- Broncos had some secondary problems especially the playoffs. Trufant may be picked higher but I think Broncos take a chance on him.

29. New England Patriots - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

- It's unknown whether or not Welker will be back with the Patriots. Tavon Austin would be a solid replacement who has Welker-like traits such as speed and quickness.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

- Eifert is going to have to replace a legend of Tony Gonzales but he shouldn't have that much of a problem. A physical tight end with good ball skills. Matty Ice will have another weapon in the dangerous Falcons offense.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

- Delanie Walker is a free agent and I don't know if they'll resign him but if they do I'll change the pick. Besides Ertz has Stanford relations with head coach Jim Harbaugh.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Manti Teo, LB, Notre Dame

- Ravens are going to have to replace a legend. Will Teo ever be as good as Ray Lewis? No. He'll be decent there and with the right coaching which they have, he will be right on track.

Next mock will be after the combine.

With the corner position being so deep this year in free agency I'm starting to wonder if we still draft/need to draft a corner. I know Banks and Rhodes are good players and I would like to get either one, but if we get a starting caliber coner through freeagency would you all still want to get rhodes or banks if they fall to us in the draft?? :blueshoe:

If Tavon Austin is there, the Broncos would go for him before the Pats, IMO. They need the help at slot wideout more. At least the Pats can tag Welker, even if expensive, AGAIN.

Rams, didn't they get Brian Quick in the previous draft? I am not sure the Rams' issue was WR production as much as it was protecting Bradford. They have O-line issues and I think Fisher will draft RB or for the trenches, IMO.

Good job however putting it together, at least you gave some explanations. :)

Im just wondering why you would smear a cool post as this with a joke on the Colts pick. seriously. love the effort you put in to it. Rhodes is the Colts pick by a mile. the way Vontae played last year, we have NEVER had a corner with that much life in him and he leaves us fans thirsting for more , thats why we all want Rhodes. Fluker isnt going to go in the first rd either. ilove him, but he's too one sided, if ya know what im sayin. I agree with everyone else on Richardson, but i personally think Moala is Perfect for the position and we need a hard-hitting DB more than a DE. By the way, 3-4 DE's average 4 sacks a year, so Moala is not bad at all.

Thank you all for the suggestions and comments. It'll help me with my next mock.

Just like to reply to some comments.

1. I like Xavier Rhodes but I feel Banks is a better prospect. I just feel he doesn't do that well in tight coverage. But I'd definitely consider him for my next mock.

2. I don't see any needs for the Bucs besides defensive end because they have two impending DE free agents. It makes sense if they draft one. Bucs do need a tight end but none deserve to be picked top 15.

3. Bears will draft offensive tackle even if it's DJ Fluker.

4. I don't feel the Broncos #1 need is WR with a lot of solid receivers on the team. They have to address the secondary.

5. I don't see us taking Sheldon with much bigger needs such as CB, OL, LB. But you never know.

Hate to break it to you,  but there are a number of Mock Drafts by people who know more than all of us here put together that don't have Xavier Rhodes in the 1st round.

That is not some bizarre mistake by the OP.

It's still way early in the process.   Time for lots of change for lots of players.   Maybe Rhodes goes in the first and maybe not.

He's not a slam dunk.   At least,  not yet.......

Just sayin......

O-Line: If Warmack is there, we pick him.  If not, trade down...  If neither choice is an available option and we have to pick, then;

One of the following...

1.  Cooper, Johnson, Fluker, Jones (O)

2.  Ansah, Banks, Floyd, Hankins,  (D)

Wildcards: Hopkins, Minter, Richardson...