Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What To Expect From The Colts - Browns Game

Andy

There are several things to expect from tomorrow's game:

1. Dwight Freeney will NOT do anything -- Joe Thomas is the best LT in the game right now, imo, and in the game in 08, he completely shut him down. Don't expect anything.

2. Expect a good game from the linebackers. I know that Gary Brackett is out, but Pat Angerer is a great replacement, and did a great job replacing him last year vs the Redskins. I don't think it will be that great that it will stop Peyton Hillis, but it will definitely be better than last week.

3. We're lucky that the Browns have an awful D-line, so with our awful O-line, especially right side, we should be okay......

4. ...with that being said, Kerry Collins should have a good game. Expect him to make some good throws, but if given time he could do well. He throws a hard ball, and throws it in the right place.

5. Dallas Clark will probably have a good game. The have weak coverage outside linebackers in Fugita and Gocong, so tight ends should shine.

6. Scott Fugita and Chris Gocong are however great tacklers, and with Jackson in the middle, and Taylor on the line, don't expect much from Joe Addai, Donald Brown and Delone Carter.

7. Reggie Wayne shouldn't have a great game with Joe Haden covering him. You can even watch out for an interception. Pierre Garcon won't have a great game either with Sheldon Brown covering him. Look for Austin Collie and Blair White, and if he plays, Anthony Gonzalez for good games.

8. Expect a low scoring game, under 36 points (total, for both teams).

That's what I think, what about you guys?

I expect Mathis to get extreme pressure, and Angerer to play like an elite, established starter. He reminds me of Laurinaitis from St Louis, a LOT.

10000%, I agree with that. I'm being saying that to everyone who likes football. He's a big strong guy, whose a good tackler. I don't think he's as good, but he reminds me of him, and has the potential to be like him.

I expect the Browns to show up with muddy shoes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/17/browns-team-plane-gets-stuck-in-the-mud/

Seriously, why are they flying to Indy?

It's not that long of a bus ride. Can you imagine the attendant giving her speech?

"Welcome, we'll be departing shortly. We'll be in the air for roughly between 15-20 minutes so please make sure to use the restroom in a quick fashion. We'll be serving lunch shortly, but we only expect to get through the first 4 rows, so those who are fortunate enough to get food should be prepared to share accordingly. Our in-flight movie will be "Wabbit Season" starring Elmer Fudd, Buggs Bunny, and Daffy Duck."

I expect the Browns to show up with muddy shoes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/17/browns-team-plane-gets-stuck-in-the-mud/

Seriously, why are they flying to Indy?

It's not that long of a bus ride. Can you imagine the attendant giving her speech?

"Welcome, we'll be departing shortly. We'll be in the air for roughly between 15-20 minutes so please make sure to use the restroom in a quick fashion. We'll be serving lunch shortly, but we only expect to get through the first 4 rows, so those who are fortunate enough to get food should be prepared to share accordingly. Our in-flight movie will be "Wabbit Season" starring Elmer Fudd, Buggs Bunny, and Daffy Duck."

lol lol lol Good One

I don't know about a low scoring game. Neither team's defense is playing well and probably worse than either offenses so to me that adds up to scoring. McCoy had a decent game last week and Hills could find playing against the Colts rush defense his opportunity to break out this season.

I expect Collins to be better than last week (how could he be worse right?) and be able to get the passing game going.

Peyton Hillis is soooo overrated.

People on these forums give him respect, but not Arian Foster?? Whatever.

Anyways, I expect Addai and Carter to get a lot more carries, since we won't be playing down 17pts in the first Q.

That's because the Madden franchise is where many people on these boards draw their football wisdom. Guess who's on the cover? :yes:

There are several things to expect from tomorrow's game:

1. Dwight Freeney will NOT do anything -- Joe Thomas is the best LT in the game right now, imo, and in the game in 08, he completely shut him down. Don't expect anything.

2. Expect a good game from the linebackers. I know that Gary Brackett is out, but Pat Angerer is a great replacement, and did a great job replacing him last year vs the Redskins. I don't think it will be that great that it will stop Peyton Hillis, but it will definitely be better than last week.

3. We're lucky that the Browns have an awful D-line, so with our awful O-line, especially right side, we should be okay......

4. ...with that being said, Kerry Collins should have a good game. Expect him to make some good throws, but if given time he could do well. He throws a hard ball, and throws it in the right place.

5. Dallas Clark will probably have a good game. The have weak coverage outside linebackers in Fugita and Gocong, so tight ends should shine.

6. Scott Fugita and Chris Gocong are however great tacklers, and with Jackson in the middle, and Taylor on the line, don't expect much from Joe Addai, Donald Brown and Delone Carter.

7. Reggie Wayne shouldn't have a great game with Joe Haden covering him. You can even watch out for an interception. Pierre Garcon won't have a great game either with Sheldon Brown covering him. Look for Austin Collie and Blair White, and if he plays, Anthony Gonzalez for good games.

8. Expect a low scoring game, under 36 points (total, for both teams).

That's what I think, what about you guys?

Well, you can scratch off #1 !