Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

i just thought of something

CR91

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's a top 10 QB.

Who would you put above him though? Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning are givens. Flacco is even more inconsistent and mediocre than Eli. Ben has a solid case for the 5th best, Ryan also has a case but he struggles in the playoffs.

Who would you put above him though? Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning are givens. Flacco is even more inconsistent and mediocre than Eli. Ben has a solid case for the 5th best, Ryan also has a case but he struggles in the playoffs.

Yes I put Flacco ahead of Eli Manning along with, Ryan, the kid from SF, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Griffin and even Luck.   

That is fair. Time will tell. Rodgers team is coming apart. It is inevitable in the FA/cap era. I am not sure if I trust McCarthy or his OC to get the job done.

There is something "off" with the Packers and I can't quite put my finger on it. I guess we will see next year.

You are kidding, right? THe niner D did not even show up or its special teams. Kaep almost led them all the way back from a 22 point hold which would have been the greatest come back in SB history. Did you also miss the NFC champ game when he came back from 17-0 deficit? Or when he smoked your boy Rodgers putting on a record setting post season performance?

Acutlay kaep never "smoked" Rodgers ... Kinda hard to "smoke" a player who plays on the same side of the ball as you ..

that is one creepy avatar qwizboy

It's Anikan Skywalker already having gone Dark side (Darth Vader), and just before Obi-Wan Kenobi chops him up in a light saber duel and nearly leaves him for dead on Mustafar.  Love star Wars.  Had 2 of the VHS tapes (Expensive!!!  I remember paying $79 for Empire Strikes Back in mid eighties!!), All of the DVD's.  Would buy Blu-Ray box set if available...   :)

Reading through this thread, I feel it is ultimate disrespect to put rooks and sophomores above proven vets with 1/2 to a full decade service and rings to go with it.  Yeah, I said it.

This is my thoughts too. I blame Peyton's playoff failure's much more on Polian than I do Peyton himself. If Polian would have ever built a solid team around Peyton instead of just spending all our money on skill position guy's, Manning would have had more rings IMO. This is why I'm so hung up on building the trenches in the Luck era. forget about adding top weapons around him all the time and build a great O-line and a solid defense. Luck, as well as Manning could have/can survive with fewer weapons, but will struggle without a top O-line or a good defense.

BTW, this has been proven time and time again. A solid TEAM is more important than having more weapons.

There were a few games where it was Manning not living up to what is normally expected of him that cost them a few games, but I wouldn't label him a choker.  I think a lot of people just use that harsh tag on him because for awhile Colts fans acted like he walked on water.

In 2005, the year after they emphasized the illegal contact rule and Manning threw for 49 touchdowns, the Patriots held him to 3 points in the playoffs.  If not for a Eugene Wilson dropped interception early in the game in the end zone, the Colts would have scored 0 points that day.

The score was like 17 - 3?  Thats all on the offense...  With all of those weapons on offense and 3 pro bowlers on his offensive line, he should have gotten it done but he didnt.  Hey, thats life in the NFL.. Sometimes it doesnt matter how good a QB is or a team is, if the other team shows up and plays better on that given day, they win the game and move on.

There were a few games where it was Manning not living up to what is normally expected of him that cost them a few games, but I wouldn't label him a choker.  I think a lot of people just use that harsh tag on him because for awhile Colts fans acted like he walked on water.

In 2005, the year after they emphasized the illegal contact rule and Manning threw for 49 touchdowns, the Patriots held him to 3 points in the playoffs.  If not for a Eugene Wilson dropped interception early in the game in the end zone, the Colts would have scored 0 points that day.

The score was like 17 - 3?  Thats all on the offense...  With all of those weapons on offense and 3 pro bowlers on his offensive line, he should have gotten it done but he didnt.  Hey, thats life in the NFL.. Sometimes it doesnt matter how good a QB is or a team is, if the other team shows up and plays better on that given day, they win the game and move on.

But from the same fingers comes a defense of Brady in Super Bowl 42. With all those weapons and Pro Bowlers, they only scored 14 points.

I don't think that loss was Brady's fault, but I also don't think the loss in 2004 to the Pats was Manning's fault. You remember the dropped interception, but say nothing of the fumbles by Dominic Rhodes and Reggie Wayne. Nothing about the 200+ rushing yards the defense gave up, or the non-existent run game from the Colts.

All I'm saying is that the axe swings both ways.The offense did underperform in that game, but it's still not painting an accurate picture to hang the loss on the quarterback.

Yes I put Flacco ahead of Eli Manning along with, Ryan, the kid from SF, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Griffin and even Luck.   

I don't understand how you can put Flacco ahead of Eli Manning. Matt Ryan and Roethlisberger, yes. And the young guys have promise and very well might wind up being better, but Eli has the resume. Right now, Eli is #7 on my list.

It's Anikan Skywalker already having gone Dark side (Darth Vader), and just before Obi-Wan Kenobi chops him up in a light saber duel and nearly leaves him for dead on Mustafar.  Love star Wars.  Had 2 of the VHS tapes (Expensive!!!  I remember paying $79 for Empire Strikes Back in mid eighties!!), All of the DVD's.  Would buy Blu-Ray box set if available...   :)

Reading through this thread, I feel it is ultimate disrespect to put rooks and sophomores above proven vets with 1/2 to a full decade service and rings to go with it.  Yeah, I said it.

Sorry I had to use it!

I don't understand how you can put Flacco ahead of Eli Manning. Matt Ryan and Roethlisberger, yes. And the young guys have promise and very well might wind up being better, but Eli has the resume. Right now, Eli is #7 on my list.

The order they are listed is not the order I would rate each one.  The point is I rate all of them higher than Eli Manning.  Sheesh, some of you get your undies in a twist too easily.

Eli Manning is the most overrated QB in history.

The order they are listed is not the order I would rate each one.  The point is I rate all of them higher than Eli Manning.  Sheesh, some of you get your undies in a twist too easily.

Eli Manning is the most overrated QB in history.

How are my undies in a twist? I simply disagree with you.

I understand that you didn't list them in order, that you believe they are all better than Eli. Again, I disagree. To me, it's the top four of Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers (alphabetical order). Then, in order of rank, on Tier 2 there's Roethlisberger at number 5, Ryan at number 6, and Manning at number 7. Flacco is number 8.

I have the four young guys on Tier 3, in whatever order you want: Luck, Griffin, Wilson, Kaepernick. I think they all have the potential to be Tier 1 or 2 guys in the future, but they don't have the resume yet.

That's just my opinion. I'm not upset about it at all.

How are my undies in a twist? I simply disagree with you.

I understand that you didn't list them in order, that you believe they are all better than Eli. Again, I disagree. To me, it's the top four of Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers (alphabetical order). Then, in order of rank, there's Roethlisberger at number 5, Ryan at number 6, and Manning at number 7. That's just my opinion. I'm not upset about it at all.

Interesting list. This would be my top QBs in order:

Brady

P. Manning

Roethlisberger

Eli

Flacco

Rodgers

Ryan

Brees?

An oversight. I thought I had him there. You know he is a tough one. Not sure where to put him. He is 5-4 in the playoffs and is just as likely to throw a pick six as a TD at times. If not for a Brett Favre brain fart he never gets to the SB. I would probably put him after Eli before Flacco.

An oversight. I thought I had him there. You know he is a tough one. Not sure where to put him. He is 5-4 in the playoffs and is just as likely to throw a pick six as a TD at times. If not for a Brett Favre brain fart he never gets to the SB. I would probably put him after Eli before Flacco.

I think "brain fart" should be changed to "bounty". And you put Brees behind Eli?

I think "brain fart" should be changed to "bounty". And you put Brees behind Eli?

I think you have to. Eli has two rings and two SB MVPs and he also beat Brady and the Pats in those SBs. I know he is inconsistent in the regular season but when you lead two touchdown winning drives to beat the Pats in two SBs and also win 7 road playoff games I think you are above a guy that is 5-4 with one bowl. I always flit flop Eli and Ben to be honest because they are like the same guy. They can be wildly inconsistent but very clutch in the post-season. I think in the end multiple rings puts you ahead of everyone else with just one save for Peyton and his 4 league MVPs.