Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwells Job?

LUVTHESHOE

I was just wondering what coach caldwells duties will be when peyton is back

on the sideline with headset firmly on head running the show. do you think peyton will let

hold and throw the red challenge when peyton tells him to. or just ask him to stay out of the way.

paytin play many football time.

I thought the team was ill prepared to play Houston. That is first real sign that colts are in trouble. I believe the young Q.B.'s should be starting now. Why bring in Collins? Our defense isn't big on the line. Looking at Pats last night, we don't measure up even with peyton. It's time for rebuilding with new coach, players, new GM.

I thought the team was ill prepared to play Houston. That is first real sign that colts are in trouble. I believe the young Q.B.'s should be starting now. Why bring in Collins? Our defense isn't big on the line. Looking at Pats last night, we don't measure up even with peyton. It's time for rebuilding with new coach, players, new GM.

You forgot better hot dogs at the games.

doesnt matter who peyton is, he doesnt have authority over the headcoach no matter how awesome and almighty he is... he's still a player.

well, if i remember correctly he did wave the defense off the field against pittsburg several years ago...and that was with dungy at the helm.

There is plenty of blame to go around. The Colts didn't need a backup QB because Peyton never comes out of the game. But this neck injury has been lurking for more than a year. Peyton's contract even says the Colts can let him go next year without any penalty. So mgmt knew the injury could be serious.

Caldwell does not inspire the team. The team came out flat and it never got better. No leadership visible anywhere on the defense. The offensive line has been neglected and now, when the Colts need a running game in the worst way, it isn't happening.

Colts fans have had a great run. Enjoying winning season after winning season. So now the Colts are having to replace the starting franchise QB, develop an offensive line and hope the defense shows up a lot better than it did against the Texans. A tall order.

Let's see what this team looks like after 8 games. Collins will have had time to become comfortable with the WR's, the O line will have had time to develop some chemistry and just maybe start opening some holes in the other teams D for our RB's.

As Yogi Berra said, it ain't over til it's over. Grit yer teeth Colts fans. This is how the "other half lives."

well, if i remember correctly he did wave the defense off the field against pittsburg several years ago...and that was with dungy at the helm.

That still doesnt make peyton the coach of this team, he is allowed those things because of who he is but that doesnt mean he has no one to answer to.

Caldwell certainly needs to take a bigger role. I blame last game on the players, they didn't execute. If he doesn't come up with a few new ideas and kinks in the scheme to give the team a better advantage, it might be time to start looking around for other coaches.

Up until now, Caldwell has done well and people claim that is because he had Peyton, but we couldn't compare his results with Peyton to his results without Peyton. Now that we don't have Peyton, we will get a good idea of whether or not Caldwell is a Super Bowl caliber coach or if he is the same guy who lost 40 more games than he won at Wake Forest

Most unintelligent post of the century.

The same Patriots team Peyton's 5-2 against in the last 6 years?

You do realize that, despite Brady's gaudy numbers last night, the terrible Dolphins were on the 1 yard line, about to make it a one score game. Instead, they elected to call a stupid fade pattern that failed horribly (no thanks to the awful Patriots defense), and then the Patriots got a fluke 99 yard score immediately after.

The Packers, Eagles, Jets, Lions, and 49ers all looked superior to the Patriots, in terms of complete play. With Manning, we'd smoke their defense.

At any rate, it's not time for a new anything. We need only a healthy Manning.

Why bring in Collins? Because we needed a veteran who can play on the fly and learn fast.

Our defensive line gained nearly 20 pounds per position during the off-season. Some of the players just aren't ready in the system yet.

Do some research, people, before you litter the board with posts like this.

I promise you if Peyton wanted Caldwell fired he would be.. Thats all you need to know about who runs things

Like i said before peyton doesnt run the show, at the end of it all his job is to be the QB while its the coaches and FO job to evaluate players and what not.... if Caldwell wanted to bench peyton manning he very well could, though he would probably lose his job and feel the hatred peyton wouldnt be able to do anything.

paytin play many football time.

I just wanted to say "Thank you" for this post. I had to force myself to do breathing exercises to even attempt to stop laughing and that didn't work for about 10 minutes. :) lol

We brought in Collins because, at the time, we expected Peyton to miss 1, maybe 2 games so he was brought in to help in the mean time, and be there should Peyton regress at any point. I don't believe the FO was prepared for Manning to be out for, likely, the majority of the year. If I'd known he would miss the whole year then I'd have just let it ride with Painter and keep Orlovsky as his backup. Why not? Give Painter a chance to see what he's really made of. Without Peyton, the SB is, to be kind, a long shot at best.

However, now that we have Collins I guess they feel they should continue to play him since they will continue to pay him. I could see the argument for either Collins or Painter starting at this point. However I don't think it would benefit anyone to start playing musical chairs with the QB position.

Like i said before peyton doesnt run the show, at the end of it all his job is to be the QB while its the coaches and FO job to evaluate players and what not.... if Caldwell wanted to bench peyton manning he very well could, though he would probably lose his job and feel the hatred peyton wouldnt be able to do anything.

That is laughable.... If Caldwell tried to bench a healthy Peyton, he would be fired during the game and led out of the stadium by security..

That still doesnt make peyton the coach of this team, he is allowed those things because of who he is but that doesnt mean he has no one to answer to.

i know he is not the coach in title, but he is indy colts football, and i would willing

to bet any amount of money that if he wants you gone you are gone. be it another player or coach. in short he has much more influence on this team than it coach and that can't be argued!

I like Caldwell but he seems confused and sometimes afraid to make a decision. A decisive coach would speak with the DC about the tackling issue and coverage ten yards back, and fix the problem. On the O, Dallas would have been lined up instead of blocking. That's what we have Eldridge for.

For COllins, I don't blame Collins. He's been there three weeks and expected to learn the O that fast. If Garrard would have been available at that time, he may have been a possibility but he wasn't cut from Jacksonville at that point.

Give it time. I don't see the playoffs anyway. If Indy doesn't make it, let Houston flex for a minute, and then we'll retake the lead after that.

That is laughable.... If Caldwell tried to bench a healthy Peyton, he would be fired during the game and led out of the stadium by security..

Im sure you would like that but your statement is laughable, as i recall he did bench the starters during the 14-0 streak... god knows they wanted to play... of course it wasnt him alone who made the decision but in all it was his decision...

i know he is not the coach in title, but he is indy colts football, and i would willing

to bet any amount of money that if he wants you gone you are gone. be it another player or coach. in short he has much more influence on this team than it coach and that can't be argued!

..... What?

Im sure you would like that but your statement is laughable, as i recall he did bench the starters during the 14-0 streak... god knows they wanted to play... of course it wasnt him alone who made the decision but in all it was his decision...

indeed he did, another brilliant decision that has worked out well for him. now can i get

get a stoned face smirk and a we gotta get better, forget it, just give a TIMEOUT!

indeed he did, another brilliant decision that has worked out well for him. now can i get

get a stoned face smirk and a we gotta get better, forget it, just give a TIMEOUT!

Oh well all im saying is peytons awesomeness does not exceed the power of authority.