Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Barrett Jones played with torn ligaments in foot

I never hear anyone say he is a dominant player.  They all say he is versatile and he has leadership ability.  That's fine by me, but he doesn't sound like he is the kind of player we can pin our hopes on, does it?

Agree....I have never heard of a offensive lineman going high due to his versatility.

Bsrret Jones isdefinatley better than just an average O linemen. The guy does not have to huge list of awards he does for No reason. Hes one of the most decorated O linemen in college football history. He has obviously done some things very well. I have heard in Alabama games the guys talk about how Alabama always liked to run right behind him because he opened holes and he hits basically all his blocks. Rarley does he miss an assaignment very rarley. There is a lot to be said for the physical part of the game but the mental part is important too. This guy has a great combination of both which makes him even more valuable. Plus the versatility which I have heard is something that definatley adds value. To me he is the best all around O linemen in the draft. He always knows what going on and who supposed to block who and what calls to make.